Help kids practice fractions with this fun, free printable fraction games for elementary age students. These free fraction games are no prep, just print pdf file, print and play! This is such a great way to squeeze in some extra math practice with 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders will making learning fun! Simply print fraction games printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Fraction games printable
I love playing math games with my children or having two play together while I work with another one. I love that while they play they are having fun and learning. Fraction games are so much more fun than fraction worksheets! What I love even more are games that require no-prep. Ones that I can just print off and go!!! Well this printable fraction games is the essence of both. Our children get to practice identifying factions, recognizing models of fractions, and find equivalent fractions in a fun game……and it is all prep free! This is such a fun math game for grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Printable fraction games
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fraction game helps kids practice identifying fractions both denominators and numerators. This is great for extra practice, summer learning, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
Fractions games printable
Equivalent fractions games printable
Yes, I know I said no prep, but there are a few things to grab.
- Obviously, you want to print the board game out. You will need one game board per player, and I recommend card stock paper as it lasts so much longer.
- Next, you need a die, game board marker, and bingo markers.
Now, you and your children are ready for some fraction work.
Fraction games for 3rd grade
The game is simple to play. Children can place their game marker anywhere on the game board.
Next, they roll the die and move that many spaces in any direction they want. When they land on the space, they figure out what fraction is represented and cover that fraction up on the BINGO board.
The first person to get five in a row wins.
Printable fraction games pdf
There are two main concepts that our sweet little ones are working on while playing this game.
Printable fraction games for 3rd grade
It is essential that our children understand numerators, denominators, and what they look like when modeled. This game provides fraction models. The children have to look to see how many pieces equal a whole (the denominator or bottom number in the fraction) and how many are colored in (the numerator or top number in the fraction.)
While playing this game, I encourage you to ask questions to help them solidify their knowledge. Simple ones like these will get them thinking and understanding fractions better.
- “What will the numerator be? Why?”
- “What will the denominator be? Why?”
- How did you know to look for the 3 in the denominator?
- How did you know to look for a one in the numerator?
Fraction game printable
This game also gets in some equivalent fraction work. On the game board, you will see a fractional model that has three out of four parts colored in.
If you scan the game board you will also see another model that has the same amount colored in, but it has six out of the eight parts colored in. They are equivalent fractions, and you will not find a 6/8 fraction on the BINGO part. Your kiddo will have to find the 3/4 and cover that.
If you would like to introduce equivalent fractions before you play this game…..here is a good place to start. I hope you and your children enjoy this simple game that gets them thinking about fractions, recognizing fractions, and equivalent fractions.
Looking for more fun fraction games for kids? You will love these free printable fraction printables for kids of all ages.
- No-Prep, Free Printable Fraction Games
- Super cute Pizza Fraction Games
- Hands on Easter Fractions Activity
- Printable Fraction Games
- Connect 4 Fractions Game
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Back to School Fraction Activity
- Free Printable, Colorful Fraction Bingo
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- Fraction Flower Puzzle & Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene Fraction Activity
- Pirate Reducing Fraction Game for Kids
- 30+ FUN and FREE Fraction Activities for Kids
Third Grade worksheets
- Free 3rd Grade Math Worksheets with answer keys
- See all our our 3rd grade worksheets and educational activities
- Grade 3 Reading Books pdf list or this printable 3rd grade reading list
- Two Digit Addition Math Game
- Three Digit Addition Math Game
- 2 Digit Subtraction Math Game
- Ice Cream Sundae Place Value Activity
- PB & J Place Value Activity
- Pirate Place Value Game
Worksheets for 3rd graders
- Free Printable Skip Counting Charts
- Skip Counting Worksheets
- Hands-on Skip Coutning Puzzles
- Lego Multiplication Flashcards – help kids gain fluency with these free printable flashcards
- Practice Multiplication with Hopscotch – quick to learn and play multiplication math game for 1-2 players
- Home Run Division – kids will get excited about practicing math with this baseball themed division math game for 1-2 players
- Deck of Cards Division -these division worksheets are ever changing making it a wonderful, hands on way for kids to practice math!
- Multiplication Mini book – help kids learn their math facts by making this handy multiplication facts book
- Skip Counting Posters – handy tool to help kids learn to skip count by 1s-12s to make a firm foundation for multiplication and division
- Robot Money Practice – easy, no prep robot themed activty for kids to practice counting money
- Telling Time Puzzles – kids will have fun putting together the puzzle as they practice figuring out what time it is
- Knights Quest Division Math Game – a clever division game with a medieval castle / knight theme!
- Hot Chocolate Math: Multiplication & Division
Free 3rd grade worksheets
- FREE Book Report Tempalte 3rd Grade or this simple Book Report Template
- Creative Sandwich Book Report or this fun Pizza Book Report
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worskheets
- Detective Parts of Speech Games Printable
- 20 FUn Punctuation Activities for Kids
- Pumpkin Homophone Activity
- LOTS of FREE Printable Writing Prompts
- Free SPelling Dictionary
- Dictionary Detective Activity with free printable cases with answer keys!
3rd grade printable worksheets
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
3rd Grade Science
- Free Scientific Method Worksheet
- Playdough Layers of the Earth activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- Recycling Worksheets
- Animal Classification Worksheets
- LOTS of projects to learn about the human body for kids
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Lesson
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Fraction games for kids
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.