Practicing beginning sounds and final sounds is important for young children learning to read and write. These self-checking CVC final sound clip cards encourage children to work independently while practicing 36 CVC words which makes them perfect for Kindergarten!
What words are included?
- hat, ham, hay
- met, mew, men
- fig, fin, fit
- cow, cob, cod
- hum, hut, hug
- cab, cap, car
- pet, peg, pen
- big, bib, bin
- toy, top, tow
- tux, tub, tug
- bag, bar, bat
- sub, sun, sum
CVC Words Ending Sounds Clip Cards
Download the cards below. Print off the color or black and white pages onto card and cut along the dotted lines. Fold on the gray lines to create 2-sided cards. Glue the backs together or laminate. Grab some pegs so they’re ready to use!
- Children look at the main picture and the two letters underneath.
- Say those sounds (for eg ‘do’) and then say it again, adding the sound in the first square to the end. What is that word? Does it match the picture?
- Try putting the next two letters at the end. What words do they make?
- Clip a peg to the letter that makes the word match the picture.
- Turn the card over to self-check the answer and to check if you read the other words correctly, too!
Want more free final sounds activities?
Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kindergarten activites with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, first grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Download CVC Final Sounds Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.