If you’re looking for a fun animal themed learning game to play with your kids, you will love this fun Animal Matching Game that helps children work on visual discrimination and improving their memory skills! This free printable memory game animals is such a playful way to learn with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This animal matching is sure to be a hit as kids match the adorable animal pairs! Print pdf file with Animal matching game printable and get ready for some fun.
Animal Matching Game
Working on memory is such an important skill to develop in preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. As interesting as we can make lessons, there are some things they simply need to memorize! This free printable animal matching game helps them strengthen those skills in a way that doesn’t feel like work!
The benefits to having a memory game as part of your preschooler or kindergartener’s day don’t stop there! Matching games also help kids improve their concentration, critical thinking, and spatial skills. Bet you didn’t think all that could be packed into a little game of memory!
Animal matching game printable
Playing this game couldn’t be any easier, and it’s a great way to break up the homeschool day! Just simply print the matching game cards below, print and cut them out, and play! For longer use, I do recommend either printing on a thicker cardstock or laminating the cards.
Once you have the cards ready to go, mix them all up and place them face down. Take turns with your preschooler, each turning over two cards on your turn. If they turn over two cards that match, they can keep both cards in a pile next to them. If the cards don’t match, both get flipped back over.
Zoo animal matching game printable
Over time, you’ll see an improvement in their ability to recall which card was where. Using their favorite woodland animals as the pictures will help them to remember as well!
Finding ways to add play-based learning to the homeschool day keeps your kiddos engaged and wanting to learn more. They might just ask to play this woodland matching memory game again tomorrow!
Looking for more free animal printables for kids? You will love all these resources!
- Animal I Spy Worksheets
- I Spy Farm Animals Printable
- Printable Farm Hidden Picture
- Animal Dot to Dot (math for prek / k)
- Count to 30 Bugs Activity
- Safari Animals Counting to 30 Game
- Zoo Animals Color by Number
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Emergent Reader
- Farm Do a Dot Printable
- Counting Farm Animal Worksheets
- Farm Color by Number
- FREE printable animal masks templates
- Forest Animal Finger Puppets
Animal memory game printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836, Teachers Resource Force, and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thanks! Using in my Noah lesson