Study flowers with this delightful week-long flower theme. Just pick your favorite books and educational activities to have a fabulous week learning with your kids!
Books to Read
Choose from two different options for using books in your unit study about flowers:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Don’t worry about your children getting bored as kids love repetition!
Day 1- Flower Language Arts Activities
Create a Flower Parts Flip Book with your kids!
- Flower Garden Name Game
- Improve fine motor skills with Flower Pin Punching
- Or these Flower Fine Motor Activities
- Bookmark Craft for Kids Using Pressed Flowers and Leaves
- Flower and Gardening Fun Literature and Craft Round Up
- Inspiring Children’s Books about Flowers
- Letter Recognition Flowers
- Alphabet Tulips Match and Color Preschool Printable
- Spring Flowers Sight Word Game
Day 2 – Flower Math Activities
Pick a couple of these fun math activities to enjoy with your kids!
- Spring Flower Roll and Color Math Games
- Free Printable Flower Theme Number Cards
- Flower Size Sorting Printables
- Flower Repeated Addition Worksheets
- Muffin Tin Monday: Springy Patterns
- Garden Flower Ten Frame
- Easy Preschool Math with Flowers
- Plant a Number Line Math Game
Day 3 – Flower Art or Craft Projects
Check out these fun flower arts and crafts to do with your kids!
- Homemade Flower Crafts for Kids
- Sticky Flower Garden Sensory Art for Kids
- Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Flower Play Dough Invitation
- Coffee Filter Flower Craft
- Cupcake Liner Flower Craft for Kids
- How to Make an Animated Paper Plate Flower Craft for Kids
- Painting with Flowers: Nature Art for Kids
- Simple Cardboard Tube Flower Craft
- Simple Sunflower Craft
- Bubble Paint Flowers Craft for Kids
- Dandelion Wishes Spring Flower Keyrings
- Fork Tulips – Painting Crafts for Kids
- Paper Watercolor Flowers Craft for Kids
- How to Make Egg Carton Flowers
- Tissue Paper and Cardboard Tube Flower Craft for Kids
- Bluebells Egg Carton Flower Craft for Kids
- Sunflower Egg Carton Craft for Kids
- Kids Paint Splatter Art Activity Flower Craft
- Flowers on a Watercolor Background
- Unique Paper Vase and Flower Craft for Kids
- Textured Tissue Paper Flowers
- Colorful Watercolor Resist Flowers
- “Fruit and Veggie” Flower Gardens
- Handprint Flowers
- Toilet Paper Roll Flowers Craft
- Hyper Colorful Painted Paper Plate Flowers
- Step-By-Step Instructions For Making Beautiful Ribbon Flowers
- Poppy Flower Craft for Kids
- Flower Basket Paper Weaving
- Soup Can Flower Pots
- Painting Spring Flowers with Celery
Challenge your older kids to make these Tissue Paper Flower Bracelet Craft for Kids!
Day 4 – Flower Science Experiments
Check out these 20 STEM activities with your kids or try one of the experiments below!
- Easy Flower Science Activities for Preschool and Kindergarten
- The Best Parts of a Flower Craft for Kids
- 6 YouTube Videos About Life Cycle of a Flower
- Montessori Flowers 3 Part Cards
- Free Printable Flower Flashcards
- Flower Dissection: Science for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Science: Color Changing Flowers Experiment
- Flower Exploration Center: Sensory, Science, and Art for Spring!
- Parts of a Flower Sunflower Craft
- Montessori Nature Tray with Magnification and Flower Arranging
- Free Montessori Classification Cards – Insects vs Flowers
- Sunflower Life Cycle Notebooking Pages
- Transport in Plants
- Investigate Flowers on a Light Table
- Spring Flowers Chromatography Science Project
And if you’re looking for a fascinating science activity for your older kids, learn to build a circuit flower!
Day 5 – Flower Social Studies and Fun!
- Easy Spring Flowers Sensory Play & Kindness Activity Kids Love
- Make an indoor flower garden with Flower Garden Play Dough!
- Flower Petal Sensory Play
- Homemade Pressed Flower Vase/Pencil Holder Gfit for Teacher or Mom
- How did Texas get such great bluebonnets every spring?
- Montessori Flower Arranging with Many Practical Life Skills
- Hand Print Lilies for Mother’s Day
- Fingerprint Flower Bag for a Kid-Made Mother’s Day Gift
- 3D Paper Tulip Card – Simple Mother’s Day Gift