Fourth Grade students will have fun practicing identifying factors with this FREE Leprechaun Factors Game perfect for 4th grade kids. It includes a math game and math worksheets grade 4 to practive factors on St Patricks Day.
What are factors
Factors are whole numbers that are multiplied together to produce another number. The original numbers are factors of the product number.
For example the factors of the number 10 are 1, 2, 5, and 10 because 1 x 10 and 2 x 5 all equal 10. There are no other numbers that can be multiplied by another number to give you 10.
Let’s take another example. The factors of the number 24 are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6,8,12, and 24 because 1 x 24, 2 x 12, 3 x 8, and 4 x 6 all equal 24. There are no other numbers that can be multiplied together to give you exactly 24.
Kids will love practicing what is a factor in math with this free printable Saint Patricks Day themed leprechaun games. We love ideas for making math fun!
Start out by printing everything in the free printable download on cardstock or laminate for durability:
- Lucky Leprechaun Board
- Spinner – insert a brad in the middle of the spinner with a paperclip at the top
- Leprechaun Cards – cut apart
- Four Leaf Clover Cards – cut apart
Fourth Grade Math Worksheets
These Leprechaun Factors are perfect for grade 4 math. These 4th Grade Math Worksheets can be used with the St Patricks Day Factors Game or on their own. Personally, we like to complete them before the game so kids will have a cheat sheet of sorts they can use when playing the game.
To complete these fourth grade math worksheets, have students figure out the factors for each of the numbers on the Leprechaun hats. Each Leprechaun has the correct number of boxes underneath so students will know how many factors they need to write down. Students can color the cute leprechauns if the wish.
HINT: The Answer Key is included.
4th Grade Math
You will need markers for students to move around the factors board game. We used Disney Doorables, but you can use Lego minifigures, buttons, math manipulatives, etc.
In this game kids will practice finding the factors for sixteen numbers: 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 30, and 32.
Grade 4 Math
In this game, students will work to get the Leprechauns all the lucky four leaf clover numbers they need to complete the leprechauns factors.
Math Games for Grade 4
Set-up the Lucky Leprechaun Factors Board Game by setting out the board game, game tokens, spinner, leprechaun cards, and four leaf clover cards.
Play this fun math game hand out 3 leprechauns to every person playing the game. Then one at a time spin the spinner and move your token around the Factors board game. When you land on a number you can only pick up the corresponding numbered four leaf clover if that number is a factor for one of your leprechauns. When you get to the leprechaun square you get to pick up any four leaf clover you like and then continue playing by going back to start.
Keep playing until one player has all the factors for their three leprechauns.
HINT: All Leprechauns don’t have the same number of factors.
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for more fun St Patricks day? You will love these ideas:
- Pot of Gold Addition and Subtraction Math Craft for 1st & 2nd Graders
- Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Work on letter recognition with these St Patricks Day Color by Letter
- Reveal hidden pictures in these St Patricks Day Color by Number Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Color by Hundreds Chart Worksheets
- Kids will love coloring their own hats in this free St Patrick’s Day Printable
Free Math Worksheets
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number
- Do-a-Dot Shape Worksheets
- Watermelon Counting Printable Book
- Shapes Emergent Reader
- Measument Hunt Math Challenge
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Tic-Tac-Toe Clock Games
- Valentines Day Multiplication Game
- Fractions Board Game
- Pirate Place Value Game
- Order of Operations Pumpkin Puzzles
- Hungry Caterpillars Days of the Week Printable
- Telling Time Games
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Download Factors Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!