Study flowers with this delightful week-long flower theme. Just pick your favorite flower activities, flower crafts, books and educational flower worksheets to have a fabulous flower unit learning with your kids! Use this flower theme preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students during the spring in March, April or May. If you prefer, use these plant activities for preschool as an engaging summer learning lesson in June and July!
Flower Lesson Plan
Themes are a great way to make learning fun and keep kids engaged as they learn math, grammar, reading, writing, science, history, and crafts with a fun theme. This flower theme is a great way to teach preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students a variety of math and literacy while having fun!
This flower unit is filled with flower literacy, flower math, engaging flower activities for kids, free flower printables, and lots of easy flower craft ideas!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, if you are looking for flower activities for toddlers, ideas for learning about flowers for preschoolers, flower lesson plans for kindergarten, or flower activities for elementary students, this list has so many fun ideas to try. Choose your favorite flower activities for kids and use these ideas at home, in the classroom, or as a supplement to your coop or homeschool lessons.
These fun, education, flower themed literacy ideas are perfect for a spring theme. Make learning fun this April and May with these great flower literacy resources.
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Practice rhyming words with these super cute, free printable worksheets.
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching Printable Puzzles from Kindergarten Worksheets andGames.
This free printable alphabet puzzle is perfect for a flower theme.
- Fun Flower Mazes Printable Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets andGames.
Practice sight words with these fun, flower themed, sight word mazeprintables.
- Flower Letter Matching Printable from Preschool Play and Learn.
Practice upper and lowercase letter matching while having fun with this spring activity for preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Alphabet Flower Activity for Preschoolers from Preschool Play and Learn.
Help kids practice alphabet matching letters from A to Z with this super cute spring flower printable.
- Spring Flower Sight Word Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make practicing sight words fun with this free printable spring flower sight word game for kindergarten and 1st grade students.
- Flower Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kindergarten and first grade students will love this super cute, flower themed match the rhyming words activity.
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This free printable flowers rhyming word activity is perfect for kindergarten and first grade students.
- Word Family Flower Cut and Paste Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Practice word families with these super cute, cut and paste, word family worksheets
- Free Printable Flower Flashcards from Look We’re Learning.
This set of flower cards is great for learning the names of all kinds of flowers.
- Sunflower Life Cycle Notebooking Pages from In all You do.
Use these free printable note booking pages to write all about sunflowers.
- Spring Letter Search Activity from ABCs of Literacy.
This free printable flower activity is a great way to work on learning letters.
- CVC Word Building Strips from Fun Learning For Kids.
Practice spelling CVC words with this fun flower themed printable.
These flower themed math activities are sure to get kids excited about math! Try a couple of these fun flower math activities, and plant
activities for preschoolers, kindergarten and elementary ages kids.
- Spring Flower Roll and Color Math Games from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Practice math skills in a fun hands-on way with this free printable.
- Flower Number Bonds Math Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Figure out what number is missing with this fun printable math activity.
- Free Printable Flower Theme Number Cards from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Use these flower number cards in a variety of ways to reinforce early number sense skills.
- Flower Size Sorting Printables from Look We’re Learning.
Practice size differentiation with this fun activity.
- Flower Number Towers from Fun Learning For Kids.
Work on number recognition, one-to-one correspondence, addition, & counting skills with this flower math activity
- Flower Repeated Addition Worksheets from Look We’re Learning.
These flower addition worksheets are perfect for early grades!
- Muffin Tin Monday: Springy Patterns from Tots and Me.
Turn lunch into a spring themed patterning activity.
- Garden Flower Ten Frame from Rainy Day Mum.
Use this hands-on activity to work on number bonds and counting to 10 using a DIY ten frame.
- Easy Preschool Math with Flowers from Teaching 2 and 3 year olds.
Make counting fun with this spring themed, flower math activity.
- Flower Name of Number Puzzles from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Work on learning number words with this fun free printable.
- Flower Missing Numbers Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will have fun figuring out what numbers are missing as they count and skip count through the spring flowers
- Sunflower Seed Counting Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This cute, hands-on counting activity is a great way for students to practice counting to 10!
- Flower Skip Counting Mats from Three Dinosaurs.
Practice skip counting with this fun printable.
- Spring Flowers Math Game from Taming Little Monsters.
Practice counting, simple addition, taking turns, and more with this printable game.
Check out these 20 Flower STEM activities with your kids or try one of the fun flower science experiments below!
