Your kids will be so excited to work on letter recognition and beginning sounds with this fun Christmas abc game. This christmas alphabet game matching game is a low-prep activity to help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students work on literacy skills in December. Print pdf file with Christmas printables with phonics fun A-Z then….just print, cut, and go!
Christmas ABC game
Make learning fun this holiday season with this super cute, free printable Christmas abc game. This hands-on alphabet game for preschoolers, kindergarten, and grade 1 students is perfect for Christmas learning in December. Use these alphabet trees from A to Z to work on alphabet order then match the presents with the same phonemic sound to the trees with the featured upper and lowercase letters. Once the beginning sounds are identified, each tree should have two gifts that belong under that pretty Christmas tree.
Christmas alphabet game
Christmas Beginning Sounds
Print out the pages, and cut out each of the trees and presents. I prefer to print on cardstock, because it is sturdier than regular printer paper. I also suggest laminating the cards for durability. This will help them hold up to hours of learning fun.
ABC Christmas game
To start, have your young learners identify the letters on each of the Christmas trees in this activity pack. There are two ways you can do this. You can use the trees like flash cards. Hold up the cards one at a time, and have your child say the letter name.
Or, you can spread the trees out on a flat surface. Call out a letter, and have your child find it among the pile of cards.
Alphabet Christmas Game
Now, quickly go through the images on the gifts to be sure your child can identify each one. Once they can identify them all, have them match each gift to the correct tree based on beginning sounds.
This is a great way to have your kids practice letter recognition and beginning sounds with a fun Christmas twist. Prefer a no-prep worksheet to work on your letters? Try these free printable alphabet worksheets
Add this activity to your holiday learning centers this month. In addition to this activity, your young learners may enjoy going on a Christmas Alphabet Letters Scavenger Hunt as they focus on letter recognition. These Christmas alphabet games provide additional practice with letter recognition in three printable games.
- Christmas Tree Letter Find – Free Christmas Worksheets
- Printable Christmas Phonics Puzzles
- Grinch Printables Phonics Puzzles
- Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Ornament Christmas Letter Tracing
- Confetti Christmas Alphabet Tracing
- Stocking Christmas Printables for practicing trace upper and lowercase letters
Free Christmas Printables
- Create-a-Word Christmas Spelling Activity
- Christmas Writing Prompts for Kids
- Free Printable Christmas Stationary to get kids writing in December
- Christmas Elf Creative Writing
- Free Christmas Rhyming Worksheets
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Rhyming Gingerbread Activity
- Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
- Paint and Spell – Christmas Spelling Activities
- Christmas Phonics Decorate the Word Family Trees
- Color the Christmas Tree – Christmas Sight word Worksheets
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Christmas Sight Word Worksheets – stringing lights
- Candy Cane Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Printable Christmas Sight Word Games
Christmas Books for Kids
Download Christmas Tree ABC Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.