Today we are sharing a pretty and fun craft for Spring or Summer! This Painted Flower Craft for Kids is simple, yet has a beautiful result of colorful flowers that pop out from the page. Kids can paint as the please, and then use that painting to cut flower shapes from, and glue them onto a paper to make a gorgeous floral scene.
This stunningly beautiful Painted Flower Craft for Kids is easy to make. It is sure to be one of your favorite springs crafts you make.
- Construction paper in the following colors: white, blue, green, yellow
- colorful paint
First, use a few different colors of paint to paint a piece of white construction paper however you’d like. Have fun with this, it doesn’t need to be perfect! It’s fun to overlap or mix colors, or even do finger-painting instead of using a paintbrush.
Let the paint dry completely. It’s OK if the edges of the paper curl a bit while drying.
Flower Crafts Ideas
Next it’s time to cut flower shapes from the colorful painted paper. To do this, you can draw flower shapes on the back and cut them out, or you can trace a template. A great template to use for the flowers is the free printable flowers from our Mother’s Day Flower Craft. So feel free to grab that free printable if you’d like to use a template instead of drawing your own flowers.
Or if you are feeling lazy, use this flower punch.
After cutting out the flower shapes, it’s time to cut flower centers and stems. Cut circles from yellow paper (small enough to fit in the center). If using the template linked above, there are circles included there as well.
Also cut strips of green paper in varying lengths. These will be the stems.
Now it’s time to glue the stems, flowers, and flower centers to the paper.
First, glue the stems down, starting from the bottom of the paper. For stems that almost reach the top of the paper, be sure to trim them to leave enough room to glue down the flowers.
Next, add dots of glue to the tops of the stems, and glue the flowers down to the tops of them stems, just at the center. This will allow the petals to “pop up” and look like the are 3D.
Next, glue the yellow flower centers down onto the middle of the flowers.
Let dry and your lovely painted flower craft will be complete!
Aren’t they beautiful?
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners