Today we are sharing a pretty and fun craft for Spring or Summer! This Painted Flower Craft for Kids is simple, yet has a beautiful result of colorful flowers that pop out from the page. Kids can paint as the please, and then use that painting to cut flower shapes from, and glue them onto a paper to make a gorgeous floral scene.
This stunningly beautiful Painted Flower Craft for Kids is easy to make. It is sure to be one of your favorite springs crafts you make.
- Construction paper in the following colors: white, blue, green, yellow
- colorful paint
First, use a few different colors of paint to paint a piece of white construction paper however you’d like. Have fun with this, it doesn’t need to be perfect! It’s fun to overlap or mix colors, or even do finger-painting instead of using a paintbrush.
Let the paint dry completely. It’s OK if the edges of the paper curl a bit while drying.
Flower Crafts Ideas
Next it’s time to cut flower shapes from the colorful painted paper. To do this, you can draw flower shapes on the back and cut them out, or you can trace a template. A great template to use for the flowers is the free printable flowers from our Mother’s Day Flower Craft. So feel free to grab that free printable if you’d like to use a template instead of drawing your own flowers.
Or if you are feeling lazy, use this flower punch.
After cutting out the flower shapes, it’s time to cut flower centers and stems. Cut circles from yellow paper (small enough to fit in the center). If using the template linked above, there are circles included there as well.
Also cut strips of green paper in varying lengths. These will be the stems.
Now it’s time to glue the stems, flowers, and flower centers to the paper.
First, glue the stems down, starting from the bottom of the paper. For stems that almost reach the top of the paper, be sure to trim them to leave enough room to glue down the flowers.
Next, add dots of glue to the tops of the stems, and glue the flowers down to the tops of them stems, just at the center. This will allow the petals to “pop up” and look like the are 3D.
Next, glue the yellow flower centers down onto the middle of the flowers.
Let dry and your lovely painted flower craft will be complete!
Aren’t they beautiful?
More Flower Crafts and Activities
- Flower Chromatography – These beautiful chromatography flower craft combines science and beauty for a truly unique spring craft for kids
- Spin Art Flower Craft – This spin art flower craft is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Craft – bright and cheery sunflower flower craft is simple to make
- Week Long Flower Unit Study – spend a week diving into flower with tons of math, literacy, science, and craft projects for K-6th graders
- Free Flower Sight Words Game – practice sight words with this free printable sight word board game
- Painting with Flowers – this project changes things up, instead of making flowers you will use flower to make something new
- Plant a Number Line Math – kids will use these simple flower craft to practice counting, skip counting, and even/odd numbers too
- Felt Board Flower Craft – simple flower project using felt flowers