St. Patrick’s Day is almost upon us. While it has some meaning, many people see it as a day to wear green and play with leprechauns. However you can use the holiday with fun March themes to keep kids engage and having fun with hands-on learning activities. We love write the room activities, so it was a no brainer to do a themed saint patrick’s day activities. Use this st patrick day activities with kindergarten and first grade students. Simply download the st patrick’s day printables pdf file with and you are ready to play and learn!
Write The Room
Write the room activities are excellent literacy activities for children of many levels. They can help children focus on beginning and ending sounds, help them see larger, more complicated words that they may otherwise not study, and help match words to pictures. As well as all of this, they will be practicing writing the letters as well.
St Patrick’s day printables
St patricks day worksheets
This St. Patrick’s Day Write The Room activity contains 10 St. Patrick’s Day themed pictures. We included images such as: rainbow, Irish flag, the number 17, the word March, a leprechaun boy, pot of gold and more. Each picture is also labeled with its name.
We also included a recording sheet.
Saint patrick’s day activities
After printing the recording sheets and the pictures, cut the pictures apart. You can strategically place the pictures around the room or the house. You can also place them at random.
Have children grab the recording sheet and a writing utensil. You can also have them put the recording sheet on a clipboard if preferred, but the table or a book will be sufficient as well.
St patrick day activities
Children will walk around looking for the images. Once they are found they can say what the picture is of, spell the word, sound out the word, etc. Once they have done all this, they can use the name of the picture to write the word on the recording sheet.
There are so many aspects of this activity that are beneficial and fun too! Kids will love it and it doesn’t take much prep for you, so it’s a win win!
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Printable Scavenger Hunts, St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets, and St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Write the Room Template
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!