In our homeschool science we’ve been learning about the Biosphere. To help my kids better understand the different Biomes, I created Habitat Adventure. This free printable Science game teaches kids about 8 Major Biomes of the World, 60+ animals, as well as Taxonomy.
FREE Science Games
Other than this fun, free science game, here are other printable science games for elementary age kids:
- Nocturnal Animals Game
- Edible Animal Cells
- Skeletal System Projects
- Hatching Butterflies with FREE Printable
- Exploring the Scientific Method – Which Park is the Best?
- Periodic Table Battleship
Habitats for Kids
In our Homeschool Science this year we’ve been using Christian Kids Explore Biology. I love all the hands on science activities it proves as well as it’s ease of use. It is perfect to use together as a family by focusing on hands on activities with younger learners and adding in the worksheets and more advance projects for older kids.
In Unit 1 of Christian Kids Explore Biology we were learning about Biomes and Taxonomy. That can be a hard concept for kids to grasp and commit to memory. So in my quest to provide a fun, learning environment for my kids I came up with a game that would help them!
Animal Habitats for Kids
Habitat Adventure is a fun, easy to play, educational game for kids in Kindergarten – 6th Grade. In the game you will travel around the board helping put the animals back in their correct Biome (or habitat). While doing so your child will become familiar with 8 major Biomes of our World – Desert, Mountains, Grassland, Ocean, Arctic Tundra, Deciduous Forest, Coniferous Forest, and Tropical Rain Forest.
You will need to download the free game at the bottom of this post and print off the following on cardstock for durability:
- 22” x 8” gameboard (that is 2 sheets of paper taped together)
- Animal fact Cards (optional – you can print back on cards too)
- Get a dice and game markers (I suggest small stamps with lids, pom poms, animals, etc.)
Animals and their Habitats
Each Animal Fact Card is filled with with information. So besides using with the Habitat Adventure Game, these cards are great to teach your kids about some amazing Animals from all over the world. Each card includes the Biome the animal is native to, Taxonomy information, beautiful photograph, animal name, information about the animal, plus for those just studying North America, you can sort your cards by animals found in North America!
Looking for more fun ways for kids to learn about Animals and their habitats? Try these free printable resources:
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Silly Animal Puzzles & Animal Habitats Activity for Kids
- Animal Cookie Habitats Activity
Taxonomy for Kids
Fun Science Experiments for Kid
Have you ever wondered how diapers work? Explore the how diapers work with this fun, easy, hands-on science experiment for kids.
Help kids explore air pressure with these 4 EASY air science experiments.
Learn about capillary action with this colorful and easy Walking Water Science Experiment for kids.
This clever Water Balloon science Experiment explores DENSITY!
Explore why leaves change colors with this fun, easy, hands-on experiment.
Makes science not only fascinating, but yummy with these 19 Amazing, Edible Science Projects.
Download Habitat Game
- This is for personal use only (you may print off 1 copy for your families personal use)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, copied or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from ScrappinDoodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!