If your students are working on spelling long a words, they will love these super cute and handy long vowel activity. Grab these long a sound words worksheet, print, and cut into individual clipart cards. Use this long a vowel for teaching long vowel sounds to kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Simply print the vowel printables and you are ready to add this to your language arts lessons.
Spelling Long A Words
We’ve jumped back into school during the hot month of August. In our language arts we will be jumping into long vowels. Hence the need to get started on “long a” activities. This low prep Spelling Long A Words game is a great way to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students improve their spelling, phonics skills, and reading while having fun! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy long a sound words worksheet to turn into hands-on clip cards to make practicing long a words fun! So grab this long vowel activity and let’s get practicing!
Long a sound words worksheet
Long Vowel Activity
Once your little one has practiced spelling these fun words, it is time to get those clip cards ready. First, print them off on card stock paper. (You can laminate them for additional durability.) Next cut them out. Finally, grab some clothespins and you are ready to go.
Long A Words
For some reason, spelling words out before we read them helps my daughter immensely. If you find your child is not able to quickly pick up new words, this may be a route you want to go.
Grab some magnetic letters, and let the practice the words they will be reading. In this activity, they will be reading these words.
First Grade Phonics
This activity is super easy to do. First, the children sound out the word on the card and then say that word aloud. Next, they place a clothespin on the picture that matches the word they just read.
This allows them to practice three skills. They get to practice reading “long a” words, then there is a little comprehension work as they find the picture that matches the word they read. Finally, they get in some fine motor skills as they squeeze the clothespin to put it on the right letter.
There is so much work being done with these simple “long a” clip cards.
Long vowel sounds worksheets
Looking for more practice with the long a sound? Check out these free printables:
- Dot Marker Long a sound Worksheets
- PrintableLong Ai Words Game
- Long a Words Clip Cards
- Spelling Long A Sound Words Worksheet
- Identifying long and short vowel sounds worksheets pdf
looking for more fun vowel activities and resources to make learning to read and spell words fun? Check these out!
- Missing Vowels Clip Cards are a fun way for kindergartners and first grade students to practice adding in the missing vowel sounds
- Practice adding short and long vowels to word with these no-prep Vowels Worksheets
- Practice matching vowels sounds to clipart with these puzzles featuring Kindergarten Vowels
- Make practicing FUN with this cute short vowel games or use this long vowel games
- Grab these super cute CVC word puzzles free printable
- Handy Long Vowel Sounds Worksheets
- MIssing Sound Clip Cards Vowel Activities
- Practice adding short a words with this cut and paste activity for kids
- Long a vowel clip cards
- Short e words printable book for practicing adding the e vowel
- Cut and Paste short i words mini book
- Short i words Printable sight word reader for kids to practice reading short i words
- Cute Bunny Short i words puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice listening for the short i sound in words this spring!
- Work on short o words with this cut and paste booklet for kids to read, build, and write
- Cut and paste short u cvc words printable book for practicing adding the u vowel
- Printable vowel activities for kindergarten
- See all our Vowels activities here
Long Vowel Clip Cards
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.