Are you looking for a fun and simple way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your children this year? After putting our corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot, we love to make creative and festive crafts like this St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Cereal Craft.
This is such a fun, simple St Patrick’s Day Crafts that also helps toddler, preschool, and Kindergarten age kids practice identifying their names.
St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Rainbow Painting with Cars
- Color Hunt
- Rainbow Hand Art Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Bead Craft
- Clover Stamping
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Sheets
- 38 AMAZING St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids
St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Cereal Craft
- Black Construction Paper
- Green Construction Paper
- Corn Pops Cereal
1. Draw and cut out a pot out of the black construction paper.
2. Glue the pot onto the green (or any color) construction paper.
3. Glue Corn Pops cereal on top of the pot to look like gold nuggets.
My son glued a few pieces of cereal at the bottom of the pot too. He said that there were so many pieces of gold in his pot that it began overflowing and falling out.
4. Write your name on the center of the pot and trace over it with glue.
5. Sprinkle glitter on top of the glue and let the glue dry.
6. Shake the excess glitter off the paper.
Extend The Learning:
While creating this St. Patrick’s Day craft, your child will practice skills such as cutting, but you can also incorporate learning activities too:
- Read books to learn all about St. Patrick’s Day and Ireland.
- Before gluing the pieces of Corn Puff cereal onto the paper, have your child practice counting the pieces. My son grouped the pieces into groups and learned how to count by 5’s and 10’s.
- After making the craft, hide the pot of gold and give your child directions on how to find it.
Making crafts like this St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Cereal Craft is a fun way for kids to celebrate the holiday and learn all about St. Patrick’s Day.