Looking for a fun project of stained glass art for kids for kids to make? You can quickly turn your window or front door into a stunningly beautiful stained glass window craft! This stained glass craft is fun for the whole family to try together; kids from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students will want to help. So try this kids stained glass window to turn your glass into a piece of modern art that decorate inside AND outside too!
Stained glass Craft
Brighten up a dreary winter day with a stained glass craft for kids! This stained glass art for kids is fun to make with the whole family from preschoolers and kindergartners to elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6. This stained glass for kids will announce the beginning of springtime with a spring craft for kids, or get ready for Easter with a stunning stained glass kids craft that uses liquid chalk to make a bold statement.
This stained glass art project has a very modern art feel with all the bold colors and lines. The stained glass crafts sort of reminds me of Mondrian, except the lines are more angled and retro, and the colors are more vibrant and eye catchinig. You’ve GOT to try easy stained glass projects this year!
Stained glass craft for kids
We did this project to welcome spring! We just love how our faux stained glass window turned out and I know you will too! There are so many variations of patterns, colors, etc. and it is adaptable to any situation.
- Chalk Markers (we got ours on Amazon, but you can get them at craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joanne Fabrics too)
- Painters Tape (you can use any thickeness you happen to have on hand)
- clean window
- Baby wipe or paper towel and windex to clean off the surface when you are done
You can do this project on any glass window or door.
Stained glass art for kids
To make this kids stained glass window, take painters tape and make random lines throughout the glass leaving different size shapes throughout your glass. You want some big square and others that are small. Unless you are going for a Mondrian looking art project, you want it to look angular and unpredictable.
It doesn’t matter how thick your painters tape is – use whatever you have on hand leftover from your most recent panting project. Our tape was pretty thick, about 2 inches. At first I thought it would be too thick and leave big open spaces. But, I actually LOVE how it turned out. The spaces were big enough so we could still see out the door, plus it allowed lots of natural light to still get in. I also think it looks perfect when you look at the window from farther away – like neighbors walking by.
Now use liquid chalk in any color that you like to folor in the spaces. I really liked these thick markers we got as they didn’t run out or stop working mid project as I’ve heard is the case with some of the smaller markers. You will want to be careful to not press to hard or it might drip. Once we figured that out, we didn’t have any other problems.
Make sure you overlap the painters tape so it makes nice crisp lines for the best looking stained glass projects for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, pre k, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grdae, junior high, and high school age students.
Stained glass window craft
Once you have finished your project, carefully peel off the painters tape and put it in the garbage. This is how the stained glass window craft / front door will look from the inside of your house. See how it looks beautiful decorated with red, pink, purple, green, blue, yellow, orange, and white – but it also lets light in and allows you to see the pretty spring trees outside your window or find out who is knocking on the door.
I love that this project is super easy to clean off! Simply wipe off any spills with a baby wipe. When you are done use paper towels and glass cleaner to quickly and easily return your windows and doors back to their original see through, shiny surface as if your project never existed.
Your community will love your enjoying your brightly decorated front door or window all winter, spring, or summer long.
