Learn all about farms with this delightful week-long farm theme. Pick your favorite books and educational activities and have a marvelous week learning with your kids!
Themes are a great way to make learning fun and keep kids engaged as they learn math, grammar, reading, writing, science, history, and crafts with a fun theme. Make sure to check out all our themes that are perfect for preschool, prek, kindergarten, and elementary age kids.
Books to Read
There are two options for using books in your unit study about farms:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick from these 5 excellent books to learn about farms with your kids:
Now pick a couple fun Farm activities to complete each day!
Farm Language Arts Activities
Print this delightful free farm sight reader to read with your kids!
- Printable Preschool Farm Activities
- Farm Sight Words Reader
- C is for Cow
- Alphabet Crafts: G is for Goat
- Improve your children’s fine motor skills with farm cutting practice!
- Farm Color by Letter Activity
- Letter Matching Clip Cards
- Study words with these simple Montessori farm activities
- Study language arts using printables from this Farm Animal Activity pack!
- Build a letter barn
- Fun Farm Animal Nursery Rhymes and Songs
- Farm Theme Literacy Sensory Tray
- Little Blue Truck Farm Animal Story Retelling
Your older kids will love this creative farm writing prompt!
Farm Math Activities
Start by checking out these fabulous farm themed dominoes!
- Farm-Themed Preschool Counting Mats
- Farm-Themed Number Sense Activity Pages
- Free Farm Animals Dot to Dot Worksheets
- Farm Cutting Practice
- Farm Bingo Marker Numbers Worksheets
- Farm Color by Number
- Telling Time from Sunrise to Sunset STEM worksheets
- Farm Themed Number Counting Mats
- Farm Themed Count and Add Activity
- Farm Animal Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Farm Animal Sort
Farm Art and Craft Projects
Start your arts and crafts day with these adorable farm coloring sheets!
- How to Make a Simple Cow Craft
- Farm Animal Windsock Craft
- Make a Cute Paper Cow
- Toddler Farm Painting Activity
- Decorate farm animals with this simple activity!
- Old MacDonald Farm Animal Story Stones
- Farm Animal Printable Coloring Pages
- Printable Farm Animals Finger Puppets
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm Egg Decorating Ideas
- Learn how to make farm animal finger puppets
- Mosaic Farm Art Activity
- Big Red Bart Art Activity
Encourage your kids to make these farm animal book huggers!
Farm Science Experiments
- Science Notebook Printable – Milk Tasting
- Corn Life Cycle & Sequencing Cards
- Nocturnal Farm Animals Game
- Practical Engineering Challenge with
- Chicken Hatching Book (and life cycle)
And check out this fun Learn to Code activity!
Farm Social Studies and Fun!
- Simple Farm Sensory Play
- Eidem Homestead Visit and Free 3-Part Farm Cards
- Zoo and Farm Animals for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Peek-A-Boo Farm Animals Activity
- Are You My Mother: 13 Baby Farm Animal Puzzles
- Visiting a Historic Farm
- Montessori On the Farm Printables and Activities
- While At the Farm – Children’s Song
- And check out this edible farmyard small world play!
- Farm Animal Puzzles
- Muddy Truck Edible Sensory Bin with Little Blue Truck
- Farm Life Small World Play with Schleich
And don’t forget to take a field trip to a local farm!