In our homeschool science we’ve been learning about the Biosphere. To help my kids better understand the different Biomes, I created this habitat game to help kids learn about he different major biomes and habitats animals live in. Habitat Adventure is a free printable Science game that teaches pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6 the grade students about 8 Major Biomes of the World, 60+ animals, as well as Taxonomy.
Help children learn about the 8 major Biomes of our World – Desert, Mountains, Grassland, Ocean, Arctic Tundra, Deciduous Forest, Coniferous Forest, and Tropical Rain Forest with this fun, free printable habitat game. Simple grab the pdf file and print the super cute game filled with beautiful full color animal photographs that make up the playing cards. The science game board has cute clipart and the game play is super simple to play. This is such a fun, hands on habitat activity for kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Whether you are a parent sneaking in a fun, hands on educational activity or a teacher looking for a new science activity for your science center, or perhaps you are a homeschooler supplementing your science curriculum – either way this free printable habitats for kids game is sure to make learning fun!
Habitats for Kids
Print the cards and board game in color on cardstock for durability. Cut the animal flashcards apart and tape the 2 page gameboard together.
Animal Habitats for Kids
Habitat Adventure is a fun, easy to play, educational game for kids in Kindergarten – 6th Grade. In the game you will travel around the board helping put the animals back in their correct Biome (or habitat). While doing so your child will become familiar with animal habitats.
You will need to download the free game at the bottom of this post and print off the following on cardstock for durability:
- 22” x 8” gameboard (that is 2 sheets of paper taped together)
- Animal fact Cards (optional – you can print back on cards too)
- Get a dice and game markers (I suggest small stamps with lids, pom poms, animals, etc.)
Each Animal Fact Card is filled with with information. So besides using with the Habitat Adventure Game, these cards are great to teach your kids about some amazing Animals from all over the world. Each card includes the Biome the animal is native to, Taxonomy information, beautiful photograph, animal name, information about the animal, plus for those just studying North America, you can sort your cards by animals found in North America!
Taxonomy for Kids
Animal Habitat Activities for Kids
Looking for more ways to teach kids about animals and their homes, you will love these fun activities to teach kids about animals.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunts – lots of choices for teaching a variety of things for 3-15 year olds!
- Edible Animal Cells Project
- Biology Science Vocabulary Flashcards (free printable!)\
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Habitat Game for Kids (Free – Exploring Biomes, Taxonomy, and Animals for K-6th)
- Zoo Fieldtrip Guide
- Animal Free Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers
- Silly Animal Puzzle and Habitats Activity
- Biome Coloring Pages
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- 40 Zoo Animal Crafts for Kids
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Heart Salt Crystals Experiment
- Egg Density Experiment
- Fizzing Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kindergartners
- Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- how diapers work with this fun, easy, hands-on science experiment for kids.
- 4 EASY air science experiments.
- Easy Walking Water Science Experiment for kids.
- This clever Water Balloon science Experiment explores DENSITY!
- Explore why leaves change colors with this fun, easy, hands-on experiment.
- Makes science not only fascinating, but yummy with these 19 Amazing, Edible Science Projects.
Free Science Games
- This is for personal use only (you may print off 1 copy for your families personal use)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, copied or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!