Whether your children are in a traditional classroom, learning online, homeschooling, or using zoom for school – young kids need a break from sitting for prolonged periods of time. No matter how engaging technology can be, kids get antsy and need to move their little bodies. Brain breaks for kids are the solution with a specific activity for kids to get up and MOVE for a short burst of time. We’ve created these brain break cards that can be used by teachers or as brain breaks for kids at home. These brain break ideas for kids are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.. Simply print the printable brain break cards pdf and you are ready to get those wiggles out!
Brain Breaks for Kids
As parents we know the kids have trouble sitting still for any amount of time. Classroom teachers know this too, kids actually focus better and learn more when they get stretch breaks to move their bodies, get the blood flowing, and allow their minds to take a break. These super cute, fun, and free printable brain breaks for kids are a great way to balance the need preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids have to move with their need to sit still and learn.
In addition, with many families homeschooling, learning online, or other school at home options kids need parents to understand this more than ever. So…. I’ve created these brain breaks to sprinkle throughout your school day to help make sure kids get up and move throughout the day! These are perfect to use as and 1st grade brain breaks, and brain breaks for 2nd grade and brain breaks for 5th graders, and more!
Brain Break Cards
Start out by entering your email address in the box below. It will immediately open the brain break activities pdf file for you to print and save. This will also add you to our free email newsletter where we share tons of other fun, free, and educational activities to help kids have fun learning!
What is a Brain Break
So how many breaks should kids take from their school work? According to this article in the New York Times, if kids take a 3-5 minute break, their brains are optimized to learn for the next 45 minutes! So allowing kids to get up, stretch, and clear their minds is not only good for their bodies, but helps them to focus better on their school work. Win, Win!
Brain Breaks for Kids at Home
I suggest printing in color on cardstock for durability – but use what you have on hand!
Brain Break ideas for kids
We’ve created several free printable brain breaks to give you just what you need to help your child thrive in as you learn at home! These brain break cards include lots of brain break ideas for home, fun simple movements that work for your whole family from toddlers through high school. Use these brain breaks at home so kids move by doing over 50 different physical activities such as a stretch, do push-up, jumping jacks, etc.
Brain Break Activities
Put your cards on a c clip, ring, or in a pile. Set your kitchen time or phone for 45-60 minutes from now. When it rings, pick the next random card for at home brain breaks and all your children will get up and do the action together. This is also the time when they should be encouraged to go to the bathroom and get a drink if needed. By doing breaks all together you will minimize distractions and disruptions during your focused learning.
Brain Breaks for Kindergarten
These brain break games are especially popular with elementary, junior high, and even high school students. Even adults are told that they should take breaks from using the computer to get up, move around. This gets blood flowing, prevents eye strain, hunched shoulders, wrist / elbow injuries, and gaining excess weight from developing a sedentary lifestyle.
Brain Breaks for Children
No matter which of these you choose to use, I’m sure they will help you be successful teaching your child at home. And most importantly, yours kids will learn and have fun. They will look back at this time as fun break in routine!
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
- Free Printable Brain Breaks for Kids
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
- Pipe Cleaner constellation activitiy
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
Printable brain break cards pdf
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All materials provided on this blog is copyright protected.