Help young learners work on Pre-Writing skills with this simple, no prep free winter printables for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. These winter prewriting worksheets are perfect for the cold months of winter in December, January, and February.
Winter pre writing worksheets
Learning to write is a very important part of a child learning. It’s an important form of communication that children need to learn, but it can be difficult. That being said, it is actually easy and fun to practice drawing in ways that can help children strengthen their writing or handwriting currently, or in the future. These clever pre writing activities are sure to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens strengthen hand muscles and get ready to write their letters! Each winter themed prewriting worksheet includes space to practice lines and figures in a winter themed top hat, hot cocoa, mittens, and more while having fun!
Winter writing activities for preschoolers
Prewriting skills are critical before children can write their letters. These skills can be formed in a variety of ways including fine motor skill activities, drawing lines, or even forming shapes with playdough. This pack is another engaging way to encourage whichever line you are hoping to practice.
The theme is winter, but the space is open for your children to practice what THEY need to practice. They may be in a differnet place than another child, but this set is versatile to be helpful for EVER child.
After you print this pack, you can choose if you would like to laminate or not. Laminating will allow you to use the pages over and over. This can be super helpful for children who need extra practice. If you don’t have a lamintator, dry erase pockets are also a fantastic alternative.
Preschool writing activities
If you choose not to laminate, you can use with crayons, markers or colored pencils.
Each page has a picture that is open. There are not designs or colors on the picture. This leaves it open for the child to do as they need to.
Drawing lines, either straight or curved or swirly, can help children with the ability they need in order to write letters. There is not a specific way that these pictures need to be filled in, but these are some fun ideas:
This can also be helpful for prewriting skills when a child will begin writing in cursive. There is even more loopies and swirls in cursive than printed letters. This can be super helpful for this as well.
Pre writing skills worksheets
Writing letters correctly is important. Whether you are teaching children to write printed or in cursive, it can be frustrating for all involved. You may be just introducing your child to writing or encouring them to strengthen their handwriting skills. Either way this pack will be super helpful.
- S is for Snowman Ideas for a week-long theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Snowman Cup Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Craft
- Adorable Keepsake Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Cute, DIY Snow globes for Kids
- Paper Plate Snowman Wreath
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Snowy Owl Babies Art for kids to make with a fork or this owl paper bag puppet
- Simple and Beautiful Winter Crayon Resist Art
- 100 Winter Crafts for Kids
- Simple Foil Icicle Craft for Preschoolers
- Snow Textured Paint project for kids
- EPIC Snow Paint Idea for winter
- Snow Shaving Cream Activities for kids
- Tissue Paper Snowflakes Craft
- Easy Hot Chocolate Craft
- Sticky Yarn Snowflake Craft Preschool
- Felt Snowflake Art Project for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Paint Swatch Tree Winter Craft for Preschoolers
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- How Do you Make EASY Snow Clay for Christmas Ornament Crafts
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe and Activity
- Making historic Snow Candy (with 2 recipes!)
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- Chilly Snow Dough Antarctica Activities for preschoolers
- 30+ January Activities for Kids
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Martin Luther King Activities
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Winter Melting Snowman Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions with Simple Snowman Science Winter Experiment for kids
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Winter Marble Notecards created with science
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a can- Winter Science Experiment
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF, preschool winter pre-writing worksheets, or these snowman writing prompts
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Snowman Beginning Sounds
- Winter Color by Letter
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Parts of Speech Winter Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Hot Chocolate Game or Mitten Beginning Sounds Game
- Hot Cocoa Winter Rhyming Words Puzzles, winter rhyming words activity, or these hat winter themed rhyming words puzzles
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words Printables and Activities
- Self-Correcting Winter Boots Alphabet Game
- Mitten Blend Puzzles – Winter Activities for Kindergarten
- Winter Syllables Printable Activity
- Penguin Sight Word Worksheets
- Winter Math Telling Time Worksheets and Activities
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Winter Snowballs Odd and Even Games Printable
- Snowman Counting Task Cards Activity
- Snowman Math Craft or this build a snowman math for practicing addition and subtraction
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Super cute Winter Counting Worksheets for preschoolers
- Hands-on Snowman Counting Activity for young learners
- Snowman Mulitiplication Puzzles
- Free Printable Snowman Counting Book
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Winter Math Activity with Snap Cube Pattern Cards
- Hot Chocolate Math – Addition and Subtraction Fact Families
- Addition Mitten Math Matching game for Kindergartners
- Fraction Snowflakes Activity
- Winter Colors – Penguin Matching Game or this Mitten Match Game
- Mitten Winter Playdough Mats
- Penguin Printable Math Clip Cards for counting to 20
- Winter Math – Skip counting puzzles
- Hundreds Chart Winter Color by Number or these more simple winter color by number worksheets
- Snowman Worksheets working on place value
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Workshsets
- Snowman Worksheet pack with lots of pages of math, literacy, and more for 3-8 years-olds.
- Check out even more ideas in this Winter Theme
- Penguin Activities for Penguin Awareness Day on January 20th
- Simple Winter Coloring Pages
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Don’t miss these fantastic Winter Read Alouds, fun Winter Picture Books, or these Winter Books for Preschoolers
- Roll and Dab Winter Activity Sheets or these winter printables to learn color words with bingo markers
- Winter Worksheets for Kindergarten and Preschoolers
- Arctic Animals Worksheets -huge pack with math and literacy skills for toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders
- Winter Birds Worksheet for working on letters, counting, addition, and more! (huge pack!)
- Penguin Life Cycle WOrksheet Pages
- Sequencing How to Build a Snowman Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!