Make practicing shapes fun with this Shapes Christmas Game for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students during the holiday season in December. Simply print pdf file with the free Christmas worksheets, roll the dice, and color in the shape Santa Claus shared. This shape recognition activity is such a fun Christmas Math idea for early learners.
I love finding new ways to help kids recognize and learn their shapes. This activity is a great one to use around the festive season. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners will roll the cube and identify the shape of the gift that Santa is holding and then find this shape on their recording sheet and color it! There are two different sets of recording sheets, one with the shape images and one with the shape names. This clever Shapes Christmas Game is sure to make practicing identifying shapes fun!
FREE Christmas Worksheets
Simply print the file below, cut out inserts and stick into Foam Cubes, and set out worksheets with crayons.
Print as many recording sheets you need for the set of students in your class. I like to laminate the Santa cards for repeated use. If you have the cube plastic inserts from Amazon, then use these to insert the cards in for an easy roll and play game. These two games can easily be differentiated according to the ability of the students in your class. Choose the first game to use with your ELLs or special ed. kiddos and the first game to use with your mainstream kids.
To begin, for the first game instruct the students that they will roll the cube and identify the shape that they rolled. They will find the same shape on the Santa bags and color it. They continue to do this until they’ve colored all the Santa bags. For example, a student will roll and land on a square, they will find the matching picture of the shape of a square on the Santa bag and color it.
For the second game, students will roll the cube and identify the shape then find the matching name of the shape on their recording sheets and color it. They continue this until all the bags are colored.
And if you’re looking for other Christmas themed math practice, check out the FREE “12 Days of Christmas Math” which includes math activities and games for Kindergarten through Algebra!
- Roll and Cover Christmas Math for Preschoolers
- Christmas Connect the Dots (counting to 10 or 15)
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Pack of Christmas Dot to Dot Worksheets (counting 1-50)
- Free Christmas Fact Families with addition and subtraction practice
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring Worksheets (counting to 100)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Printables Count to 10 Booklet
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Christmas Counting Cookies Clip Cards
- Cut and Paste Christmas Math Worskheets reviewing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Solve & Stamp: Christmas Math Worksheets (addition/subtraction)
- Fun Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Counting Christmas Cookies Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Color by Number – color by addition and subtraction
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than Worksheets
- Decorate a Christmas tree with math – Christmas Word Problems
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Decorate the Math Christmas Tree by solving equations adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- 20 Amazing Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Number Tracing Printables
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Word Family Christmas Printables
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 200+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
Shapes Christmas Game
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.