Help kids explore colors and how they make you feel while working on vocabulary and interesting words with these color poems. This color poem pack is filled with a FREE poem worksheet for each color for children to learn about poetry and how to express themselves. Perfect for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too.
Have you ever heard of a color poem? Color poems connect out of the box ideas and exercises in thinking and writing in a simplistic way that kids enjoy. Color poems have a format that allow your child to explore the color through all five senses. Your child will have to decide how a color sounds, looks, smells, feels, and tastes. Soon your child will easily think of ways to fill in the color poems on her own.
How to use the Color Poem Printable Pack:
Print out the Color Poem Printable Pack:
The pack includes:
- 6 pages featuring different colors to fill in color poems.
- 1 page combining all colors to write how colors make you feel
Have your child write in the spaces provided on each sheet. Your child may not know how to answer the questions and this is normal. The questions evoke a different way of thinking about a color so you may want to brainstorm with your child. In order to do this first list what items are that color. Then match up how those items affect your senses. The ones that resonate the most with your child can be written on the page. Your child can color the crayon on the page.
Supplies needed: pencil, crayons
Tips for Using the Color Poem Printable Pack:
- Use this format for as many colors as your child can think of.
- Have your child present one or more of the poems to family or friends as an opportunity for public speaking.
- Use other concepts using the same format such as seasons, months of the year, days of the week, and more!
- Have your child draw pictures of the items they associated with the color.
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thanks so much! Will be using these with my 6 year old grandson. 🙂