Help kids practice fractions with this fun, free printable fraction games for elementary age students. These free fraction games are no prep, just print pdf file, print and play! This is such a great way to squeeze in some extra math practice with 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students will making learning fun!
Printable fraction games
I love playing math games with my children or having two play together while I work with another one. I love that while they play they are having fun and learning. Fraction games are so much more fun than fraction worksheets! What I love even more are games that require no-prep. Ones that I can just print off and go!!! Well this printable fraction games is the essence of both. Our children get to practice identifying factions, recognizing models of fractions, and find equivalent fractions in a fun game……and it is all prep free! This is such a fun math game for grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fraction game helps kids practice identifying fractions both denominators and numerators. This is great for extra practice, summer learning, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
Free fraction games
Fraction games printable
Yes, I know I said no prep, but there are a few things to grab.
- Obviously, you want to print the board game out. You will need one game board per player, and I recommend card stock paper as it lasts so much longer.
- Next, you need a die, game board marker, and bingo markers.
Now, you and your children are ready for some fraction work.
Fractions games printable
The game is simple to play. Children can place their game marker anywhere on the game board.
Next, they roll the die and move that many spaces in any direction they want. When they land on the space, they figure out what fraction is represented and cover that fraction up on the BINGO board.
The first person to get five in a row wins.
There are two main concepts that our sweet little ones are working on while playing this game.
1 – Recognizing fractions:
It is essential that our children understand numerators, denominators, and what they look like when modeled. This game provides fraction models. The children have to look to see how many pieces equal a whole (the denominator or bottom number in the fraction) and how many are colored in (the numerator or top number in the fraction.)
While playing this game, I encourage you to ask questions to help them solidify their knowledge. Simple ones like these will get them thinking and understanding fractions better.
- “What will the numerator be? Why?”
- “What will the denominator be? Why?”
- How did you know to look for the 3 in the denominator?
- How did you know to look for a one in the numerator?
2 – Equivalent fractions
This game also gets in some equivalent fraction work. On the game board, you will see a fractional model that has three out of four parts colored in.
If you scan the game board you will also see another model that has the same amount colored in, but it has six out of the eight parts colored in. They are equivalent fractions, and you will not find a 6/8 fraction on the BINGO part. Your kiddo will have to find the 3/4 and cover that.
If you would like to introduce equivalent fractions before you play this game…..here is a good place to start. I hope you and your children enjoy this simple game that gets them thinking about fractions, recognizing fractions, and equivalent fractions.
Looking for more fun fraction games for kids? You will love these free printable fraction printables for kids of all ages.
- No-Prep, Free Printable Fraction Games
- Super cute Pizza Fraction Games
- Earth Day Fraction Pack
- Hands on Easter Fractions Activity
- Printable Fraction Games
- Connect 4 Fractions Game
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Back to School Fraction Activity
- Free Printable, Colorful Fraction Bingo
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- Fraction Flower Puzzle & Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene Fraction Activity
- Pirate Reducing Fraction Game for Kids
- 30+ FUN and FREE Fraction Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
FREE Fraction Game
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.