These punctuation activities for kids are a fun and engaging way to learn about punctuation. Kids will get the chance to learn about the different punctuation marks, from periods to question marks, all in a fun way.
Punctuation is an important skill to learn. The difference between a period and a question mark can have a huge impact on a sentence and what it means. Because of this, it’s important that kids know how to identify the different punctuation marks, as well as how to use them. These punctuation activities and games will give kids the hands-on practice they need to become punctuation masters.
Hands-on activities will give kids the practice they need to master punctuation. From printable books to punctuation stickers, there are so many hands-on ways to learn about this important skill. Kids will practice punctuation over and over again, helping them master the difference between periods, question marks and exclamation points. These punctuation activities for kids are sure to make learning fun.
- Penguin Punctuation Activity – Practice makes perfect when it comes to punctuation, and this activity will help kids practice over and over again.
- Punctuation Mark Stick Puppets – These stick puppets are an adorable way to learn about punctuation.
- Crazy About Punctuation – This printable book helps kids practice punctuation and fluency … it’s a win-win!
- Punctuation Marks Printable Pack – Get all the punctuation practice necessary with this printable pack.
- Punctuation Stickers for Kids – Everyone loves stickers … that’s why this activity is so great!
- FREE Punctuation Flash Cards – Flashcards give kids the chance to memorize and practice punctuation marks.
- The Punctuation Dance – Kids should get up and move with this punctuation dance.
- Printable Punctuation Cards – Print off these free punctuation cards so kids can have fun learning!
- Learn About Commas with Pasta – Pasta makes great punctuation marks with this hands-on activity.
- Practicing Punctuation – This activity includes reading a book in order to learn punctuation!
No one can resist a good game, which is why these punctuation games make a great learning tool. Kids will delight in sitting down to a board game or punctuation sort. These games challenge kids to discover the right punctuation answer in sentences, all in a fun way.
- Cars Punctuation Game – This punctuation game is a blast! Kids will love using cars to practice different punctuation marks.
- Punctuation Day – Challenge kids to name that punctuation mark with this fun game.
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game – This is a great punctuation activity for dinosaur-loving kids!
- Teaching Punctuation Paper Plate Signs – This hands-on activity lets kids practice punctuation while you can take a quick visual survey to check for comprehension!
- Sentence Editing Strips – Kids will get plenty of punctuation practice with these sentence editing strips.
- Smores Sentences Game – This sentence game will give kids a hands-on way to practice punctuation and more.
- Punctuation Clip Cards – Clip cards make a fun activity when it comes to learning about punctuation.
- Cut & Graph Sentence Strips – This hands-on activity will help kids quickly master punctuation.
- Turkey Sentence Punctuation Sort – Get your “turkey” on with this fun punctuation game!
- Ending Punctuation Pencil Clip Cards – These pencil-themed activity cards will help kids practice punctuation.
All of these punctuation activities for kids will help children of all ages master punctuation. After practicing these games and activities, kids will love showing off their punctuation skills.