This fun Bridges cvc games kindergarten uses blocks, the large kind like Duplo and a small ball to practice blending, segmenting and phoneme manipulation of CVC words while having fun! This cvc activities kindergarten is fun for kindergartners, preschoolers and grade 1 studens too.
CVC Activities kindergarten
CVC Games Kindergarten
What you need for this activity:
- Large blocks
- Small ball
- Dry-erase marker
Build three bridges, high enough so that your ball will fit through. Write the first CVC word on the bridges letter by letter.
CVC Games Kindergarten
A typical literacy lesson will go like this (without saying the words in italic font, that is just for the teacher’s knowledge):
- Segmenting – Roll the ball under each bridge and say the sound.
- Blending – Now say the word, putting all the sounds together. What does the sounds on the bridges spell all together? m-a-t, mat.
- Phoneme manipulation – Teacher changes a letter on a bridge. What does it say now? (You could change beginning, middle or ending sounds.) Roll the ball through the bridge that changed sounds.
- Phoneme deletion – Take away a bridge/sound. What does the word say now? (Same as above, you can work on deletion of beginning, middle or ending sounds depending on the child’s needs.)
Auditory Discrimination – give verbal instructions for example:
- Roll the ball through the bridge that says “m”.
- Roll the ball through the bridge with the vowel “a”.
- Roll the ball through the bridge that says “t”.
- If I say “at”, which sound did I NOT say? Roll the ball through that bridge etc.
You can change the words as often as you like. For oder kids one could add more bridges to work on longer words.
A simple activity that works well to practice so many reading skills. The fact that it uses blocks and a ball, just makes it fun!
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!