Our C is for Cow week let us dive into a farm theme while learning the letter c. We did fun farm crafts, lots of hands-on farm science, literacy, games with farm printables, and fun farm animals activities for kindergarten. This farm theme is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. This is a great way to learn about life on the farm for kids while sneaking in some farm math, science, crafts, and literacy!
Cow activities for kindergarten
Children of all ages are fascinated with life on the farm! The farm is filled with big powerful tractors, fields and fields of growing crops that look like a fun maze to explore, adorable baby animals that serve a purpose, and usually a charming farm house complete with a silo and tire swing. I think all of us long for the idea of simpler times and being closer to our food source – although no one seems to miss the manure smell =) For out kindergarten farm week we included lots of farm animals activities for kindergarten to learn about a variety of farm life and farm animals while sneaking in math and liteacy too! Use this farm unit kindergarten is filled with fun ideas for preschoolers and kindergartners.
C is for Cow
This week in our letter of the week unit we are talking about life on the farm for kids. This is a great addition to a farm theme, alphabet introduction, or a variety of other uses for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers alike. The ideas and activities in our unit our geared towards toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
We went to a working historic farm & took a couple of educational classes. We learned about cows & got a chance to milk a cow by hand! We also got to observe how much faster a machine is able to milk a cow! We’ve also been to a commercial dairy farm and witnessed the cow “merry go round” as cows get on and off the hundred cow milking machine.
farm animal activities for toddlers
We got to visit other farm animals like the sheep who had recently been sheered, young pigs, and large sturdy farm horses. Plus a restored farm house from the 1930s.
farm activities for kindergarten
One of our favorite classes was learning about chicken. (This prompted us to hatch and raise our own backyard chickens). In the class we learned about chickens, their habitats, and got to collect farm fresh eggs to take home and eat. For lack of a better work the fresh eggs tasted more “eggy”.
Farm Animal Counting
Kindergarten Farm Unit
My kids LOVE worksheets. And I am always impressed by how much better Minnie (3) does each and every week. So bring on the worksheet fun as long as my kids are enjoying them! For this week I used these wonderful FREE farm theme worksheets and these farm animals theme worksheets. The printable pack includes: tracing, which is different, building words with scrabble tiles, where things come from simple puzzles, pattern cards, mazes, number puzzles, shadow match-up, cut & paste, and so much more. They are HUGE packs for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and grade 1.
Farm Sensory Box
Homemade Butter Activity
We also tried some practical science that would have been used on the farm over and over again for years – we made our own butter. You can learn more about homemade butter science experiment, but basically we took 1 pint heavy whipping cream and put it in a container that sealed. Now shake 20 minutes (or use mixer to speed things up), pour off the liquid at top, and tada you have made about 1 cup of homemade, creamy butter – YUM!!)
C is for cow craft
Farm Animal Hand Art
Farm unit preschool
Farm Silo from Oatmeal Container
Spanish Farm Vocabulary
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Sequencing Cards – farm to table jam, milk, bread, chocolate, eggs, and orange juice (matching sequencing worksheets)
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games
- Printable Farm CVC Words Activity
- Money Farm Worksheets
- Tractor Worksheets for practicing making alphabet letters
- Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Fun-to-Read Farm Books for Preschool
- Lots of CLEVER Farm Activities for Kids
- Farm Alphabet Mats
- Counting Farm Animals Readers
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- C is for Cow letter of the week unit with crafts, activities, and printables for kids
- Farm Writing Prompts or these On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Printable Puzzle Farm animals and their babies
- Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Life on the Farm Hidden pictures printable worksheets
- Farm Building Sentences Cut and Paste Reader
- Seasons worksheet about life on the farm
- Farm Color Sorting Printable
- Super cute Farm Coloring Pages
- Farm ABC Order Worksheets
- Free Farm Color by Number Worksheets for workign on number recognition
- Do-a-Dot NUMBERS Farm Worksheets
- Kindergarten Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Educational Farm Activities
- CUTE Preschool Farm Activities Free Worksheets to work on a variety of skills
- Huge set of Free Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Counting farm animals worksheet pages for numbers 1-10
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- HUGE Farm Animals Worksheet Pack with lots of math and literacy for early learners
- Farm themed free printable cutting activities for preschoolers
- Number Sense Puzzles – Farm Activities for Preschoolers
- Farm Animal Tracing Worksheets
- FREE Farm Animal Puppet Printables
- Farm Writing Numbers in Words Worksheets
- Simple Sentences for Kindergarten Worksheet – Farm theme
- I Spy Farm Animals Printables
- LOTs of ideas in this Farm Theme Preschool
Preschool farm activities free
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!