How do you teach syllables? There are so many ways to get students to understand syllables, but whe it is March, the best way to help kindergaten, first grade, and 2nd graders is with this Shamrock Syllables activity. These St Patricks Day Printables is a fun, hands-on sorting activity that is sure to be as fun as it is educational! This St Patricks Day Activities is such a fun litearcy activity! Simply download pdf file with Free St Patrick’s Day Printables and you are ready to play and learn!
These fun St Patricks Day Prinables is a hands- on shamrock syllables activity for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 studnets. They are so easy to prepare and you don’t even need to laminate! You can choose to print in greyscale and use that for another group in your class. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will have fun with this syllable activity for improving literacy skills!
St Patricks Day Printables
St Patricks Day Activities
Children learning their syllables often find it difficult to distinguish between the sounds – especially ESL/ELL kids. I find that these students will especially benefit from more syllable type activities.
A fun way to have kids identify the sounds is to get them clapping as they say the word for instance ‘ba’ clap ‘na’ clap ‘na’ clap. They count the claps and then they place the card under the correct number leprechaun.
This activity includes up to four syllables, there are some tricky words in there to get the kids thinking! The activity is set out to include the first page of shamrock words with one syllables, the second with two and so on and so forth. Once printed, you can cut them out and mix them up.
St Patricks Day Kindergarten
Differentiate: I like having a table of ELL kids start with identifying between one and two syllables, then I give them three syllables. I find that they are able to get the hang of it if the words are not too difficult. So you can definitely choose between which words you want to use with your students.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
This fun activity gets the kids clapping and sorting their words under the correct syllable number!
- Download these cards (below).
- Print either the color or the black and white option. Use card stock or laminate the pages.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Place the word ‘shamrock’ cards in a basket.
- Place the leprechaun cards with the numbers at the top.
- Have the kids choose a card, read the word and then clap the syllables as they place the card under the correct number.
St Patricks Day 1st Grade
Ready to download the activity?
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Download St Patricks Day Syllable Sort
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.