Make learning to read sight words fun by creating a cute game for your beginning reader. Your animal lover will love this Feed the Dog reading game. It is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade children– and easily adaptable to any word list.
Big Brother LOVED reinforcing reading concepts through games, and now that it is Little Sis’s turn to start reading, I came up with a fun game for her to practice her reading skills.
I love creating fun, hands-on games for my kiddos. Here’s our latest, Feed the Dog Reading Game.
Feed the Dog Sight Word Reading Game
- paper cup
- sticky googly eyes
- white paint
- small wooden sticks
To play this game, have your child pick up a “bone” with a word on it. Have your child read it, and if done correctly… Feed the Dog!
Another way to play would be to call out a word and have your child sort through the bones to find the correct one, and then… Feed the Dog!
- Candyland Sight Words Game
- Rockets Sight Words Game
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Crazy Roads Sight Words Game
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Say It, Read It, Build It Printable
- Word Family BINGO Reading Game
- Sight Words High Five Game
- Spring Flowers Sight Words Game
- Bug Sight Words Emergent Reader
- Sight Words BINGO
- Reading the EASY Way