I love bringing seasonal activities into my homeschool lessons. These snowmen are perfect for helping your young readers Build a Snowman CVC Words Practice.
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Week
- Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Cup Snowman Craft
- Free Snowman Worksheets for Kids
- Fun Snowman Science Activity
- Snowman Counting Activity
- Printable Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Place Value Snowman
- Winter Count to 10 Printables
- Free Snowman Writing Prompts
- Read a Word Build a Snowman
- Glue Snowman Craft for Kids
- Snowman CVC Words
Build a Snowman CVC Words Practice
This “Build a Snowman” activity is sure to be a hit with your beginning readers. It’s perfect for kids in preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade. The activity does take a bit of prep work, but it’s fairly straightforward. Put on your favorite show, grab your scissors, and you’ll be done cutting out all the snowman pieces in no time.
Print out the pages of this Build a Snowman CVC Words Practice on cardstock and laminate all but the last page for durability. Cut out all of the hats, snowman faces, and snowballs.There are enough pieces to form 20 CVC words – 4 for each short vowel sound. Separate each of the pieces into piles – hats, faces, middle snowballs, and bottom snowballs.
Students will choose a hat and “read” the picture on it. Sound out the word. /c/-/a/-/t/. Have your students pick one snowball at a time (starting with the face) and build the short vowel word pictured on the hat.
This is great practice for beginning readers who are just learning to sound out words. It helps reinforce the concept that sounds work together to make words.
As your child builds each word, have them write it on the worksheet provided in this pack. There is a line for each word. They can also color the snowmen at the top of the page.
You can use this worksheet as a spelling page, as well, to see if your child can spell the words without looking at the snowmen.
Are you looking for more free winter activities? Try these:
- 25 CVC Words Activities
- CVC Words Clipart
- CVC Bridges Activity
- Winter Counting with Snowflakes and Ice Skates
- Winter Preschool Literacy Pack
- Winter ABC Sorting Cards
- Jan Brett’s The Mitten Printable and Hands-On Fun
Download Build a Snowman CVC Words Practice
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.