Addition and subtraction within 10 is an essential math skill for Kindergarten and Grade 1 students. This free printable kindergarten math games is a fun way to get practicing while having fun!
Addition within 10
Once children can count to 10, 20, and 30 it’s time to help them move on to counting to 50 and 100; it’s also time for them to start learning about addition. Addition within 10 is one of the most basic concepts, but one that is super crucial because it is a foundational skill that your child will use over and over again in all math through not just all their school years, but life. This is basic math that they will need to be not only accurate, but quick with so they can carry over numbers when adding double digit numbers in future math or subtracting single, double, or triple digit numbers.
Using addition within 10 games makes it fun for pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students so they WANT to practice math! And we all know that practice makes perfect when it comes to math for kindergartners!
Addition within 10 Games
Kindergarten Math Game
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this is a low prep addition math game perfect for summer learning, extra practice, math center in your classroom, or as a fun educational activity to make learning fun! I suggest printing on cardstock for durability.
Cut out the spinner by cutting around the circle OR simply cutting a square shape that includes the spinner. Use a pencil tip and paper clip to spin OR add a brad. OR make a hole in the center, add a split pin and attach a paper clip for spinning.
Cut out of card, slip into a paper clip and get them to stand up by adding blu tac or play dough to the bottom of the paper clip.
Subtraction Fluency Within 10
To play this addition and subtraction math game, place your counters (or a math manipulative such as a button, Lego mini figure, etc.) on START. Spin the spinner (or roll a dice) and move your piece to the next space that matches the number on the spinner. To know which space to move to, students will have to solve addition and subtraction problems to know which space to move their player to. Continue taking turns (or play this math game by yourself) to move around the board to the END.
HINT: We like to play by having students color the space they land on. Continue playing and going around the board until all the spots on the board are colored in. Students will have fun decorating their own math games with crayon, markers, and colored pencils.
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
- Kindergarten Reading the Easy Way
- FREE Kindergarten Worksheets
- Kindergarten Sight Word Games
- Kindergarten Daily Calendar Notebook
- Hands-on Kindergarten Spelling Activity
- Free Printable Kindergarten Book List
- Solar System Sun Lesson for Kids
- Kindergarten Word Families Sliders
- 16 Country Studies for Kids
- A to Z Find the Letter Worksheets
Download FREE Fluency within 10 Math Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.