This winter rhymes activity is a fun way to help your preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade work on early reading readiness skills. Students will match the rhyming words for kids on the mittens by listening for the same ending sound in these words. This is such a fun winter activity for kids who are working on literacy skills. This matching rhyming words activity pack includes twenty-four sets of short vowel rhyming words.
This rhyming words for kindergarten is a fun, hands-on reading activity for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers. Use this as extra practice, winter literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool reading curriculum. Either way this fun rhyming game is a great way to help kids get ready to read! Use this rhying pairs with preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students during December, January, and February.
This low-prep winter rhymes activity is perfect for busy homeschool moms. Just print and laminate the mitten cards, cut them apart, and you’re all set! You can make this a more interactive activity by putting magnets on the back of each card. Put one half of each set on the refrigerator door. Put the remaining words in a bowl on the other side of the room. Have kids choose a card and find its match on the fridge.
Matching Rhyming Words
Rhyming Words Activity
First, print the pages on cardstock and laminate them. Cut the cards apart. Go over the images on each card to be sure your preschoolers are familiar with each one.
Then, have kids match the rhymes. They can do so on a flat surface or on the fridge as mentioned above. This activity makes a great busy bag when you store the cards in a zipper pouch and tuck them in your purse for on-the-go-fun.
Winter Season rhymes
This rhyming words for kids pack of rhyming cards contains 24 sets of short vowel CVC rhymes. All five vowels are included.
FREE Winter Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE winter printables to make learning fun this January? Check out these resources:
- This is such a cute Winter Syllable Activty for Kids
- Looking for more rhyming activities? Kids will have fun practicing with these Hot Chocolate and Marshmallow Rhyming Puzzles.
- This winter, your young learners can work on rhyming words with this set of winter rhymes for preschoolers.
- One of our most popular winter printable – Trace & Erase: Snowman Letter Practice
- Work on letter recognition with these clever Snow Globe Letter FInd Worksheets
- Kids can spend some time this winter focusing on the things they’re thankful for with this winter gratitude journal for kids.
- Work on early reading skills with these Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Kids will have fun practicing a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Snowman Worksheets
- Young learners will practice ordering events with this set of The Mitten story sequence activities.
- Adorable Snowman Counting Book to help kids practice counting from 1-10
- Practice counting to 100 with these Winter Hudnreds Chart Coloring Pages revealing winter scenes as they color by number.
- Kids will hardly realize they are practicing math while they make these Snowman Math Crafts
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our 1st grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages! Plus don’t miss this fun printable lesson where you will learn All About Fish, Sharks facts for Kids, and amazing rays!
Winter Rhyming Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!