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Mowing the Lawn Spring Alphabet Game
- Spring Alphabet Worksheets for preschoolers
- Alphabet Kite Craft
- Free Printable Flower matching game for preschoolers
- Rainbow Spring Letter Tracing for kids
- Spring Flowers Letter Matching Printable for Upper and Lowercase Letters
- Rainy Day Find-the-Letter Spring Worksheets
- Raindrop Letters Matching activity for spring
- Hop to it! Frog alphabet matching game printable
Spring Language Arts
- Free Printable Flower rhyming words
- Bunny short i puzzles are a fun spring activities for kindergarten
- Cut, Paste, and Read Spring Sight words Reader
- April Showers Digraph Activities for second grade
- Spring sight words game
- free printable sight word worksheets for spring
- Spring vowel worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring CVC Words Activity
- Cut, Paste & Read Bug Free Printable SIght Word Books pdf
- Hands-on Caterpillar spring cvc words activity
- Printable spring bubble word family games
- April Writing Prompts Calendar
- Free May Writing Prompts Worksheets for K-4th graders
- Rhyming Words Spring Worksheets
- Simple, free Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Printable Spring Emergent Reader
- Planting Carrots CVC Word Activity
- Frog free printable sight words games pdf
- Tulip spring rhyming words worksheet
- Carrot word family worksheets for kindergarten
Spring Math Activities
- Butterfly Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free printable kite Skip Counting Craft
- Spring counting playdough mats
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Count to 10 Insect printables for preschoolers
- Fraction Flowers worksheets for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar flashcards – numbers
- Bug Measuring Cards Free
- Raindrop counting activity for spring
- Spring carrot what comes next activity
- Flower free printable number bond worksheets for kindergarten
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-30 pdf
- Spring Math Puzzles to work on counting and addition
Spring Math Activity
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Birds, Free printable one to one correspondence activity with jelly beans
- Free printable missing number worksheets
- Spring Bunny counting number tracing cards
- Teen Number sense Flower Addition Worksheet
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats
- Printable Spring Tracing Worksheets
- Free Printable FLOWER shapes activities for kindergarten
- Vegetable counting from 1 to 10 clip cards activity
- Seeds Make 10 Addition Game
- Spring Addition Counting Clip Cards
- Kite Color Matching – free printable learning colors for toddlers game
- Free printable How to plant a seed step by step worksheet
- I Spy Farm Animals (great for visual discrimination & counting)
- Free Printable Spring Worksheets Preschool
- Backyard Critters Insect worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring color words worksheets using do-a-dot markers
- B is for Butterfly weekly theme
- Fun Ant activities for preschoolers (prek / k)
- I is for Inchworm activities for kids
- Match the Flower Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Spring lego challenge cards
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Umbrella Craft
- I Spy Spring
These science projects and spring science experiments are perfect for indoor or outdoor!
- How big is a Raindrop Experiment for kids
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Density water balloon science experiment
- Fun-to-Make, Beautiful Chromatography Butterflies for kids
- Vinegar and Baking soda Rocket Experiment
- Outrageously cool Lemon Clock project for kids
- Making butter in a jar experiment
- Balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Amazing Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
Spring Science Worksheets
These free science printables are a grea way to learn about the parts of a plant, plant life cycles, animal life cycles, to take along as zoo field trip worksheets, and more!
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Hatching Butterflies Observation Book
- Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet free
- Free Earthworm life cycle worksheet
- Nature Walk Activity Sheet
- Frog Life Cycle for Kids spinner activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Free Zoo fieldtrip worksheet
- Printable Animal Habitat Game
- Insect Life Cycle printable books
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
Your kids are going to want to try these fun springtime craft projects.
- 30 DIY Bird Feeder projects to make with kids this springtime
- Gingho Leaf Umbrella Craft
- Bubble Wrap Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Cute toilet paper roll bunny crafts for kids
- 40 Earth Day Crafts
- Easy Impressionism for Kids spring art project
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Pop-up Butterfly Crafts for preschoolers
Flower Crafts for Kids
- 100 Beautiful Flowers Crafts for Kids to Make
- Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Celery Painted Tulip Flower Craft
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Ideas
- Felt Board Flower Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Fine Motor Bead Flower Craft for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Flower Crown
- Cute printable flower craft for mothers day
- Super cute Printable Flower Craft for working on name recognition
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
Spring Activities for Kids
- Colorful Snake Bubble Activity for kids
- Spring pasta craft for kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Find monthly resources such are our March Crafts for kids or our March Activities for Kids!
- Check out our April Crafts for kids or our April Activities for Kids!
- Don’t miss these May Crafts for kids or our May Activities for Kids!
- Let’s ease into summer on June 21st with these June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT bubbles