This holiday season, engage your beginning readers with some hands-on reading practice. They’ll work on reading simple words with this free printable Christmas cvc words Clip Cards. Simply print pdf file with Christmas Printables and cut apart. This literacy activity for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade is such a fun way to sneak in some Christmas Learning during December!
Christmas cvc words
Learning to sound out CVC words will build a strong foundation for beginning readers. One important part of that is being able to identify medial sounds. These holiday-themed Christmas cvc words clip cards will help preschool and kindergarten aged students do that in a fun and engaging way. Use these free Christmas Printables to make learning fun with preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students during December.
CVC Christmas Words
Print out the CVC clip cards. I prefer to print on cardstock, because it is sturdier than regular printer paper. I also suggest laminating the cards for durability. This will help them hold up to hours of learning fun.
Gather some paperclips or clothespins for identifying vowel sounds.
How to Play
Once the cards are laminated and cut apart, they are ready for use. Kids will choose a card and identify the picture featured in each Christmas gift.
They will determine which vowel sound is heard in the word. There is a clue on each card which shows the beginning and ending sounds in case the child struggles to identify the image.
Three vowels are shown across the bottom of the card. Kids will use a paperclip or clothespin to identify which one finishes the word.
This activity helps beginning readers practice CVC words. They’ll listen for medial sounds, and identify the letter that makes that sound on each card.
Using paperclips and clothespins to identify those letters also helps little hands build fine motor muscles.
- Christmas Tree Letter Find – Free Christmas Worksheets
- Printable Christmas Phonics Puzzles
- Grinch Printables Phonics Puzzles
- Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Ornament Christmas Letter Tracing
- Confetti Christmas Alphabet Tracing
- Stocking Christmas Printables for practicing trace upper and lowercase letters
- Create-a-Word Christmas Spelling Activity
- Christmas Writing Prompts for Kids
- Free Printable Christmas Stationary to get kids writing in December
- Christmas Elf Creative Writing
- Free Christmas Rhyming Worksheets
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Rhyming Gingerbread Activity
- Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
- Paint and Spell – Christmas Spelling Activities
- Christmas Phonics Decorate the Word Family Trees
- Color the Christmas Tree – Christmas Sight word Worksheets
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Christmas Sight Word Worksheets – stringing lights
- Candy Cane Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Printable Christmas Sight Word Games
Christmas CVC Clip Cards
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!