Celebrate the arrival of winter by making some tissue paper snowflakes! This fun snowflake craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten and first grade student. As students make this fun winter craft they will also work on fine motor skills and be able to decorate the house for December, January, and February too. These popsicle stick snowflakes use simple materials you might already have in your craft supplies, and is a great way to recycle that tissue paper left over from Christmas. The kids will put their little hands to work tearing and pinching the paper so this is also great fine motor practice!
Tissue Paper Snowflakes
I intended this tissue paper snowflake craft to be for my preschooler, but my elementary aged child came in and exclaimed, “Those are cute!” and wanted to do one too. So I think this would be fun to do with all ages from toddlers, kindergartens, and more! Not only are these easy paper snowflakes for kindergarten simple to make, but these popsicle snowflakes are super cute too!
Plus children will get a lot of fine motor practice with this craft. All of that tearing, scrunching, pinching, and sticking is a lot of work for little hands. Younger kids may need some help, or a little break while completing this activity.
Popsicle stick snowflakes
This snowflake craft only uses a couple simple materials you probably already have laying around your house!
- 3 popsicle sticks
- white or light blue tissue paper (regular, metallic, or even glittery!)
We had a lot of white tissue paper on hand that we in gifts that we wanted to re-use, so this was a great way to do that. These snowflakes would also look really nice with light blue tissue paper, metallic silver, white glittery… so many possibilities!
Before beginning this craft, tear pieces of white tissue paper and set aside so they will be ready to stick onto the popsicle sticks.
Next place a drop of glue onto the middle of a craft stick and glue another stick on top. Repeat with the last popsicle stick to layer them in a criss-cross design, as shown below.
Let this dry before moving on. This way the popsicle sticks wont come apart while adding the tissue paper in the next step.
Snowflake craft ideas
Now it’s time for the fun part! Add a strip of glue to the tops of each popsicle stick. Grab a piece of tissue paper and pinch it to bunch it up just a bit. It doesn’t need to be a tight ball. Stick these bunched pieces of tissue paper onto the popsicle sticks until they are all covered.
Snowflake crafts for kids
Let dry and your cute snowflake craft is compete!
These make beautiful decorations. Add string to the back to hang them from the wall or ceiling, use a strong magnet on the back for a refrigerator magnet, or place in the window so they can catch the light.
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable