Today we are sharing a pretty and fun flower craft preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. This Spring craft for preschoolers is a fun process art with so many possibilities! This flower craft ideas is simple, yet has a beautiful result of colorful flowers that pop out from the page. Kids can paint as the please, and then use that painting to cut flower shapes from, and glue them onto a paper to make a gorgeous floral scene.
Flower craft preschool
This stunningly beautiful Painted Flower Craft for Kids is super easy to make. This pretty flowers craft ideas is sure to be a hit with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. This is a fun summer craft for preschoolers uses construction paper and paint for a truly unique and fun-to-make flower project for kids!
All you need to make this flower making craft are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- Construction paper in the following colors: white, blue, green, yellow
- colorful paint
Flower crafts for preschoolers
First, use a few different colors of paint to paint a piece of white construction paper however you’d like. Have fun with this, it doesn’t need to be perfect! It’s fun to overlap or mix colors, or even do finger-painting instead of using a paintbrush.
Let the paint dry completely. It’s OK if the edges of the paper curl a bit while drying.
Preschool flower crafts
Next it’s time to cut flower shapes from the colorful painted paper. To do this, you can draw flower shapes on the back and cut them out, or you can trace a template. A great template to use for the flowers is the free printable flowers from our Mother’s Day Flower Craft. So feel free to grab that free printable if you’d like to use a template instead of drawing your own flowers. Or if you are feeling lazy, use this flower punch.
Flower art and craft for preschool
After cutting out the flower shapes, it’s time to cut flower centers and stems. Cut circles from yellow paper (small enough to fit in the center). If using the template linked above, there are circles included there as well.
Also cut strips of green paper in varying lengths. These will be the stems.
Flower Craft for Kids
Now it’s time to glue the stems, flowers, and flower centers to the paper.
First, glue the stems down, starting from the bottom of the paper. For stems that almost reach the top of the paper, be sure to trim them to leave enough room to glue down the flowers.
Flower crafts for toddlers
Next, add dots of glue to the tops of the stems, and glue the flowers down to the tops of them stems, just at the center. This will allow the petals to “pop up” and look like the are 3D.
Flower crafts for kids
Next, glue the yellow flower centers down onto the middle of the flowers.
Flower craft Ideas
Let dry and your lovely painted flower craft will be complete!
Aren’t they beautiful?
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Flower Science Experiments
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- EASY Color Changing Flowers experiment for kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts