Looking for a way to spice up your spelling tests? Try making spelling games using hot wheel cars!
Fun Spelling Test Idea for Homeschool Kids
If you are like me, you do what you can to make learning FUN!! My sun is not a big fan of spelling so I came up with this simple activity to make taking a spelling test FUN! (He asked to take another test =-)
On a flat box (or chalkboard or dry erase board) make a curvy road that leads to a “garage” with 20 spots. Tell your child the spelling word and have them write it (you can number them and practice following directions or simple math problems too). If they write it correctly give them a thumbs up.
Your child can then drive & park a car over the correctly spelled word.
Goofy only missed one out of 20 words! I was so proud ….. and most importantly SO WAS HE!! We did practice the word he missed 5 times and included it with the next weeks spelling words. Goofy has asked to do this again and again =-)
Fun Kindergarten Activities
- How to Make Snow Candy (historical, fun winter activity)
- Glow in the Dark Playdough
- DIY Microwave Puffy Paint
- Homemade Scratch off Cards
- 60+ Fun ways to Use a BOX!
- How to Color Rice
- DIY Block City from a Pizza Box
- Making the Most of Educational DVDs with Alphabet Stamps
- Velcro Craft Stick Preschool Activity with free printable idea book
- Reading the Easy Way – Preschool reading program using 5 games, fun worksheets (like color by sight word), and readers.
Leave a Reply