Spring is such a lovely season to get out outside and have fun. Kids will enjoy walking around the neighborhood, getting some exercise, while searching for different items such as a bird, flower and worm, as part of this free printable Spring Scavenger Hunt.
Spring Scavenger Hunt
Kids love hunting for things. Scavenger hunts are fun and frugal activities that help keep kids occupied while moving. With this free scavenger hunt, children can search their local area for thirty-six different everyday objects while getting some exercise and fresh air.
Some of the items kids will look for as they race to complete their outdoor scavenger hunt are: leaves, bird, rock, ant, trash, cloud, butterfly, mailbox, flower, mushroom, branch, ladybug, stump, grass, bee, sun, tree, road, worm, watering can, shovel, nest, car, people walking, kite, rainbow, umbrella, feather, frog, dog, puddle, playground, dragonfly, rake, puddle, rv, plane, and more.
Scavenger Hunt for Kids
You can print the free scavenger hunts in cheerful color or in black and white to save on printing costs. You can also laminate the pages for durability and then our child can use a dry erase marker to do the treasure hunt over and over again!
Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a summer camp – you will love this no prep spring activity for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre k, to kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade and more!
Place the checklist onto a clipboard or similar and give them to your child with a marker, crayon or pencil.
- Walk around your local area or neighborhood, marking off the images as you find them.
- If the page is laminated, children can use a dry-erase marker to mark off the items then wipe clean when finished. Then the checklist can be used multiple times by multiple children. You could even team up an older child who can read with a younger one who is still learning.
- For older children, you could even put a time limit on it and prizes for those who can find the items within the set time.
For this particular free scavenger hunt, children will need to walk around outside complete this activity, so may need a parent, or guardian to go with them. You could even carry a few copies of this hunt in your car with you and when you stop in a different area or location and have time, children can complete the hunt while there.
This printable could also be used for counting practice, just have children count how many of each image they find. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they have completed their hunt.
These pages come in both black and white as well as colour for you to choose from. With the black and white copies, children can color or decorate the images as they wish.
Free Scavenger Hunts
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Easter Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Luke 2 scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Library Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt
Spring Activities for Kids
You may also enjoy these Spring Activities:
- Amazing Bubble Painting Project
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- AMAZING Tin Foil Art
- Spring Counting Cards
- Epic Bubble Painting
- Spring Alphabet Match
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Spring Parts of Speech Cards
- Color by Number Summer
- Squirt Gun Painting
- Mason Jar Flower Craft for Kids
- Homemade Lava Lamp – epic activity for kids of all ages
- Lego Activities for Kids Poster – print this list of fun ideas for your day
Printable Scavenger Hunt
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!