More FREE Writing Activities for Kids
- February Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Unicorn Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts
- Free Printable Handwriting Paper
- 500+ FREE Writing Prompts for Kids
Valentines Day Letter Writing Kit for KidsThe prep for this activity couldn’t be any easier. Just print your labels and letters and grab a pencil, then you are ready to go. You can choose to print it in black and white and let your little ones color their own llamas, or you can print the already colored version.
Time to WriteLetter writing is a wonderful way for little ones to practice their writing skills. As an added bonus, everyone LOVES receiving handwritten notes from a child.If you want a picture book that would go well with this lesson, read, “Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch.” It is my very favorite Valentine’s story, and shows the huge impact you can make by showing someone a little bit of kindness.
Before doing this activity I love to go over the important features of a letter. I explain that we start with the heading, and then I have them put the date in the top right corner. Next, we discuss the greeting. Then they decide who they will be writing to. Then, of course, we talk about the body of the letter. I try to encourage my writers to include at least 3 meaningful sentences in their letter. You can adjust this for the age and writing levels of your writers. You want it to challenge them, but remain achievable. Last, we talk about the closing. Then they sign their letters and get them ready to deliver.
Valentines Day Activities for Kids
Download Llama Letter Writing
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!