St. Patrick’s Day is almost upon us. While it has some meaning, many people see it as a day to wear green and play with leprechauns. However you can use the holiday with fun March themes to keep kids engage and having fun with hands-on learning activities. We love write the room activities, so it was a no brainer to do a themed saint patrick’s day activities. Use this st patrick day activities with kindergarten and first grade students. Simply print the st patrick’s day printables pdf file with and you are ready to play and learn!
St patricks day write the room
Write the room activities are excellent literacy activities for children of many levels. They can help children focus on beginning and ending sounds, help them see larger, more complicated words that they may otherwise not study, and help match words to pictures. As well as all of this, they will be practicing writing the letters as well.
St patrick’s day write the room
Write the room st patricks day
This St. Patrick’s Day Write The Room activity contains 10 St. Patrick’s Day themed pictures. We included images such as: rainbow, Irish flag, the number 17, the word March, a leprechaun boy, pot of gold and more. Each picture is also labeled with its name.
We also included a recording sheet.
Saint patrick’s day activities
After printing the recording sheets and the pictures, cut the pictures apart. You can strategically place the pictures around the room or the house. You can also place them at random.
Have children grab the recording sheet and a writing utensil. You can also have them put the recording sheet on a clipboard if preferred, but the table or a book will be sufficient as well.
St patrick day activities
Children will walk around looking for the images. Once they are found they can say what the picture is of, spell the word, sound out the word, etc. Once they have done all this, they can use the name of the picture to write the word on the recording sheet.
There are so many aspects of this activity that are beneficial and fun too! Kids will love it and it doesn’t take much prep for you, so it’s a win win!
St Patricks Day Worksheets
We’ve got handy St Patricks day worksheets, printable literacy games, practice tracing, march creative writing, and lots more fun ways to learn in March.
- Color by Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Template Letter Tracing Activity
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Phonics – St patrick’s day activities for kindergarten
- St Patrick’s Day Alphabet Rainbow Matching
- Alphabetical Order St Patricks Day Printable Activity
- Pre-writing, Tracing St Patrick’s Day Preschool Printables
- Find the Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Syllables sorting activity
- Create-a-Word St Patrick’s Day spelling words activity
- Free March Writing Prompts with ruled lines
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Activity for March
- Free printable St Patricks Day Write the Room Literacy Activity
- Different sounds of y – Free printable St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- Reading Comprehension St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Activity – Rhyming Donuts
- Rhyme and Dab St Patrick’s Day Printables
St patrick’s day math activities
- Count to 10 St.Patrick’s Day Printables or St Patricks Day worksheets for preschoolers
- Counting to 20 St Patrick’s Day Activities for preschoolers
- St patrick’s day puzzles printable free – counting 1-20
- Addition within 10 St Patrick’s Day Math craft
- BINGO- Free printable St Patricks Day Math Game
- Kindergarten Addition Strips – St Patrick’s Day Math Activities
- Symmetry St Patrick’s Day Drawings
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math (3 different levels for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders)
- Lucky Leprechaun Math Game learning factors
- Free St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Place Value Activity & St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- St Patrick’s Day Multiplication – Math Equation Mats
- Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math craft – addition within 30
- Hundreds Chart St Patricks Day Color by Number
- St Patricks Day Math for Preschoolers – Clover Patter Strips
- Rainbow Connect the Dots for preschoolers
- Simple Counting Puzzles Rainbow Activity for Toddlers
- Rainbow Printables – Shape Playdough Mats
St Patricks Day Science
- Rainbow in a Jar amazing density science experiment for kids of all ages to try this spring!
- Grow a Rainbow – simple St Patrick’s Day Science Experiments for young kids
- Easy Rainbow in a Jar with sugar experiment for kids
- Grow a Shamrock Science Experiment
- Frozen Eruptions Rainbow Science
- Grow a Rainbow Capillary Action Experiment
- Color Mixing Science St Patricks Day Activity
- St Patricks Day Science with SKITTLES
- Kids will love this Leprechaun Rock activity. It is an easy, fun science experiment for St Patricks Day.
St Patricks Day Activities
- Leprechaun Slime St Patricks Day Activity
- Pot of Gold Slime St Patricks Day Activities
- Green Contact Solution Slime
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime St Patrick’s Day Activities
- SLIME St Patrick’s Day activities for school age
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Activity for Toddlers
- Flecks of gold St Patricks Day Playdough
St Patricks Crafts
- Simple and cute, Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft Ideas
- Super cute St Patricks Day Craft for Preschoolers (free templates)
- Easy Rainbow Cloud Craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids
- Lots of fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Crafts
- Handprint Rainbow Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
- St patricks day art for kindergarten with kids own hands
- Hanging St Patricks Day Rainbow Craft
- Hanging Rainbow Craft
- Pot of Gold Craft for kids to practice making their name
St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books to read and color
- I Spy St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable Template Color Matching Game
- Ireland Coloring Pages for kids
- Free Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Grab this March Stories for Kids Printable Calendar with books and activities for every day of the month!
- St Patrick’s Day Printables for preschoolers
- Free St Patricks Day Printable Posters
- Lots of fun-to-read St Patrick’s Day Books for Preschoolers
- Simple, Free St Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
- See lots more ideas to fill your St Patricks Day Lesson plan or with these St Patrick’s Day activities for preschoolers
Write the Room Template
Byusing resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply