These punctuation activities are a fun and engaging way for kids to learn about punctuation. Kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders will get the chance to learn about the different punctuation marks from periods to question marks, exclamation marks, and more – all in a fun way using punctuation games for kids. Plus, all these fun ideas for learning punctuation marks are FREE!
Punctuation is an important skill to learn. The difference between a period and a question mark can have a huge impact on a sentence and what it means. Because of this, it’s important that kids know how to identify the different punctuation marks, as well as how to use them. These punctuation activities and games will give kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students the hands-on practice they need to become punctuation masters.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free punctuation printables and fun punctuation games for kids to make learning fun. Use these as extra practice at home, summer learning, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to you homeschool language arts curriculum. We love making learning fun with punctuation games.
Punctuation Games for kids
Hands-on activities will give kids the practice they need to master punctuation. From printable books to punctuation stickers, there are so many hands-on fun punctuation activities to learn about this important skill. Kids will practice punctuation over and over again, helping them master the difference between periods, question marks and exclamation points. These punctuation activities for kids are sure to make learning fun.
- Penguin Punctuation Activity – Practice makes perfect when it comes to punctuation, and this activity will help kids practice over and over again.
- Punctuation Mark Stick Puppets – These stick puppets are an adorable way to learn about punctuation.
- Crazy About Punctuation – This printable book helps kids practice punctuation and fluency … it’s a win-win!
- Punctuation Marks Printable Pack – Get all the punctuation practice necessary with this printable pack.
- Punctuation Stickers for Kids – Everyone loves stickers … that’s why this activity is so great!
- FREE Punctuation Flash Cards – Flashcards give kids the chance to memorize and practice punctuation marks.
- The Punctuation Dance – Kids should get up and move with this punctuation dance.
- Printable Punctuation Cards – Print off these free punctuation cards so kids can have fun learning!
- Learn About Commas with Pasta – Pasta makes great punctuation marks with this hands-on activity.
- Practicing Punctuation – This activity includes reading a book in order to learn punctuation!
No one can resist a good game, which is why these fun punctuation games make a great learning tool. Kids will delight in sitting down to a board game or punctuation sort. These games challenge kids to discover the right punctuation answer in sentences, all in a fun way.
- Cars Punctuation Game – This punctuation game is a blast! Kids will love using cars to practice different punctuation marks.
- Punctuation Day – Challenge kids to name that punctuation mark with this fun game.
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game – This is a great punctuation activity for dinosaur-loving kids!
- Teaching Punctuation Paper Plate Signs – This hands-on activity lets kids practice punctuation while you can take a quick visual survey to check for comprehension!
- Sentence Editing Strips – Kids will get plenty of punctuation practice with these sentence editing strips.
- Smores Sentences Game – This sentence game will give kids a hands-on way to practice punctuation and more.
- Punctuation Clip Cards – Clip cards make a fun activity when it comes to learning about punctuation.
- Cut & Graph Sentence Strips – This hands-on activity will help kids quickly master punctuation.
- Turkey Sentence Punctuation Sort – Get your “turkey” on with this fun punctuation game!
- Ending Punctuation Pencil Clip Cards – These pencil-themed activity cards will help kids practice punctuation.
Fun punctuation games
All of these punctuation activities for kids will help children of all ages master punctuation. After practicing these punctuation games for 2nd grade and punctuation activities for grade 1, kids will love showing off their punctuation skills.
Worksheets for Grade 1
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Fun, free printable punctuation games for kids
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
Looking for even more grade 1 worksheets to review skills while having fun? Check out these resources:
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
Dive into some outrageousl fun science with our hands-on experiments and first grade worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
Plus don’t miss these worksheets for grade 1
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Free first grade worksheets
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids and our other worksheet for grade 1
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!