Are you looking for a fun and simple way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your children this year? After putting our corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot, we love to make creative and festive crafts like this St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Cereal Craft.
This is such a fun, simple St Patrick’s Day Crafts that also helps toddler, preschool, and Kindergarten age kids practice identifying their names.
Pot of Gold Craft
- Black Construction Paper
- Green Construction Paper
- Corn Pops Cereal
1. Draw and cut out a pot out of the black construction paper.
2. Glue the pot onto the green (or any color) construction paper.
3. Glue Corn Pops cereal on top of the pot to look like gold nuggets.
My son glued a few pieces of cereal at the bottom of the pot too. He said that there were so many pieces of gold in his pot that it began overflowing and falling out.
4. Write your name on the center of the pot and trace over it with glue.
5. Sprinkle glitter on top of the glue and let the glue dry.
6. Shake the excess glitter off the paper.
Extend The Learning:
While creating this St. Patrick’s Day craft, your child will practice skills such as cutting, but you can also incorporate learning activities too:
- Read books to learn all about St. Patrick’s Day and Ireland.
- Before gluing the pieces of Corn Puff cereal onto the paper, have your child practice counting the pieces. My son grouped the pieces into groups and learned how to count by 5’s and 10’s.
- After making the craft, hide the pot of gold and give your child directions on how to find it.
Making crafts like this St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Cereal Craft is a fun way for kids to celebrate the holiday and learn all about St. Patrick’s Day.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Fun, Free Printable Place Value Games for St Patrick’s Day
- Practice Factors with this FREE Printable Lucky Leprechaun Games
- St. Patrick’s Day Math Equation Mats are a fun hands-on math activity for elementary age students to work on addition, subtractions, multiplication and Division this spring!
- Practice sorting by syllables with these Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Preschool Name Ideas
Looking for more Name Recognition Activities? Try these:
- Slime Preschool Name Ideas
- 28 Cute Name Crafts for Preschoolers
- Playdough Imprint Name Recognition Activities
- French Fry name crafts for preschoolers
- Learn Your Name with Cars
- Practice your Name with DIY Microwave Puffy Paint
- Free Learn my Name & Address Printable Cards
- Cute I Spy Name Ornament for Kids
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
- Learn your name with straws Name Recognition Craft
- Name Recognition Pot of Gold Craft
- 30 Name Recognition Activities