Looking for a fun hands on spelling activities for kids to practice their spelling words,you will love this idea! This spelling activities is perfect for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to practice spelling words from any list! Kids will get great spelling practice as they build the words from their spelling list one letter at a time.
I am always looking for fun, creative spelling word activities for my kids to practice their spelling words. Practice makes perfect, but dull repetition makes for bored children who loose their love of learning. This fun, reusable spelling practice activities is a fun, educational project kids love! Use this hands-on spelling practice with kindergatners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clever idea for practicing any spelling words while having fun!
Hands-on Spelling Activities
You need mini cups. Ours had lids which allowed them to be stacked too.
Plus you’ll need circle stickers to write the letters you need. Think wheel of fortune, lots of vowels, r, s, t, l, n, d, etc. You can always add more as you need.
Note: I made all the vowels yellow and the consonants blue.
Hands on spelling activities
We spelled several ways. The first was she put the words in order like you’d spell them.
To mix it up we also spelled words in a tower from top to bottom.
Both ways were LOTS of fun and made her excited to practice her spelling words.
Fun Spelling Games
Looking for more fun, clever spelling games and free spelling worksheets? You will love these resources:
- Short and Long Vowel Worskheets for hands-on Spelling Practice
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets
- Fun, Secret Code Spelling Worskheet
- Consonant Cluster Spelling Practice
- Hands-on Spelling Practice with Mini Cups
- 25 spelling activities for kids
- Spelling with Legos activity for kids
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Sensory spelling activities
- 1st Grade Word Search– free printable with grade 1 spelling words
- Money Spelling Activity
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Dart Gun spelling activity
- Jump and Spell – an outrageously FUN spelling activity
- Floss Rule Worksheet
- Spelling Long A Words Activity
- Lego Spelling Test for Kids Printables
- Free Spelling Dictionary
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles