Learn all about farms with this delightful week-long, educational farm theme. Pick your favorite farm activities including farm math, farm literacy printables, farm science projects, farm social studies ideas, and farm crafts to have a marvelous week learning with your kids! This life on the farm theme is filled with barnyard animals is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. You will love all the free farm printables and free printable farm worksheets in this farm theme preschool.
Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O! It’s time to learn about life on the farm with this super cute farm theme filled with preschool farm activities! This preschool farm theme is fun for a variety of students from preschoolers to kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students too. We have so many fun ideas for farm science experiments, farm animal math, farm alphabet, free farm printables and more. So whether you are looking for a social studies activities for preschoolers about farm animals or your child is fascinated by barns, tractors, harvesting crops, or all the cute animals like horses, cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and sheep – these creative ideas are sure to make learning fun and keep your children engaged!
Farm theme preschool
We could make a whole post on just fun farm literacy activities! Check all these fun, farm themed langauge arts resources to learn alphabet letters, farm writing prompts, farm sight words, and so much more to add to your farm weekly theme!
- These farm worksheets preschool are so stinkin cute! Plus they are free! They include lots of alphabet, counting, colors, shapes, and more skills!
- Free Farm Writing Prompts – color the cute clipart picture and write on the ruled lines using the creative writing prompt
- Adorable Farm Tracing mats are a great way to practice letter tracing with early learners
- Grab this free printable sight word reading passages to color and read sight words while having fun with a farm theme!
- Farm themed ABC Order Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Sneak in some fun reading practice with these FREE Farm kindergarten sight words games
- Help children learn about making sentences with these free printable cut and paste sentence worksheets
- Printable Preschool Farm Activities
- Improve your children’s fine motor skills with farm cutting practice!
- Letter Matching Clip Cards
- Study words with these simple Montessori farm activities
- Study language arts using printables from this Farm Animal Activity pack!
- Cute Build a letter barn
- Fun Farm Animal Nursery Rhymes and Songs
- Farm Theme Literacy Sensory Tray
- Little Blue Truck Farm Animal Story Retelling
- Color, Read, and Learn with these cute Farm Printable Beginner Reading Books
- Or try these farm writing ideas for kindergarten
Whether you are learning your numbers, telling time, or working on addition and subtraction, adding cute clipart and a clever theme will make kids excited to practice math facts!
- Reveal the mystery picture as you complete these free Farm Color by Number Worksheets
- Roll a Number Farm Number Sense Activity
- Farm-Themed Preschool Counting Mats
- Color and count to 10 with these free printable Counting Farm Animals Reader
- These free Counting Animals Worksheets are fun to color, count, and practice writing numbers!
- Learn about coins and their value with this cute Farm Money Activity
- Grab your bingo daubers and practice counting and tracing numbers 1-10 with these Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Farm-Themed Number Sense Activity Pages
- Free Farm Animals Dot to Dot Worksheets
- Start by checking out these fabulous farm themed dominoes!
- Telling Time from Sunrise to Sunset STEM worksheets
- Farm Themed Number Counting Mats
- Farm Themed Count and Add Activity
- Farm Animal Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Farm Animal Sort
Farm Animals Craft
Make lots of cute farm animal crafts for kids like these windwocks, cup crafts, finger puppets, and more! In addition to pigs, sheeps, chickens, horse, and other farm animals – their are cute barn crafts as well.
- Super cute Farm coloring pages to learn about all the amazing things you will see on the farm!
- How to Make a Simple Cow Craft
- Super cute and easy-to-make G is for Goat craft
- Lots of simple, cute farm projects in this C is for Cow weekly theme
- Farm Animal Windsock Craft
- Make a Cute Paper Cow
- Toddler Farm Painting Activity
- Decorate farm animals with this simple activity!
- Old MacDonald Farm Animal Story Stones
- Free Printable Farm Animal Finger Puppets
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm Egg Decorating Ideas
- Mosaic Farm Art Activity
- Big Red Barn Art Activity
- DIY Duplo Farm Animal Puzzles
- Looking for more? No worries! We’ve got over 60 EPIC Farm Activities for Kids
There is a lot of farm science experiments for you and your child to discover with this fun weekly theme! You can explore science of growing crops, learn about farm animal life cycles, nocturnal animals, sequencing, making butter, and so much more!