- Grow Crystal Flowers Experiment from Preschool Play and Learn.
Grow some gorgeous blooms with this fun flower science project.
- Chromatography for Kids Flower Science from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make these beautiful chromatography flowers using coffee filters and markers.
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment from Preschool Play and Learn.
The kids will be amazed by this super cool capillary action experiment.
- Parts of a Flower Craft for Kids from Natural beach Living.
Learn about the parts of a flower with this fun craft.
- 6 YouTube Videos About Life Cycle of a Flower from iGame Mom,
To supplement your flower science activities check out these fun YouTube videos.
- Montessori Flowers 3 Part Cards from Welcome to Mommyhood.
This great printable set of cards will help your kids learn all about flowers.
- Flower Dissection: Science for Kindergarten from STEAMsational.
This flower dissection lesson plan is perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
- Flower Exploration Center: Sensory, Science, and Art for Spring from Buggy and Buddy.
This is a great hands-on science and sensory activity for kids.
- Montessori Nature Tray with Magnification and Flower Arranging from Living Montessori Now.
This nature tray activity is easy to put together and offers lots of opportunities for learning about flowers.
- Free Montessori Classification Cards – Insects vs Flowers from Welcome to Mommyhood.
Use these printable cards to learn about classifying flowers and insects.
- Transport in Plants from Science Sparks.
Learn all about capillary action in plants and flowers with these activities.
- Investigate Flowers on a Light Table from Mommy Evolution.
Use a light table to explore and investigate all kinds of flowers.
- How to build a circuit flower from STEAM Powered Family.
Combine learning about electricity and flowers with this fun activity.
- Easy Bee Pollination Experiment from Preschool Play and Learn.
Learn how bees pollinate flowers with this fun jello science experiment.
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn about the impact of pollution and the importance of protecting our environment with this flower experiment.
- Seeds and Plants Unit for Kindergarten from 1213 Homeschool for Me.
This plant science unit is full of lots of great hands on activities and ideas.
- Easy Color Changing Flowers Experiment for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This cool flower science experiment is almost magical!
We have found so many really pretty flower art and craft for preschool and elementary age students. Check out these fun flower arts and crafts to do with your kids!
- Simple Paper Plate Sunflower Crafts from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This easy flower craft makes gorgeous bright and cheer sunflowers!
- Dandelion Flower Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
Preschoolers and older kids will love making this unique flower craft.
- Happy Egg Carton Flower Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These happy egg carton flowers are sure to put a smile on everyone’s faces!
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This flower craft is a great fine motor activity and makes a lovely card or gift.
- Mosaic Pasta Flower Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Who knew pasta and clay could combine to make such gorgeous flower art!?!
- Sticky Flower Garden Sensory Art from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Create your own unique sticky flower garden art.
- 10 + Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is such an interesting flower craft to try with amazingly beautiful results.
- Coffee Filter Flower Craft from Look We’re Learning.
Everyone will love making these simple coffee filter flowers.
- Cupcake Liner Flower Craft for Kids from The Art Kit Blog.
Make this adorable flower craft from cupcake liners.
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make some gorgeous cherry blossom trees, perfect for celebrating spring!
- Hyacinth Flower Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
These gorgeous spring flowers are easy to make and look amazing.
- How to Make an Animated Paper Plate Flower Craft for Kids from The Art Kit Blog.
This moving flower craft is so fun!
- Simple Cardboard Tube Flower Craft from My Joy Filled Life.
Make these simple flowers out of some construction paper and empty toilet paper rolls.
- Dandelion flower craft project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids of all ages will have fun creating this iconic spring and summer flower.
- Bubble Paint Flowers Craft for Kids from My Joy Filled Live.
Have fun making these gorgeous bubble painted hydrangeas.
- Dandelion Wishes Spring Flower Key-rings from Thimble and Twig.
This flower craft would make a love gift for Mother’s Day.
- Fork Tulips Painting Craft from Growing up Gabel.
Try this fun printing technique to make gorgeous tulips.
- Tissue Paper and Cardboard Tube Flower Craft from Buggy and Buddy.
This is a bright and cheerful flower craft for kids using tissue paper and a cardboard tube.
- Paint flower craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This painted flower craft is fun to make and perfect for preschoolers and older kids.
- Bluebells Egg Carton Flower Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy.
Transform egg cartons into a bright and cheerful bluebell flowers.
- Spin Art Flower Craft for kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This cool flower craft is almost as beautiful to look at as they are fun to make
- Sunflower Egg Carton Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy.
Turn egg cartons into happy little sunflowers!
- Paint with Flowers Activity from 123 Homeschool for Me.
This fun activity changes things up and uses flowers to paint with!
- Paper Vase and Flower Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy.
This flower craft for kids is perfect for spring or Mother’s Day!
- Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flower Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make this gorgeous purple hollyhock flower with your kids.
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
Kids will love making this bright and colorful summer flower craft.
- Fruit and Veggie Printed Flower Gardens from Tots and Me.
Print your own flower garden with this fun craft idea.
- Handprint Flowers from The Best Ideas for Kids.
Turn little hands into gorgeous flowers.
- Flower suncatcher craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Your windows will look gorgeous filled with these flower sun catchers.
- Toilet Paper Roll Flowers Craft from The Best Ideas for Kids.
Make a garden full of flowers with this fun craft idea.
- Hyper Colorful Painted Paper Plate Flowers from Pink Stripey Socks.
These stunning flowers would look amazing displayed in your home or classroom.
- Flower Basket Paper Weaving from Red Ted Art.
Use the free printable template to make this gorgeous flower craft.
- Soup Can Flower Pots from Wunder Mum.
Kids of all ages will love decorating these tin can flower pots.
- Poppy craft for kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make this pretty red poppy craft with your kids.
- 3D Paper Tulip Card from Easy Peasy Fun.
Make this cool #D card for Mother’s Day.
- Handprint Spring Flower Art Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This flower craft is so pretty and such a fun way to celebrate the arrival of spring!
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flower Craft for Kids from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Start saving egg cartons to make these gorgeous delphiniums!
- Hand Print Lilies from The Gingerbread House.
This lovely craft makes a great gift for Mother’s Day.
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
If you are looking for even more flower crafts this list has ideas for every letter of the alphabet.
Flower activities for preschoolers
These flower theme activities for preschoolers are super fun and and perfect for little hands and minds!
- Flower Play Dough Invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Grab some playdough and set up this fun flower activity for your preschoolers.
- Free Printable Flower Shape Craft from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will have fun making this flower craft and learning all about shapes.
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a great hands on activity for practicing counting.
- Plant a Number Line Math Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This hands on counting activity is perfect for preschoolers.
- Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers from Preschool Play and Learn.
This free printable flower math game is a super fun way to practice math skills.
- Free Printable Name Flower Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
This super cute flower craft printable is a fun way to help kids learn their names.
- Flower Garden Name Game from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Practice recognizing and learning your name with this fun preschool flower activity.
- Flower Fine Motor Activitiesfrom Your Therapy Source.
These simple flower activities are perfect for working on fine motor skills.
- Tracing Numbers Printable Flower Activity from 123 Homeschool for me.
Trace numbers to 30 with this free printable worksheet.
- Count to 10 Flower Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
Have making playdough flowers while working on early math skills.
- Montessori Flower Arranging from Living Montessori Now. This simple hands-on
flower activity teaches so many important life skills.
- Flower Petal Sensory Play from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Add some flower petals to your water play for this fun sensory activity.
- Flower Crown from The Craft Train.
Preschoolers will have fun collecting flowers to make this simple crown.
- Flower Tinker Trays Activity from Team Cartwright.
Try making flowers with some of these interesting materials.
Flower activities for Kindergarten
Kindergarteners will love these fun flower themed learning activities.
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This set of free printables will have kids learning all about growing plants and flowers.
- Flower Pin Punching from Welcome to Mommyhood.
Work on fine motor skills with this fun flower activity.
- Bookmark Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy.
Use pressed flowers and leaves to make these lovely bookmarks.
- Letter Recognition Flowers from Rainy Day Mum.
Work on letter recognition with this fun flower themed learning activity.
- Alphabet Tulips Match and Color Printable from School Time Snippets.Practice
matching uppercase and lowercase letters with this adorable spring matching printable!
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
This is a great hands on activity for learning about shapes.
- The Legend of the Bluebonnet Craft and Writing Activity from Adventures in Mommydom.
Learn all about how Texas gets such gorgeous bluebonnet flowers every spring.
- Easy Spring Sensory Play and Kindness Activity from Natural Beach Living.
Have fun making a kindness potion from spring flowers.
- Kindness Flowers from Coffee and Carpool.
These kindness flowers activities to teach social emotional learning in a fun, hands-on way.
Flower Activities for Elementary Students
These fun flower themed activities for elementary students will keep them busy learning all spring and summer.
