Here is a fun hands on way for kids to practice their spelling words.
More Spelling Activities
- My Spelling Dictionary (free printable)
- Spelling MAGIC
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- St. Patrick’s Day Create-A-Word
- Lego Brick Spelling Tests (free)
- Kindergarten Spelling Practice
- 1st Grade Spelling Practice
- 2nd Grade Spelling Practice
- Spelling Dictionary
- 50 Hands on Spelling Ideas
- Practicing Spelling Words with Lego
Hands on Spelling with Mini Cups
I am always looking for fun, creative ideas for my kids to practice their spelling words. Practice makes perfect, but dull repetition makes for bored children who loose their love of learning. I came up with this fun, reusable spelling games that my kids love!
You need mini cups. Ours had lids which allowed them to be stacked too.
Plus you’ll need circle stickers to write the letters you need. Think wheel of fortune, lots of vowels, r, s, t, l, n, d, etc. You can always add more as you need.
Note: I made all the vowels yellow and the consonants blue.
We spelled several ways. The first was she put the words in order like you’d spell them.
To mix it up we also spelled words in a tower from top to bottom.
Both ways were LOTS of fun and made her excited to practice her spelling words.