These super cute, clever, and FUN Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets are a great way to help students practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives while having fun. Each of these pirate worksheets has a different activity to practice identifying parts of speech. These worksheets parts of speech are perfect for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders. Simply print pdf file with parts of speach worksheets and get ready to have fun playing and learning!
Parts of Speech Worksheets
Ahoy there matey! Get ready to have a blast as you become a buchanear in a pirate crew practicing finding nouns in these speech worksheets. This pack contains several different parts of speech exercises for grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. The super cute pirate theme along with the cute clipart images make these noun and verb worksheets fun for elementary age kids to complete. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun, creative parts of speech exercise. Use these as extra practice, summer learning, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement for your homeschool grammar curriculum. These pirate pages make grammar for kids FUN!
Parts of speech coloring sheet pdf
Parts of speech coloring sheet
Simply print the pages in the parts of speach printables and hand them out to children with crayons, markers, or colored pencils to complete.
As children work on these identifying parts of speech worksheet they will practice identifying:
- nouns – person, place, thing or idea (such as piarte, tree, treasure chest, shovel, pirate ship, island, etc)
- verbs – action (plunder, dig, climbing, sleeping, swiming, fighting)
- adjective – modifies or describes a noun (strong, mad, tall, sleepy, ferocious, etc)
Parts of speech worksheet
There are several different types of parts of speech worksheets included in this pack. First of all there are these color by part of speach pages. Each of these trhee color by grammar worksheets have a different theme, but all have a word bank to help you identify different parts of the picture:
- Digging up treasure – Children will color the nouns and adjectives a different color on this tropical, deserted island with a palm tree, x to mark the spot of burried treasure! Words included on this page include: digging, smelly, palm tree, shovel, sneaky, island, pirate flag, looking, angry, treasure, scared, gold coin, smelly, shovel, money, cautious, and excited.
- A Pirates Life for Me– A wooden pirate ship is an exciting place to live filled with excitement, adventure, and hard work too. See if you can find the nouns and verbs included on this sheet: looking, treasure chest, climbing, boots, earing, mopping, gem, scrubbing, fighting, hat, eye patch, mug, telescope, map, and ladder.
- Pirates in the Caribbean – As pirates sale the Caribean sea in their massive pirate vessel looking for ships to plunder there are a lot of exciting nouns and verbs to be spotted including: angry, climbing, eating, flag, happy, lazy, mad, map, plank, ship, swimming, treasure chest, and walking.
Free parts of speech worksheets
The second type of worksheets has chidlren help the pirate locate all the nouns and verbs on each ofthe pirate treasure maps on this page by coloring the images. There is a handy word bank next to each map to help kids correctly identify what the cute clipart image stands for.
Free printable parts of speech worksheets
The third parts of speach activity has children identifying the pirate clipart as a noun, verb, or adjective by coloring in the correct pirate ship for each line. THere are 2 noun and adjective worksheets in the pack to cover a variety of words such as climbing, sharks, map, telescope, angry, wlaking the plank, ship, scrubbing, smelly, greedy, swimming, and boots. Students can then colour the pictures of the pirates.
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
Grammar Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Minion Contractions Game
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Synonym Puzzle Printable Synonyms Activity for Kids
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Valentines Day Printable Parts of Speech Mail Sorting
- Printable Homograph Games using Printable Homograph Puzzles Activity
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Common and Proper Noun Sort Printable
- Apple Cut and Paste Nouns and verbs worksheets
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Sentences Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Dictionary Detective Printable Worksheets
- Free spelling dictionary for elementary age students
- Ice Cream Word Endings Sorting Activity
- Pizza Sentence Building Games
- Connect 4 spelling practice worksheets (works with any spelling word list)
- Free Book Report Template – works with any book, for elementary age students
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!