Help kids practice making number bonds with this super cute, Flower number bonds activities. This number bonds kindergarten, and first grade math is a fun way to figure out what number is missing as you add two numbers to make a new larger number. This is fun addition practice and subtraction practice for students. To try this number bond activity, simply download pdf file with free number bond printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Number bonds activities
Whether you use Singapore Math or are just working to improve your child’s understanding of how two numbers together make up a new bigger number – number bonds are a great way to teach addition and subtraction. This spring math activity for kindergartners and grade 1 students is a great way to help children improve their understanding of how numbers together make a new number. This number bonds activity has a fun flower theme to keep kids engaged and having fun while learning math.
Number Bond Printable
Number bond activities
Here is a great way for your Kindergarten and first grade student to practice number bonds and make 10. This activity is great for kids to practice addition and subtraction.
Number bonds to 20
Just print, laminate, and cut apart individual flower “stalks”. Using a dry erase marker have your child fill in the leaves to make the number bonds.
This activity can be used again and again to help your child achieve proficiency.
Number Bond Example:
For example on the 18 flower. What plus 9 will give you 18? Continue counting up from 9 – 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18. You counted 9 more numbers so you’d write a 9 on the opposite leaf. Now work on the pair of leaves with a 14 What plus 14 will give you 18.
Use numbers up through 10 for Kindergarten (or farther if your child is ready) and 11-32 for your 1st grader.
Number Bond Printables
Lookign for more number bond activities for kids? Check out these fun, free resources:
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheet
- Glue Number Bonds to 10
- Flower Number Bonds to 20
- Acorn Number Bonds Worksheets
- Free Printable Number Bond Games
- Hands-on Apple Number Bonds
- Fun Ice Cream Number Bonds to 10 Activities
- Printable Apple Number Bond Activities
- Fishing Number Bonds to 10 Craft (free printable)
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Free Printable Pumpkin Sum Game
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Flower Number Bonds Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!