Today we are sharing a fun cloud rainbow craft for kids to make! This rainbow cloud craft is the perfect craft to make to celebrate spring and as part of a weather theme, Saint Patricks Day theme, during the month of March, or as a Spring craft for kids! All you need are a few simple materials to make this pretty cloud and rainbow craft with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students!
Cloud rainbow craft
This easy cloud rainbow craft is such a pretty spring craft for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. This rainbow craft makes a beautiful decoration for March, a pretty St Patricks Day craft, a rainbow craft ideas, or spring craft for preschoolers. All you need is a couple simple materials and you are ready to transform your home to a beautiful colorful world. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using ribbon or cotton balls to make this pretty rainbow arts and crafts project.
Rainbow cloud craft
Here are the materials you will need to make this beautiful spring craft:
- White Paper
- Cotton Balls
- Ribbon in each rainbow color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
Cloud and rainbow craft
Before beginning this cloud with rainbow craft, it is best for an adult to cut out the cloud shape. This makes it easier for the kids to get going with the craft. To do this, cut a piece of white construction paper into 1/4th’s. From here you’ll have a rectangle. Next, cut rounded shapes around the edge to make it look like a cloud. You can use this as a template to make more clouds if doing this craft with multiple kids.
Spring craft for preschoolers
Now we’re ready for the kids to make their cloud and rainbow craft!
They will start by putting glue all over the front of the cloud. We used white school glue, but a glue stick may work too.
Pull the cotton balls apart slightly to spread them out, and then stick them to the front of the cloud. Continue until the front of the cloud is covered with cotton balls.
Next, flip over the paper and cotton ball cloud.
Cut pieces of ribbon in the desired lengths. We used about 8 inches for each color.
Put a band of glue along the bottom and add the ribbons in rainbow-color order. You’ll want to start from the right and move to the left. This way, when you flip the cloud back over, the rainbow colors will be in the correct order.
Rainbow crafts for kids
After this dries, your could and rainbow craft is complete! We have ours decorating our refrigerator, but this would be a great decoration for many different places around the home or classroom!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Flower Parts of a plant flip book
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Spring Multiplication Math Craft
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners