Help young learners work on Pre-Writing skills with this simple, no prep free winter printables for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. These winter prewriting worksheets are perfect for the cold months of winter in December, January, and February.
Pre writing activities
Learning to write is a very important part of a child learning. It’s an important form of communication that children need to learn, but it can be difficult. That being said, it is actually easy and fun to practice drawing in ways that can help children strengthen their writing or handwriting currently, or in the future. These clever pre writing activities are sure to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens strengthen hand muscles and get ready to write their letters! Each winter themed prewriting worksheet includes space to practice lines and figures in a winter themed top hat, hot cocoa, mittens, and more while having fun!
Prewriting skills are critical before children can write their letters. These skills can be formed in a variety of ways including fine motor skill activities, drawing lines, or even forming shapes with playdough. This pack is another engaging way to encourage whichever line you are hoping to practice.
The theme is winter, but the space is open for your children to practice what THEY need to practice. They may be in a differnet place than another child, but this set is versatile to be helpful for EVER child.
After you print this pack, you can choose if you would like to laminate or not. Laminating will allow you to use the pages over and over. This can be super helpful for children who need extra practice. If you don’t have a lamintator, dry erase pockets are also a fantastic alternative.
If you choose not to laminate, you can use with crayons, markers or colored pencils.
Each page has a picture that is open. There are not designs or colors on the picture. This leaves it open for the child to do as they need to.
Drawing lines, either straight or curved or swirly, can help children with the ability they need in order to write letters. There is not a specific way that these pictures need to be filled in, but these are some fun ideas:
This can also be helpful for prewriting skills when a child will begin writing in cursive. There is even more loopies and swirls in cursive than printed letters. This can be super helpful for this as well.
Writing letters correctly is important. Whether you are teaching children to write printed or in cursive, it can be frustrating for all involved. You may be just introducing your child to writing or encouring them to strengthen their handwriting skills. Either way this pack will be super helpful.
FREE Winter Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE winter printables to make learning fun this January? Check out these resources:
- This is such a cute Winter Syllable Activty for Kids
- Looking for more rhyming activities? Kids will have fun practicing with these Hot Chocolate and Marshmallow Rhyming Puzzles.
- This winter, your young learners can work on rhyming words with this set of winter rhymes for preschoolers.
- One of our most popular winter printable – Trace & Erase: Snowman Letter Practice
- Work on letter recognition with these clever Snow Globe Letter FInd Worksheets
- Kids can spend some time this winter focusing on the things they’re thankful for with this winter gratitude journal for kids.
- Work on early reading skills with these Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Kids will have fun practicing a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Snowman Worksheets
- Young learners will practice ordering events with this set of The Mitten story sequence activities.
- Adorable Snowman Counting Book to help kids practice counting from 1-10
- Practice counting to 100 with these Winter Hudnreds Chart Coloring Pages revealing winter scenes as they color by number.
- Kids will hardly realize they are practicing math while they make these Snowman Math Crafts
- Plus don’t miss this fun printable lesson where you will learn All About Fish, Sharks facts for Kids, and amazing rays!
Download Winter Pre-Writing Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!