If you are looking for a fun way to help kids being Reading CVC Words, you will will love this free CVC printables for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This CVC words printable is such a fun way to help early readers work on sounding words out using phonics skills. Simply download pdf file with the CVC activities printable and you are ready to make learning fun!
Free CVC Printables
It is time to start reading cvc words. For the last few months, we have built words, replaced beginning sounds, changed the ending sounds, and filled in missing vowels. But now it is time to read. One of my twins is taking off. He loves the simple books filled with CVC words, and he is proud of his progress. The other is really struggling. Seeing a sentence of words is intimidating to her and we aren’t having the success both of us want.
So today we are taking a step back. Today we are just going to be reading one CVC word at a time, and these free cvc printable clip cards are the tool we will be using. This cvc free printables is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
CVC Words Printable
CVC activities printable
All clip cards require just a little bit of work.
- First, print off the clip cards you want to use with your beginner reader.
- Next, cut them out and then laminate if you want extra durability.
- Finally, gather up some clothespins and you are ready to go.
Reading CVC Words
Now it is time to practice the reading CVC words. Begin by having your child place their finger on the dot under the first letter. Have them say the sound that the letter makes.
Then, have them move their finger to the next dot, and say that sound.
And finally, the finger should move to the last dot and make the sound that the letter makes.
Now comes the hard part. Putting all the sounds together. If your child struggles with this, you may want to backtrack and try this suggestion from The Measured Mom
In this example, the child should read be able to put the sounds /p/ – /o/ – /t/ together to say pot.
CVC Words Kindergarten
Once they read the word pot, it is time to prove that they understand what they read. Now they get to find a picture of the word pot and place a clothespin on that picture.
It’s that simple. A little less intimidating way to get reading CVC words.
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Penguin Short Vowel CVC Words Printable Read & Write
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Farm CVC Words Activity
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
- Plus don’t miss this fun printable lesson where you will learn All About Fish, Sharks facts for Kids, and amazing rays!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our 1st grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
CVC words free printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!