If you are looking for a fun way to help kids being Reading CVC Words, you will will love this free CVC printables for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This cvc words with pictures pdf free download is such a fun way to help early readers work on sounding words out using phonics skills. Simply print cvc words with pictures pdf file with the CVC activities printable and you are ready to make learning fun!
CVC stories printable pdf
It is time to start reading cvc words. For the last few months, we have built words, replaced beginning sounds, changed the ending sounds, and filled in missing vowels. But now it is time to read. One of my twins is taking off. He loves the simple books filled with CVC words, and he is proud of his progress. The other is really struggling. Seeing a sentence of words is intimidating to her and we aren’t having the success both of us want.
So today we are taking a step back. Today we are just going to be reading one CVC word at a time, and these free cvc printable clip cards are the tool we will be using. This cvc free printables is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
CVC words with pictures pdf free download
Free cvc printables
All clip cards require just a little bit of work.
- First, print off the clip cards you want to use with your beginner reader.
- Next, cut them out and then laminate if you want extra durability.
- Finally, gather up some clothespins and you are ready to go.
CVC words with pictures pdf
Now it is time to practice the reading CVC words. Begin by having your child place their finger on the dot under the first letter. Have them say the sound that the letter makes.
Then, have them move their finger to the next dot, and say that sound. And finally, the finger should move to the last dot and make the sound that the letter makes.
CVC words pdf free download
Now comes the hard part. Putting all the sounds together. If your child struggles with this, you may want to backtrack and try this suggestion from The Measured Mom
In this example, the child should read be able to put the sounds /p/ – /o/ – /t/ together to say pot.
CVC words pdf
Once they read the word pot, it is time to prove that they understand what they read. Now they get to find a picture of the word pot and place a clothespin on that picture.
It’s that simple. A little less intimidating way to get reading CVC words.
- Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow CVC Word Mats
- CVC Games Kindergarten
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC words with pictures pdf Printable
- Color-the-Letter to spell the picture, Free Printable CVCe Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets
- Monster Match CVC Words Worksheets
- Farm CVC Animal Words
- Sundae CVC words worksheets for kindergarten pdf free
- “at” CVC Word family worksheets pdf
- Heart Penguin CVC Words
- Dab-a-Dot CVC Worksheets Mazes
- See TONS of fun an dfree CVC Activities here!
- Super cute and handy, Free CVC Puzzles
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- Ending Sounds Clip Cards (or version 2)
- Secret CVC Words Worksheets – Beginning Sounds with Magnetic Letters
- Detective Case File Crack the Code CVC Words
- Free, Black and White CVC Crack the Code Worksheets
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- Peter Pan CVC Coloring Pages
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Caterpillar Spring CVC Words
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Build a Snowman Winter CVC Words Practice
- Ice Cream CVC Word Match & Build
- Bee CVC Worrksheets pdf
- Easter CVC Words Activity
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh
- Star Wars CVC Games
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity
- Cooking Up Rhymes: Read & Dab CVC Words Activity
- Going on a Bear Hunt CVC Games Online
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Roll and Read CVC Sentences
- Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet
- Pirate cvc words short a
- Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short I Words Emergent Reader
- Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- CVC Words Middle Sounds in Words Clip Cards
- CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice
- Airplane Rhyming Words CVC Words Worksheets
- CVC Games pdf – Word Bump
- Spring Bird CVC Word Activity
- Ice Cream CVC Word Activities
Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kindergarten activites with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years! Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, first grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Worksheets for Grade 1
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Fun, free printable punctuation games for kids
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
Looking for even more grade 1 worksheets to review skills while having fun? Check out these resources:
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
Dive into some outrageousl fun science with our hands-on experiments and first grade worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
Plus don’t miss these worksheets for grade 1
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Free first grade worksheets
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids and our other worksheet for grade 1
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
CVC stories printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Reading CVC Words <<