- Start out with this farm animals and their babies to learn the technical terms for different animals. Did you know baby goats are also called kids?
- Learn how items go from the field to the store to your table with this fun, free printable Farm Sequencing Cards Activity
- These free sequencing worksheets are a great extension to the farm sequencing cards for older elementary students
- Explore where farm animals live with this super cute, Free Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book!
- Yet another science activity that ties in well with a farm theme is learning about seasons for kindergarten. This free printable book to color, read, and learn is such a great way to teak about seasons!
- Learn how butter is made from cow’s milk with this easy making butter science experiment
- Make a homemade balance scale and weigh chickens!
- And check out this fun Learn to Code activity!
- Science Notebook Printable – Milk Tasting
- Corn Life Cycle & Sequencing Cards
- Learn about Nocturnal animals with this free printable Farm Animals Game
- Try this Practical Engineering Challenge with Apples
- Chicken Hatching Book (and life cycle)
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner is a fun way to learn how watermelons grow
- Apple Life Cycle Worksheets helps kids practice a variety of skills while learning about the life cycle of an apple
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet is perfect for fall as kids learn about the life cycle of a pumpkin
- Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets
- Learn about the life cycle of plants with this growing plants activity with a free printable
Educational farm activities
These social studies activities for preschoolers about farm animals are sure to round out your farm theme at home or in the classroom.
- Simple Farm Sensory Play
- Join us on a trip to a historic farm for a farm fieldtrip from your computer!
- Learn how maple syrup is made with this fun fieldtrip from home
- Eidem Homestead Visit and Free 3-Part Farm Cards
- Zoo and Farm Animals for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Peek-A-Boo Farm Animals Activity
- Montessori On the Farm Printables and Activities
- While At the Farm – Children’s Song
- And check out this edible farmyard small world play!
- Farm Animal Puzzles
- Muddy Truck Edible Sensory Bin with Little Blue Truck
- Farm Life Small World Play with Schleich
- And don’t forget to take a field trip to a local farm!
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Sequencing Cards – farm to table jam, milk, bread, chocolate, eggs, and orange juice (matching sequencing worksheets)
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games
- Printable Farm CVC Words Activity
- Money Farm Worksheets
- Tractor Worksheets for practicing making alphabet letters
- Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Fun-to-Read Farm Books for Preschool
- Lots of CLEVER Farm Activities for Kids
- Farm Alphabet Mats
- Counting Farm Animals Readers
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- C is for Cow letter of the week unit with crafts, activities, and printables for kids
- Farm Writing Prompts or these On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Printable Puzzle Farm animals and their babies
- Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Life on the Farm Hidden pictures printable worksheets
- Farm Building Sentences Cut and Paste Reader
- Seasons worksheet about life on the farm
- Farm Color Sorting Printable
- Super cute Farm Coloring Pages
- Farm ABC Order Worksheets
- Free Farm Color by Number Worksheets for workign on number recognition
- Do-a-Dot NUMBERS Farm Worksheets
- Kindergarten Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Educational Farm Activities
- CUTE Preschool Farm Activities Free Worksheets to work on a variety of skills
- Huge set of Free Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Counting farm animals worksheet pages for numbers 1-10
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- HUGE Farm Animals Worksheet Pack with lots of math and literacy for early learners
- Farm themed free printable cutting activities for preschoolers
- Number Sense Puzzles – Farm Activities for Preschoolers
- Farm Animal Tracing Worksheets
- FREE Farm Animal Puppet Printables
- Farm Writing Numbers in Words Worksheets
- Simple Sentences for Kindergarten Worksheet – Farm theme
- I Spy Farm Animals Printables
- LOTs of ideas in this Farm Theme Preschool
Farm activities for preschoolers
There are two options for using books in your unit study about farms:
Pick from these 5 excellent books to learn about farms with your kids:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
Looking for more? Check out these cute farm books for preschoolers
Would you prefer to get over 100 printables in one convenient file with a lesson plan all ready for you? Check out this HUGE Farm Unit
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our weekly themes here or explore our preschool weekly themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.