- Number Bonds Flower Math from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Help kids practice making number bonds with this super cute printable activity.
- Fraction Flowers Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will have fun practicing fractions with these super cute free printable flower worksheets.
- How to Make Ribbon Flowers from Steam Powered Family.
This clever craft is a great project for elementary ages kids to try.
- Tissue Paper Flower Bracelet Craft for Kids! from Buggy and Buddy.
This is a great craft to challenge the skills of older kids.
- Flower Kindness Craft from Coffee and Carpool.
This flower kindness craft is a great way to show friends they are loved and to spread more kindness.
- Flower Subtraction Task Cards from Three Dinosaurs
Practice subtraction skills with this flower themed printable activity.
- Nature Mandalas from Rediscovered Families.
Collect some flowers and natural materials and try your hand at making mandalas.
- Sunflower Life Cycle Mini Coloring Book from Simple Fun for Kids.
The kids will have fun making and coloring this mini book about sunflowers.
- How to Draw a Flower from Kids Activities Blog.
Challenge your kids to follow these step by step instructions to draw some flowers.
- DIY Sunflower Clay Bowls from Red Ted Art.
The kids will love working with air dry clay to make this flower bowl.
Flower Books for Kids
Here are 8 excellent books about flowers to enjoy with your kids:
- Planting a Rainbow
Learn the colors of the rainbow as you watch a plants and flowers grow in this beautifully book.
- The Tiny Seed
The life cycle of a flower is told through the adventures of a tiny seed in this classic Eric Carle story.
- Flower Garden
This is the story of of a little girl and her father and how they make a wonderful birthday surprise for mom: a window box flower garden.
This nonfiction book introduces the science of flowers, including information on how flowers grow, parts of a flower, and their uses.
- The Flower Alphabet Book
Learn about a new flower for every letter of the alphabet.
- Kitty the Cat Plants a Flower Garden
Join Kitty the Cat as she plants flowers in the garden with her Mom.
- Zinnia’s Flower Garden
This lovely story is all about Zinnia planting a flower garden.
- Ultimate Explorer Field Guide: Wildflowers
Get the kids outside looking for all different kinds of flowers with this fun and informative book.
- Color changing Capillary Action Experiment with flowers, blooming paper flowers – simple Capillary Action expeirment with flowers, Simple Capillary action experiment with flowers, or color changing flower expeirment worksheet
- Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets, counting seeds sunflower math activities, or this paper plate Sunflower craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft for kids, Fork art yellow Dandelion craft, or seeded dandellion craft, pretty zinnia fingerprint flower preschool, paper van gogh sunflowers for kids craft, purple Delphinium egg carton flowers, easy letter f handprint craft, or lacing flower craft
- Lots of Plant Activities for Kindergarten and grow a crystal flower science activities for preschoolers
- Build a Flower Digraph Worksheets alternative or rhyming flower cvc words
- Chromatography Flowers project for children or simple baking soda flower activity for preschoolers
- Flower telling timeworksheets pdf free, free printable sticker counting flower math activites for preschoolers, number names flower puzzle printable, printable shape flower craft, or shape flower playdough mats
- Spin Art Flower Craft Preschool, simply bow hyacinth flower craft, egg carton tulip craft,
- Try our free printable Flower Scavenger Hunt or US state flowers activity
- Flower Parts of a Plant Flipbook or this easy jello pollination experiment
- Build fraction flowers activity or this part puzzle / worksheet flower fractions practice
- Stuning pasta flower craft, or flower pasta mosaic art, petty painted flower craft preschool, beautiful egg carton flowers, Lacing Craft with free cut out flower template
- Flower sight words game for 1st graders or flower sight word maze for kindergartners
- Flower Alphabet Matching printable puzzles, hands-on build a flower beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
- Free Printable Flower Worksheets, flower activity sheets for pre-k and kindergarten, or kindergarten flower counting worksheet
- Letter Matching Sunflower Alphabet Letters or ABC flower dot marker printable
- Printable Flower Name Craft or over 100 flower craft preschool and up
- See our themed flowers activities for preschoolers or a huge list of flower activities for preschoolers and kindergartners you can add to your lesson plan
- Don’t miss our flower books for preschoolers
- See all our flowers for kids free printables and activity ideas
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our theme of the week ideas here or explore our preschool themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.
Lots of fun ideas for your flower theme inlcuding math, literacy worksheets, science experiments, crafts, activities, and more for spring!