- Bug Sight Word Game
- Building Sentences with Primer Sight Words
- Candyland Sight Word Game
- Chicken Sight Word Game
- Commonly Used Sight Words Read it! Stamp it! Write it!
- Create-Your-Own-Reader (practice sights words, building sentences, cut-and-paste reader)
- Crazy Roads Sight Words Game
- Disney Princess Inspired Readers
- Sight Words BINGO
- Sentence Scrambles (with sight words)
- Reading the Easy Way 2 – Kindergarten Dolch Sight Word 12 week Reading Program
(6 sight words games, 32 sight words worksheets, 10 sight word readers, and more!)
Sight Word Games
As my kiddo was learning to read I found that he benefited from some extra practice with sight word games.
Many of them are rule breaker words that are particularly hard for new readers! I used this resource when Goofy was in 1st grade as it “went along” with our Language Arts pacing really well. But this could easily be used with a wide range of kids 4-8 years. So I wanted to share this resource with you too!
I created Sight Words Bingo.
There are 5 different mats for each level (each set contains 25 commonly used sight words). You can trade off so that your child becomes confident finding the words and reading the words. My son & I had lots of fun playing this game together. It made a HUGE difference in his readying & writing!