Are you looking for a fun and simple way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your children this year? After putting our corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot, we love to make creative and festive St Patricks Day crafts like this super cute pot of gold craft that uses cereal to work on name recognition. This st patricks day idea is handy for toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and preschool st patricks crafts. Try this fun st patrick’s day crafts for preschoolers this March!
Pot of gold craft
This pot of gold crafts is such a fun, simple St Patrick’s Day Crafts that also Use this st patrick’s day activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students to practice identifying their names. This cute name craft is perfect for marking in March to celebrate Saint Patricks Day with kids! Use this fun for a st patricks day preschool or a st patricks day kindergarten project for kids.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this march craft for kids! Use it at home, in the classroom, or as a St Patricks day art project in your homeschool!
Pot of gold craft preschool
This pot of gold craft for preschool is super simple and easy-to-make with common household items you probabaly already have at your house:
- Black Construction Paper
- Green Construction Paper
- Corn Pops Cereal
Pot of gold crafts for preschoolers
To make this fun st patricks day project start by drawing and cutting out a pot out of the black construction paper. Now glue the pot onto the green (or any color) construction paper.
Next you will glue Corn Pops cereal on top of the pot to look like gold nuggets. My son glued a few pieces of cereal at the bottom of the pot too. He said that there were so many pieces of gold in his pot that it began overflowing and falling out.
St patrick’s day pot of gold craft
Then, write your name on the center of the pot and trace over it with glue. Finally, sprinkle glitter on top of the glue and let the glue dry. Carefully shake the excess glitter off the paper.
Pot of gold art project for preschoolers
While creating this St. Patrick’s Day craft, your child will practice skills such as cutting, but you can also incorporate learning activities too:
- Read books to learn all about St. Patrick’s Day and Ireland.
- Before gluing the pieces of Corn Puff cereal onto the paper, have your child practice counting the pieces. My son grouped the pieces into groups and learned how to count by 5’s and 10’s.
- After making the craft, hide the pot of gold and give your child directions on how to find it.
Pot of gold craft ideas
Making crafts like this St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Cereal Craft is a fun way for kids to celebrate the holiday and learn all about St. Patrick’s Day.
St Patricks Day Worksheets
We’ve got handy St Patricks day worksheets, printable literacy games, practice tracing, march creative writing, and lots more fun ways to learn in March.
- Color by Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Template Letter Tracing Activity
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Phonics – St patrick’s day activities for kindergarten
- St Patrick’s Day Alphabet Rainbow Matching
- Alphabetical Order St Patricks Day Printable Activity
- Pre-writing, Tracing St Patrick’s Day Preschool Printables
- Find the Letter St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Syllables sorting activity
- Create-a-Word St Patrick’s Day spelling words activity
- Free March Writing Prompts with ruled lines
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Activity for March
- Free printable St Patricks Day Write the Room Literacy Activity
- Different sounds of y – Free printable St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- Reading Comprehension St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Activity – Rhyming Donuts
- Rhyme and Dab St Patrick’s Day Printables
St patrick’s day math activities
- Count to 10 St.Patrick’s Day Printables or St Patricks Day worksheets for preschoolers
- Counting to 20 St Patrick’s Day Activities for preschoolers
- St patrick’s day puzzles printable free – counting 1-20
- Addition within 10 St Patrick’s Day Math craft
- BINGO- Free printable St Patricks Day Math Game
- Kindergarten Addition Strips – St Patrick’s Day Math Activities
- Symmetry St Patrick’s Day Drawings
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math (3 different levels for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders)
- Lucky Leprechaun Math Game learning factors
- Free St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- Pot of Gold Place Value Activity & St Patrick’s Day Math Worksheets
- St Patrick’s Day Multiplication – Math Equation Mats
- Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pot of Gold St Patricks Day Math craft – addition within 30
- Hundreds Chart St Patricks Day Color by Number
- St Patricks Day Math for Preschoolers – Clover Patter Strips
- Rainbow Connect the Dots for preschoolers
- Simple Counting Puzzles Rainbow Activity for Toddlers
- Rainbow Printables – Shape Playdough Mats
St Patricks Day Science
- Rainbow in a Jar amazing density science experiment for kids of all ages to try this spring!
- Grow a Rainbow – simple St Patrick’s Day Science Experiments for young kids
- Easy Rainbow in a Jar with sugar experiment for kids
- Grow a Shamrock Science Experiment
- Frozen Eruptions Rainbow Science
- Grow a Rainbow Capillary Action Experiment
- Color Mixing Science St Patricks Day Activity
- St Patricks Day Science with SKITTLES
- Kids will love this Leprechaun Rock activity. It is an easy, fun science experiment for St Patricks Day.
St Patricks Day Activities
- Leprechaun Slime St Patricks Day Activity
- Pot of Gold Slime St Patricks Day Activities
- Green Contact Solution Slime
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime St Patrick’s Day Activities
- SLIME St Patrick’s Day activities for school age
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Activity for Toddlers
- Flecks of gold St Patricks Day Playdough
St Patricks Crafts
- Simple and cute, Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft Ideas
- Super cute St Patricks Day Craft for Preschoolers (free templates)
- Easy Rainbow Cloud Craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids
- Lots of fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Crafts
- Handprint Rainbow Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
- St patricks day art for kindergarten with kids own hands
- Hanging St Patricks Day Rainbow Craft
- Hanging Rainbow Craft
- Pot of Gold Craft for kids to practice making their name
St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books to read and color
- I Spy St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable Template Color Matching Game
- Ireland Coloring Pages for kids
- Free Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Grab this March Stories for Kids Printable Calendar with books and activities for every day of the month!
- St Patrick’s Day Printables for preschoolers
- Free St Patricks Day Printable Posters
- Lots of fun-to-read St Patrick’s Day Books for Preschoolers
- Simple, Free St Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
- See lots more ideas to fill your St Patricks Day Lesson plan or with these St Patrick’s Day activities for preschoolers
Preschool Name Ideas
Looking for more Name Recognition Activities? Try these:
- Slime Preschool Name Ideas
- 28 Cute Name Crafts for Preschoolers
- Playdough Imprint Name Recognition Activities
- French Fry name crafts for preschoolers
- Learn Your Name with Cars
- Practice your Name with DIY Microwave Puffy Paint
- Free Learn my Name & Address Printable Cards
- Cute I Spy Name Ornament for Kids
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
- Learn your name with straws Name Recognition Craft
- Name Recognition Pot of Gold Craft
- 30 Name Recognition Activities