Shape Flashlight Constellations
Shapes are the foundation to geometry. I have a tendency to focus primarily on identifying shapes, but with this activity we are going to focus on both shape identification and drawing shapes.
This activity is great for pre-k, kindergarten, and first-grade kids.
In addition to working on drawing shapes, this activity works your child’s fine motor skills as they grip thepush-pin. This activity is also an opportunity to teach your child about the importance of respecting materials since they can get poked by the push-pin.
Your kiddos will love seeing the results of their constellation poking when they attach their paper to the flashlight.
- Shape Flashlight Constellation Template
- Push Pin (Larger ones are easier for small hands)
- Download the FREE Shape Flashlight Constellation Template below.
- Cut the template into 6 individual pieces.
- Place a shape on the cardboard and use the push-pin to poke a hole in each of the stars.
- Tape the shape over the flashlight
- Go inside a dark room, turn on the flashlight, point it at a wall and admire your constellation.
- Repeat with all the shapes.
Tip: Be sure to wiggle the push-pin around a bit to make the holes a little bigger, this will help the light come through.
Looking for more shape activities? Check these out.
- Shapes Bingo
- Stars Lesson for Kids
- Dinosaur Shape Match
- Feed the Polar Bear – Shape Identification Activity
- Constellations Mini Book
- Shape Taco Silly Recipes
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Do a Dot Shapes Worksheets
Download Shape Flashlight Constellations
Before you download your shape printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.