Sneak in some fun Christmas Math with these super cute, free printable Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles. These engaging, hands-on math activity for December is way better than Christmas skip counting worksheets. This handy resource for first grade and 2nd grade students helps them practice skip counting by 2s and skip counting by 5s in 100s and 200s to continue developing skip counting skills.
Christmas Skip Counting
Print the pdf file with four different skip counting puzzles aimed at skip counting for early elementary kids in grade 1 and grade 2 students. This set focuses on counting by 2 and counting by 5 with a little bit more of a challenge. Kids will be excited to practice math during December with this educational Christmas skip counting activity that makes learning fun! This Christmas Math activity is self-checking!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this math activity for 1st grade and second grade students! Use this as extra practice this holiday season, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
To prepare the puzzles, simply print in color on cardstock or laminate to increase durability. (If you want to use the puzzles more than once, I highly recommend laminating!)
Then carefully use scissors to cut out the printable math puzzles on the lines.
Note: For even more of a challenge these skip counting printables start with different numbers than most kids think of when they start skip counting. This will show you if your kids really have a strong grasp of skip counting.
Skip Counting Activity
As you introduce the activity, you can give the child one puzzle at a time. For an child who needs a challenge, I give them 2-3 puzzles mixed together and have them sort the puzzles as they assemble them.
Christmas Counting Games
These puzzles are especially great because it’s easy for the kids to see where the missing pieces should go. That way, when they miss a number, they can easily see that “130 goes in between 125 and 135” because the picture doesn’t look right.
(I love activities that are self-correcting!)
Plus, who can resist a little “Christmas on the Beach”?!?!? I love that puzzle in particular. Anyway, I’ll stop gushing about these cute puzzles and let you Print them to use with your kids this Christmas. The scenes included in this pack are:
- Christmas on the Beach – decorated palm tree on the sandy beach in the warm sun
- Outdoor Winter Christmas Scene – Snowy winter scape with evergreen Christmas trees
- Indoor Christmas – Christmas tree with presents under by the fireplace
- Winter Scene – snow drifts with evergreen trees with a shinning yellow sun.
We also have our Free Christmas Around the World series that includes free printables and in in-depth look at more than 30 countries around the world including how they celebrate the holidays, customs, recipes, Christmas crafts, and so much more!
Skip Counting Activities
Try these fun, skip counting activity ideas to make practicing counting by 2, counting by 3, counting by 5, and counting by 10 fun!
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s or Famous Landmarks Skip Counting Puzzles, Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles, Monster counting by 4s, Summer Skip Counting Puzzles, Winter Skip Counting puzzles, Thanksgiving counting puzzles, festive Christmas Skip Counting or Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles)
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Dab the Turkey Math Counting by 10s
- Clip Cards: Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards, bunny skip counting by 2 activity, Count by 3s Halloween math for kindergarten, penguin skip counting strips, animal Counting in 2s and 3s
- or holiday Kindergarten Christmas math activities
- Free Printable Smores Skip Counting Activities
- Printable Skip Counting Activities completing the Sundaes
- Skip Counting Lacing Plates Activity (self-checking)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Hands-on skip counting activities with craft sticks – great visual!
- Skip Counting Number Train Printable
- Pumpkin seed counting activity
- Free Printable Skip Counting Board Game
Skip Counting Worksheets
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- How to teach skip counting with songs, activities, and a counting in 2s, 3s, and 5s game
- Skip count to complete the connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf
- Follow the Path Skip Counting Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Holiday themed – Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets, Fall Math Worksheets to practice skip counting
- Vegetable Skip Counting Dot to Dot Worksheets
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Skip Counting Worksheets – counting by 1s to 15s
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters 1-12 or these skip counting printables posters 1-15s – fantastic visual for elementary age students
Plus we have tons of other FREE Christmas pritnables and activities to help kids celebrate all December long!
- Check out our NO PREP, free printable Chrsitmas Worksheets to help prek and kindergarten age kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills.
- Alphabet Ornaments Trace & Erase are a simple fun way for kids to practice writing letters
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction while revealing hidden Christmas mystery pictures with these Solve and Stamp Christmas Worksheets
- Practice beginning sounds with this hands-on Christmas Tree ABC Game
- Build sight words with this Stringing Chrsitmas Sight Words Activity
- Practice counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, and 10s with these adorable Christmas Skip Coutning Printables
- Count to 100 as you Color by Christmas Hundreds Chart to reveal Christmas pictures
- Print off our free Christmas BINGO Game to have some fun with your family and friends in December
- Or make one of our many clever ornament crafts for kids
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.