Today we are sharing a pretty and fun flower craft preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. This Spring craft for preschoolers is a fun process art with so many possibilities! This flower craft ideas is simple, yet has a beautiful result of colorful flowers that pop out from the page. Kids can paint as the please, and then use that painting to cut flower shapes from, and glue them onto a paper to make a gorgeous floral scene.
Flower craft preschool
This stunningly beautiful Painted Flower Craft for Kids is super easy to make. This pretty flowers craft ideas is sure to be a hit with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. This is a fun summer craft for preschoolers uses construction paper and paint for a truly unique and fun-to-make flower project for kids!
All you need to make this flower making craft are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- Construction paper in the following colors: white, blue, green, yellow
- colorful paint
Flower crafts for preschoolers
First, use a few different colors of paint to paint a piece of white construction paper however you’d like. Have fun with this, it doesn’t need to be perfect! It’s fun to overlap or mix colors, or even do finger-painting instead of using a paintbrush.
Let the paint dry completely. It’s OK if the edges of the paper curl a bit while drying.
Preschool flower crafts
Next it’s time to cut flower shapes from the colorful painted paper. To do this, you can draw flower shapes on the back and cut them out, or you can trace a template. A great template to use for the flowers is the free printable flowers from our Mother’s Day Flower Craft. So feel free to grab that free printable if you’d like to use a template instead of drawing your own flowers. Or if you are feeling lazy, use this flower punch.
Flower art and craft for preschool
After cutting out the flower shapes, it’s time to cut flower centers and stems. Cut circles from yellow paper (small enough to fit in the center). If using the template linked above, there are circles included there as well.
Also cut strips of green paper in varying lengths. These will be the stems.
Flower Craft for Kids
Now it’s time to glue the stems, flowers, and flower centers to the paper.
First, glue the stems down, starting from the bottom of the paper. For stems that almost reach the top of the paper, be sure to trim them to leave enough room to glue down the flowers.
Flower crafts for toddlers
Next, add dots of glue to the tops of the stems, and glue the flowers down to the tops of them stems, just at the center. This will allow the petals to “pop up” and look like the are 3D.
Flower crafts for kids
Next, glue the yellow flower centers down onto the middle of the flowers.
Flower craft Ideas
Let dry and your lovely painted flower craft will be complete!
Aren’t they beautiful?
- Color changing Capillary Action Experiment with flowers, blooming paper flowers – simple Capillary Action expeirment with flowers, Simple Capillary action experiment with flowers, or color changing flower expeirment worksheet
- Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets, counting seeds sunflower math activities, or this paper plate Sunflower craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft for kids, Fork art yellow Dandelion craft, or seeded dandellion craft, pretty zinnia fingerprint flower preschool, paper van gogh sunflowers for kids craft, purple Delphinium egg carton flowers, easy letter f handprint craft, or lacing flower craft
- Lots of Plant Activities for Kindergarten and grow a crystal flower science activities for preschoolers
- Build a Flower Digraph Worksheets alternative or rhyming flower cvc words
- Chromatography Flowers project for children or simple baking soda flower activity for preschoolers
- Flower telling timeworksheets pdf free, free printable sticker counting flower math activites for preschoolers, number names flower puzzle printable, printable shape flower craft, or shape flower playdough mats
- Spin Art Flower Craft Preschool, simply bow hyacinth flower craft, egg carton tulip craft,
- Try our free printable Flower Scavenger Hunt or US state flowers activity
- Flower Parts of a Plant Flipbook or this easy jello pollination experiment
- Build fraction flowers activity or this part puzzle / worksheet flower fractions practice
- Stuning pasta flower craft, or flower pasta mosaic art, petty painted flower craft preschool, beautiful egg carton flowers, Lacing Craft with free cut out flower template
- Flower sight words game for 1st graders or flower sight word maze for kindergartners
- Flower Alphabet Matching printable puzzles, hands-on build a flower beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
- Free Printable Flower Worksheets, flower activity sheets for pre-k and kindergarten, or kindergarten flower counting worksheet
- Letter Matching Sunflower Alphabet Letters or ABC flower dot marker printable
- Printable Flower Name Craft or over 100 flower craft preschool and up
- See our themed flowers activities for preschoolers or a huge list of flower activities for preschoolers and kindergartners you can add to your lesson plan
- Don’t miss our flower books for preschoolers
- See all our flowers for kids free printables and activity ideas
Crafts Ideas for Kids
Looking for more craft projects for kids? Check out these fun ideas!
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft, gorgoue turkey craft, clever spider craftivity, puffy paint pumpkin crafts, stunning corn art projects, yarn wrapped leaf crafts for preschoolers, paper plate apple crafts, mixed medium apple art preschool, gorgeous pasta butterfly craft, or fun puffy paint ice cream craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts, lots of cute preschool apple crafts, and easy tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Fish craft template, Elephant Craft Bookmark, Painted Flower Craft Preschool, or Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make, rocket space craft for kids
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft, name craft template for camping crafts for preschoolers
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft, cute sun craft preschool, outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft, Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away, Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts, Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids, fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Spectacular tissue paper fireworks craft, shaving cream butterfly craft, pretty pasta flowers,
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids, check out these toilet paper roll crafts, try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Beautiful leaf crafts for preschoolers, clever Fall Crafts for Kids, silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts, Letter Crafts sorted A-Z, or free printable alphabet crafts
- Hyacinth flower spring crafts, pasta mosaic art, st patricks day art with free template, Dr Seuss thing 1 and thing 2 handprint craft
- Fork paintd snowy owl craft, bubble wrap umbrella craft preschool, wreath printable easter crafts, or turkey hat craft
- See craft ideas by month