Do you need a quick and easy cvc activities that will help your young learners practice CVC words? If so, look no further! I’ve got just what you need. This cvc word games has children spell cvc words one letter at a time to create cute caterpillars. This spring activities for kindergarten is great for practicing reading and spelling while having fun! Simply download pdf file with cvc word activities and you are ready for an engaging and FUN cvc words activity.
CVC Words activity
This cvc word activities takes a little bit of prep work to get it ready, but it’s well worth the effort in the end. Your beginning readers will love building caterpillars while working on simple CVC words. THis is such a great cvc words activity to develop fluency with early readers as they spell and read with a cvc word printables. Use this kindergarten spring activity with preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students in your garden theme, spring theme, or insect theme for kids.
CVC Word Printables
Learning to read CVC words takes a lot of practice. Blending sounds together to make a word that kids can understand is hard work. Make that hard work more fun with hands-on activities like these.
This activity focuses on CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words. There are fifteen words featured – three for each of the five vowels.
There are four pieces to build each caterpillar – a head (featuring an image of the CVC word) and three body parts (featuring a letter from each CVC word). I’ve also included word cards for younger kids who aren’t quite ready to read the words themselves. They can practice building the words by sequencing the letters they see on the word card.
Students will choose a ‘head’ and identify the picture featured. Be sure they say each of the three sounds in each word.
Spring activities for kindergarten
Once you’re sure they hear/say all three sounds, have them begin searching for each of the three letters that represent those sounds. Have them string those four pieces together to build a CVC caterpillar.
You can start with one vowel sound at a time. Work on the short “a” words, and then move on to the next vowel when students have mastered the first one.
Once you’ve covered all five vowel sets (all 15 words), you can mix them up and give them all to your student. This adds a challenge for older students.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
Plus don’t miss these very hungry caterpillar printables!
- Super cute, HUGE pack of FREE The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printables
- Free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables Tracing Numbers Worksheets
- Learning about Money Hungry Caterpillar Game Printable
- THe Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards – NUMBERS
- Hundreds Chart Coloring The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- 26 Super Cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities
- Plus, don’t miss our Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party
- Caterpillar CVC Words Activities
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Caterpillar CVC Words
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.