Learn about the moon for kids with this phases of the moon printable that folds into a handy mini book. This moon phases printable is a great pocket guide to take while observing the solar system with a telescope or camping. Then put what you’ve learned into action with this moon phases activities that is perfect for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders. In this oreo moon phases activity, students will recreate a full moon, waxing gibbous, first quarters, waning gibbous, waning crescent, last quarter, waxing crescent, and new moon with an edible science project. Simply print printable moon phases and you are ready to play and learn!
Phases of the moon printable
Kids will have fun learning about the different phases of the moon with this free moon printable for kids. This Moon Phases Printable includes the phases of the moon with a picture , name, and explanation of what it mean. Simply print, fold, and use as you learn about the moon with your child. This phases of the moon printable is perfect for a solar system for kids unit or a moon for kids lesson as part of science or exploring your child’s natural interests.
Moon phases printable
Moon phases activities
We have two moon phases activities that go together so well! First you are going to print the moon phases printable and I’m going to show you how to quickly turn it into a cute mini book for your student to learn about the different phases of the moon. Then kids will use the information in the booklet to make oreo moon phases! Print the moon printables and grab your sandwich cookies, and ready to make learning fun!
Moon phases mini book
Moon phases printable pdf
Phases of the moon worksheet free
Phases of the Moon Worksheet
The pages of this moon activity are simple, but clear for learners of all ages to quickly reference and learn!
Oreo Moon Phases
We like to use this moon phases printable with our Oreo Moon Phases activity! Cookies make everything more fun! Make sure to grab the free printable worksheet to make the Oreo Moon Phases – this is such a fun solar system activity for kids of all ages!
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Free Constellation Activity Sheets
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Crafts & Activities for Kids collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
Phases of the moon worksheet pdf free
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Moon Phases Mini Book <<
Thank you so much!
this is awesome! thank you so much
Le bendigo en gran manera, por toda su creatividad y desprendimiento en colocar muchas de sus creaciones de manera gratuita, Dios le supla y le multiplique
Aún que no he podido disfrutar mucho del mismo, ya que esta en ingles y por el momento no he logrado comprender muy bien el idioma, pero de igual forma muchas gracias por su intención
bendiciones y un abrazo
Thank you! My great granddaughter is learning about the sun and the moon in her first grade class. This is a wonderful activity and she loves oreos!!
Thank you so very much, Beth
I use you materials all the time in my classroom! Amazing materials!
Your mini book looks great, I can’t wait to use it in my classroom