Nothing says spring and summer like pretty flowers! These happy flower craft for kids project is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. They will love recycling materials to make egg carton flowers. This flower craft preschool is such a quick, easy flower craft that makes such cheerful flowers.
Egg Carton Flowers
Flowers are such a beautiful part of spring and summer. Not only do they smell wonderful, but they are incredibly diverse! Flowers come in lots of different colors, shapes, and sizes! That is true of both flowers and humans! Isn’t that neat? Crafting this egg carton flower craft is a great way to learn about the different parts of a flower and to express your creativity! This spring craft for kids is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. The possiblities are endless making these summer crafts for preschoolers. Read on to learn about how you can make these very happy egg carton flowers!
Egg Carton Flower Craft
To make your egg carton flowers, you will need the following materials:
- Egg cartons
- White acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Green pipe cleaners
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
- Black Pen or Sharpie
- Googly eyes
Or paint your own eyes with these materials:
- Black and white paint
- An unsharpened pencil
- A small dowel or kitchen utensil with a small, round, and flat end
Flower Craft for Kids
To make your egg carton flowers:
- Cut each individual “egg cup” or egg section from the egg carton apart. (Styrofoam egg cartons are not recommended for this project.)
- Flatten each piece and cut down the middle to create a V shape.
- Glue two individual pieces together, rotating the petals to create a flower shape.
- Paint the flowers white. Let dry.
- Cut out small circles from your cardstock to create the faces.
- Use googly eyes or create your own eyes with objects around the house!
Easy Flower Craft
To create your own eyes:
- Use the larger of the two flat, round objects to create the whites of the eyes. Simply dip in white paint and apply to the cardstock.
- Once the white has dried, dip the smaller, round object in black paint and add to the dried white circles. See picture.
- Use a pen to outline the upper eye and add eyelashes!
- Continue making the face with your pen. Add a smile and round circles for the cheeks.
- Make a small circle at the top of one of the green pipe cleaners. Twist the end to keep the circle intact. This is your stem.
- Add another pipe cleaner, perpendicular across the middle of the “stem”. Bend each side in towards the stem to create leaves. Twist the ends around to keep it stable.
- Once all your pieces have dried, assemble the flower. Glue the egg carton to the circle at the top of the stem. Glue the face into the flower! Viola! Enjoy your adorable flowers!
Flower Craft Preschool
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Flower Science Experiments
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- EASY Color Changing Flowers experiment for kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills