Your kids will be so excited to work on letter recognition and beginning sounds with this fun Christmas beginning sounds matching game! This low-prep activity is perfect for your December literacy centers and learning time. Just print, cut, and go!
Christmas Activities for Families
- Rudolph Races
- Paper Strip Christmas Ornament
- Fluffy Christmas Slime
- 13 Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
- Free Ornament Trace & Erase Ornaments
- Christmas Coloring Sheets
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Marbleized Crayon Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Playdough mats
- Free Christmas Around the World eBook
- Snowman Keepsake Ornament
- Best Gingerbread Cookies Recipes
- FREE Grinch Phonics Puzzles
- No Stick Gingerbread Slime
- Printable Polar Express Worksheets
Christmas Beginning Sounds
Preparing the Cards
Print out the pages, and cut out each of the trees and presents. I prefer to print on cardstock, because it is sturdier than regular printer paper. I also suggest laminating the cards for durability. This will help them hold up to hours of learning fun.
How to Use This Pack
To start, have your young learners identify the letters on each of the Christmas trees in this activity pack. There are two ways you can do this. You can use the trees like flash cards. Hold up the cards one at a time, and have your child say the letter name.
Or, you can spread the trees out on a flat surface. Call out a letter, and have your child find it among the pile of cards.
Now, quickly go through the images on the gifts to be sure your child can identify each one. Once they can identify them all, have them match each gift to the correct tree based on beginning sounds.
This is a great way to have your kids practice letter recognition and beginning sounds with a fun Christmas twist.
Add this activity to your holiday learning centers this month. In addition to this activity, your young learners may enjoy going on a Christmas Alphabet Letters Scavenger Hunt as they focus on letter recognition. These Christmas alphabet games provide additional practice with letter recognition in three printable games.
FUN Christmas Printables for Kids
Christmas Books for Kids
Download Christmas Tree ABC Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.