Get ready to make spelling outrageously fun this December with these fun Christmas spelling activities! Download pdf file with free printable Christmas spelling test and Christmas lights template and you are ready for a really fun way to practice Christmas spelling words. Kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade will love this educational activity around the holiday season!
Christmas spelling activities
Sometimes it can be difficult to keep motivated to “do school” during December. Here is a really fun way for kids to practice their spelling words with a Christmas Spelling Activity. This is a great spelling activity for Kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. We love ways to make learning fun with seasonal activities to keep kids engaged! This activity allows kids to practice their spelling words (works with any list) while painting with watercolor paint and making a fun Christmas project!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clever Christmas learning idea!
Christmas Spelling Words
Christmas Spelling Activity
Simply write your spelling word neatly on the light bulb with a white crayon. Once you’ve written words on each of the festive Christmas light bulbs, it’s time for a little Christmas magic! Use watercolor paint to light up the light bulbs in whatever colors you like. As you paint, watch the Christmas spelling word appear! Pretty cool, huh! Kids will love this magical Christmas activity!
Christmas Spelling Test
You can even make taking a spelling test FUN during the holiday season with these super cute free Christmas spelling test printables that work with any list. There are several choices with different number of words and plain lines or large ruled lines for younger children.
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
Christmas Books for Kids
Grab some new favorite Christmas books!
Download Christmas Spelling Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers and coops please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!