In our homeschool science we’ve been learning about the biosphere. To help my children better understand the different biomes and animal habitats for kids, I created this habitat game to help kids learn about he different major biomes and animal habitat for kids. Instead of animal habitat project or habitat worksheets, this Habitat Adventure game is a FUN, re0usable way for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6 the graders learn about 8 Major Biomes of the World, 60+ amazing animals with free printable animal cards, as well as what is Taxonomy for kids. Simply print free animal habitat printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Help children learn about the 8 major Biomes of our World – Desert, Mountains, Grassland, Ocean, Arctic Tundra, Deciduous Forest, Coniferous Forest, and Tropical Rain Forest with this fun, free printable habitat game. Simple grab the pdf file and print the super cute game filled with beautiful full color animal photographs that make up the playing cards. The science game board has cute clipart and the game play is super simple to play. This is such a fun, hands on habitat activity for kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Whether you are a parent sneaking in a fun, hands on educational activity or a teacher looking for a new science activity for your science center, or perhaps you are a homeschooler supplementing your science curriculum – either way this free printable habitats for kids game is sure to make learning fun!
Free animal habitat printables
Animal habitat game
Print the real animal flash cards printable and board game in color on cardstock for durability. Cute the animal cards printable apart and tape the 2 page gameboard together.
Habitat games for 2nd grade
Habitat Adventure is a fun, easy to play, educational game for kids in Kindergarten – 6th Grade. In the game you will travel around the board helping put the animals back in their correct Biome (or habitat). While doing so your child will become familiar with animal habitats.
Habitat games for 1st grade
You will need to print the free game at the bottom of this post and print off the following on cardstock for durability:
- 22” x 8” gameboard (that is 2 sheets of paper taped together)
- Animal fact Cards (optional – you can print back on cards too)
- Get a dice and game markers (I suggest small stamps with lids, pom poms, animals, etc.)
Each Animal Fact Card is filled with with information. So besides using with the Habitat Adventure Game, these cards are great to teach your kids about some amazing Animals from all over the world. Each card includes the Biome the animal is native to, Taxonomy information, beautiful photograph, animal name, information about the animal, plus for those just studying North America, you can sort your cards by animals found in North America!
Taxonomy for Kids
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Zoo Animal Reports
- Free Zoo Animals Worksheet – several leverls to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Endangered Animals Worksheets
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Free Bat Life Cycle Worksheets
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Butterfly Printable worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Game
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Free Hibernation Printables
- Shark for Kids Printble Reader
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Jungle Writing Prompts Worksheets for kids
Animals for Kids
Sneak in some additional learning activities featuring these amazing animals with these clever resources:
- Zoo Animals Color by Number
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Reader
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- I Spy Animals Worskheet
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Preschool Animals Theme
- Animal Activities for Preschoolers with Animal Cookies
- Beginning Sounds Animal Cards
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z
- Printable Animal Masks
- Animal I Spy
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
Science Experiments for Kids
Make learning Science fun with these clever science projects and ideas for kids of all ages!
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- How to Make a Simple Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Lemon Battery Experiment
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Easy-to-Make Balloon Hoovercraft STEM Project
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Make your own Scribble Draw Bot Stem Activity
- Learn about States of Matter for Kids with this simple ballon demonstartion
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
Science Activities for Kids
These science ideas will be so memorable for children:
- Color-Changing Flowers – Capillary Action Science Experiment
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Human Heart for Kids: 2 Fun Heart Models plus Worksheets
- Simple Light Bulb Experiment to WOW kids with Science
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Botany Plant Lesson for kids – 80 pages of information, worksheets, and experiments
Habitats for Kids
- This is for personal use only (you may print off 1 copy for your families personal use)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, copied or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply