This super cute Shamrock craft is such a fun, easy-to-make st patricks day craft to make in March. All you need are a few common supplies like yard for this st patrick’s day activities preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders. This happy shamrock is sure to be a favorite shamrock art projects idea.
Kids will love this simple to make Shamrock craft using green yarn and some accessories to personalize your cute shamrock friend. This St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners is perfect for a St Patricks Day Theme or cheerful craft to brighten up your fridge! We love making seasonal projects to celebrate fun holidays throughout the year like this st patrick’s day art and craft for March.
St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
All you need to make this super cute Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft are a few simple materials you probably already have at home:
- cardboard (from a leftover box, bottom of construction paper, etc)
- green, black, and yellow construction paper
- pair of googly eyes
- small piece of yellow yarn (for mouth)
- green yarn (how much depends on how large your lucky 3-leaf clover is and if you want to make it really thick or not)
Shamrock art projects
The first step is to cut a shamrock shape out of the cardboard. You can cut it out free-hand or use one of these free shamrock templates.
Now comes the fun part! Children will wrap green string or yarn around the shamrock again and again in a zig zag, overlapping pattern. Encourage them to keep going until you can’t see any more cardboard underneath on the stem and each of the 3 leaves. I love that this craft is completely kid friendly and they can make it themselves!
St patricks day art and craft
Use glue to atttach two googly eyes and a small piece of yellow yarn to make the happy shamrock face.
Now you get to make Mr Lucky’s leprechaun hat! Cut out a hat shape from construction paper. It doens’t matter if it is big or small, straigh or crooked – it all adds to the carm. If you like, add a black strap and yellow buckle acorss the narrow part of the top hat.
St Patrick’s day activities preschool
Now glue or tape on the green leprechaun top hat to the top of the shamrock.
How cute is Mr Lucky? This is such a fun-to-make and really adorable shamrock craft that will be a family favorite!
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Printable Scavenger Hunts, St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets, and St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- Grow a Shamrock Activity – St Patricks Day Science for Kids
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!