Is your homeschool Kindergarten ready to start sounding out and spelling words? Help them get a jump start by learning to spell some basic Kindergarten spelling.
Kindergarten Spelling Words
By the second half of the year, Kindergartners should be writing basic words. Learning to sound words out and then build the words letter by letter is an essential, foundation skill for all future spelling. Help your homeschool Kindergartner build a strong foundation by practicing these Kindergarten Spelling Words.
Kindergarten Spelling Practice
I suggest printing front to back (note answers on the back bottom of each card) and laminating. You can then hole punch the top left and put the cards on a ring clip to keep conveniently together.
Kindergarten Spelling Worksheet
These worksheets include 30 common Kindergarten spelling words for kids to sound out. There is a picture and lined spaces for each letter needed to spell the word.
How to Use Kindergarten Spelling Cards
These cards have many uses! They can be used:
- Practice writing and spelling with a dry erase marker OR
- Wiith a large variety of hands on spelling manipulatives for a more kinesthetic approach to spelling
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Looking for more fun, clever spelling games and free spelling worksheets? You will love these resources:
- Short and Long Vowel Worskheets for hands-on Spelling Practice
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets
- Fun, Secret Code Spelling Worskheet
- Consonant Cluster Spelling Practice
- Hands-on Spelling Practice with Mini Cups
- 25 spelling activities for kids
- Spelling with Legos activity for kids
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Sensory spelling activities
- 1st Grade Word Search– free printable with grade 1 spelling words
- Money Spelling Activity
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Dart Gun spelling activity
- Jump and Spell – an outrageously FUN spelling activity
- Floss Rule Worksheet
- Spelling Long A Words Activity
- Lego Spelling Test for Kids Printables
- Free Spelling Dictionary
Download Kindergarten Spelling Words Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission from clipart.com
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!