Spring is here! That also means spring fever will set in soon and wiggly children will want to run and play rather than do school. and let’s not forget their teacher is ready for a little outdoor sunshine as well. However, there are still lessons to learn. What about if your writing practice was already set for the month?
FREE Creative Writing Prompts
- April Creative Writing Prompts (printable worksheet prompts)
- Farm Creative Writing Prompts
- Community Helper Writing Prompts
- Jungle Animals Creative Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Fun Writing Activity
- 500 FREE Writing Prompts for Kids
April Writing Prompts
Download your copy of April Writing Prompts and your creative writing lessons will be set for a full month. The ideas will keep your children engaged and best of all you can just drink a cup of coffee while they write. Post the printable wherever you have your classroom and make sure to provide notebooks and pencils.
Take a peak at all our FREE creative writing prompts for elementary age kids!
April Writing Ideas
Here are some tips for engaging your children with these prompts:
- For younger students allow them to draw a picture to go along with the writing prompt.
- Turn the writing prompts into an opportunity to learn speech by having your child present her story.
- For an added grammar lesson have your child mark verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. Perhaps you can ask your child to make sure her writing has a certain number of adjectives.
- Have your older children edit their own work.
- For fun, allow children to write a story together or read each other’s when finished and give alternative endings.
- Perhaps you can list vocabulary words or spelling words and challenge your child to use as many possible in her writing.
Allow this time to be fun and relaxed to encourage the most creativity. Don’t worry about spelling or grammar until the writing assignment is complete. Once complete ask your child to go over the writing on her own first and then go over it together. Just have some fun and then go out for a nature walk!
Spring Activities for Kids
This beautiful painted flower crafts is such a fun spring activity for kids!
Kids will have fun practicing identifying word families with these Free Flower Word Family Cut & Paste activity.
Download April Writing Ideas
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!