Sometimes there are just some spelling words that don’t stick. We need extra practice for these spelling words and unfortunately lots of extra practice can mean lots of complaining too. So I came up with this Dart Gun Spelling Practice which makes my kids want to practice their spelling words over and over again!
More Fun ways to Practice Spelling Words
- 25 Hands on Spelling Activities for Kids
- Lego Spelling Tests
- Magic Spelling Words
- Hands on Spelling with Mini Cups
- Spelling with Lego
- Consonant Cluster Spelling Mats
- Jump & Spell
- Dart Gun Spelling Practice
- Kindergarten Spelling Practice
- 1st Grade Spelling Practice
- 2nd Grade Spelling Practice
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
Dart Gun Spelling Practice
As you stumble upon words your child frequently misspells (or your weekly spelling list) write them down on the sheet with lots of dart gun lines. When you are ready to practice grab two dart guns – whatever kind you have on hand. Have the parent say the word they need spelled. If you child spells it correctly they get to shoot you and you can mark it off your list. If they misspell the word you get to shoot them.
This is especially great for active boys. You can also use water guns outside during the summer months.
Using the bullseye sheet write down four words your child needs to practice on the orange lines. Have you child stand back 10-15 feet. They can aim for the word they want to spell. If they hit it they need to spell it. If they hit a bullseye they get all new words (a nice relief if the words are difficult for your child). Note: I usually cycle through the words several times so hitting the bullseye doesn’t mean they will never learn to spell it.
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Download Dart Gun Spelling Practice
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from ScrappinDoodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!