How do you teach syllables? There are so many ways to get students to understand syllables, but whe it is March, the best way to help kindergaten, first grade, and 2nd graders is with this Shamrock Syllables activity. These St Patricks Day Printables is a fun, hands-on sorting activity that is sure to be as fun as it is educational! This St Patricks Day Activities is such a fun litearcy activity! Simply print pdf file with Free St Patrick’s Day Printables and you are ready to play and learn!
These fun St Patricks Day Prinables is a hands- on shamrock syllables activity for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 studnets. They are so easy to prepare and you don’t even need to laminate! You can choose to print in greyscale and use that for another group in your class. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will have fun with this syllable activity for improving literacy skills!
St Patricks Day Printables
St patricks day syllables
Children learning their syllables often find it difficult to distinguish between the sounds – especially ESL/ELL kids. I find that these students will especially benefit from more syllable type activities.
A fun way to have kids identify the sounds is to get them clapping as they say the word for instance ‘ba’ clap ‘na’ clap ‘na’ clap. They count the claps and then they place the card under the correct number leprechaun.
This activity includes up to four syllables, there are some tricky words in there to get the kids thinking! The activity is set out to include the first page of shamrock words with one syllables, the second with two and so on and so forth. Once printed, you can cut them out and mix them up.
Differentiate: I like having a table of ELL kids start with identifying between one and two syllables, then I give them three syllables. I find that they are able to get the hang of it if the words are not too difficult. So you can definitely choose between which words you want to use with your students.
St patricks day first grade
This fun activity gets the kids clapping and sorting their words under the correct syllable number!
- Print these cards (below).
- Print either the color or the black and white option. Use card stock or laminate the pages.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Place the word ‘shamrock’ cards in a basket.
- Place the leprechaun cards with the numbers at the top.
- Have the kids choose a card, read the word and then clap the syllables as they place the card under the correct number.
St Patricks Day Worksheets
We’ve got handy St Patricks day worksheets, printable literacy games, practice tracing, march creative writing, and lots more fun ways to learn in March.
- Color by Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Template Letter Tracing Activity
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Phonics – St patrick’s day activities for kindergarten
- St Patrick’s Day Alphabet Rainbow Matching
- Alphabetical Order St Patricks Day Printable Activity
- Pre-writing, Tracing St Patrick’s Day Preschool Printables
- Find the Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Syllables sorting activity
- Create-a-Word St Patrick’s Day spelling words activity
- Free March Writing Prompts with ruled lines
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Activity for March
- Free printable St Patricks Day Write the Room Literacy Activity
- Different sounds of y – Free printable St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- Reading Comprehension St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Activity – Rhyming Donuts
- Rhyme and Dab St Patrick’s Day Printables
St Patricks Day Math
- Count to 10 St.Patrick’s Day Printables or St Patricks Day worksheets for preschoolers
- Counting to 20 St Patrick’s Day Activities for preschoolers
- St patrick’s day puzzles printable free – counting 1-20
- Addition within 10 St Patrick’s Day Math craft
- BINGO- Free printable St Patricks Day Math Game
- Kindergarten Addition Strips – St Patrick’s Day Math Activities
- Symmetry St Patrick’s Day Drawings
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math (3 different levels for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders)
- Lucky Leprechaun Math Game learning factors
- Free St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Place Value Activity & St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- St Patrick’s Day Multiplication – Math Equation Mats
- Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math craft – addition within 30
- Hundreds Chart St Patricks Day Color by Number
- St Patricks Day Math for Preschoolers – Clover Patter Strips
- Rainbow Connect the Dots for preschoolers
- Simple Counting Puzzles Rainbow Activity for Toddlers
- Rainbow Printables – Shape Playdough Mats
St Patricks Day Science
- Rainbow in a Jar amazing density science experiment for kids of all ages to try this spring!
- Grow a Rainbow – simple St Patrick’s Day Science Experiments for young kids
- Easy Rainbow in a Jar with sugar experiment for kids
- Grow a Shamrock Science Experiment
- Frozen Eruptions Rainbow Science
- Grow a Rainbow Capillary Action Experiment
- Color Mixing Science St Patricks Day Activity
- St Patricks Day Science with SKITTLES
- Kids will love this Leprechaun Rock activity. It is an easy, fun science experiment for St Patricks Day.
St Patricks Day Activities
- Leprechaun Slime St Patricks Day Activity
- Pot of Gold Slime St Patricks Day Activities
- Green Contact Solution Slime
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime St Patrick’s Day Activities
- SLIME St Patrick’s Day activities for school age
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Activity for Toddlers
- Flecks of gold St Patricks Day Playdough
St Patricks Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- DIY Leprechaun hat craft from toilet paper roll
- Yarn-wrapped rainbow craft for kindergarten
- Stamping with peppers Clover Crafts for Preschoolers
- Free St Patricks Day Printable Craft Hats
- Rainbow Hand Art Project
- Easy Bead St Patrick’s Day Necklace Craft
- Fun St Patrick Ideas for Toddlers
- Over the rainbow Leprechaun Handprint
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for March
- EPIC painting with cars activity is such a fun way to make a rainbow in March!
- Make this fun-to-make and delicious Rainbow Toast
- Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books to read and color
- I Spy St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable Template Color Matching Game
- Ireland Coloring Pages for kids
- Free Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Grab this March Stories for Kids Printable Calendar with books and activities for every day of the month!
- St Patrick’s Day Printables for preschoolers
- Free St Patricks Day Printable Posters
- Lots of fun-to-read St Patrick’s Day Books for Preschoolers
- Simple, Free St Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
- See lots more ideas to fill your St Patricks Day Lesson plan or with these St Patrick’s Day activities for preschoolers
St Patricks Day Syllable Sort
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply