Spring is such a lovely season to get out outside and have fun. Kids will enjoy walking around the neighborhood, getting some exercise, while searching for different items such as a bird, flower and worm, as part of this Spring Scavenger Hunt. This spring scavenger hunt printable is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students as it contains not only the name, but a cute picture too. Simply print pdf file with spring scavenger hunt pdf in color or black and white and you are ready to play!
Spring Scavenger Hunt
Kids love hunting for things. Scavenger hunts are fun and frugal activities that help keep kids occupied while moving. With this spring scavenger hunt ideas, children can search their local area for thirty-six different everyday objects while getting some exercise and fresh air. Some of the items kids will look for as they race to complete their spring scavenger hunt are: leaves, bird, rock, ant, trash, cloud, butterfly, mailbox, flower, mushroom, branch, ladybug, stump, grass, bee, sun, tree, road, worm, watering can, shovel, nest, car, people walking, kite, rainbow, umbrella, feather, frog, dog, puddle, playground, dragonfly, rake, puddle, rv, plane, and more. This outdoor scavenger hunt ideas is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students during March, april, and May to celebrate springtime!
Spring scavenger hunt pdf
You can print the free scavenger hunts in cheerful color or in black and white to save on printing costs. You can also laminate the pages for durability and then our child can use a dry erase marker to do the treasure hunt over and over again!
Spring scavenger hunt printable
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a summer camp – you will love this no prep spring activity for kids of all ages. Place the spring scavenger hunt for kids checklist onto a clipboard or similar and give them to your child with a marker, crayon or pencil.
- Walk around your local area or neighborhood, marking off the images as you find them.
- If the page is laminated, children can use a dry-erase marker to mark off the items then wipe clean when finished. Then the checklist can be used multiple times by multiple children. You could even team up an older child who can read with a younger one who is still learning.
- For older children, you could even put a time limit on it and prizes for those who can find the items within the set time.
Spring scavenger hunt ideas
For this particular free scavenger hunt, children will need to walk around outside complete this activity, so may need a parent, or guardian to go with them. You could even carry a few copies of this hunt in your car with you and when you stop in a different area or location and have time, children can complete the hunt while there.
This printable could also be used for counting practice, just have children count how many of each image they find. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they have completed their hunt.
These pages come in both black and white as well as colour for you to choose from. With the black and white copies, children can color or decorate the images as they wish.
Free Printable Scavenger Hunt
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices for younger kids and educational fieldtrip options too
- Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Library Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of options inlcuding search by genre, specific books, resource to get to know your library, using book catalog, and more!
- Reading Scavenger Hunt for the library
- Individual Book Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Free Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Noun Scavenger Hunt
- Learn shapes with this fun, free printable Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Creative Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
- Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Scavenger Hunt BINGO
- Free Printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt PDF
- US Bird Scavenger Hunt Printable
- State Flowers for all 50 States Scavenger Hunt
- American State Animals Printable Savenger Hunt
- Over 76 FREE Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Seasonal Scavenger Hunts
- St Patricks Day Scavenger Hunt
- Easter neighborhood easter egg hunt
- Spring Scavenger Hunt – head out and explore your neighborhood or use as a car activity
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Kids will love this engaging Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Simple Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for kids – great way to learn about the different type of trees in your area
- Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Luke 2 Christmas Story scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Christmas Scavenger Hunt – christmas decorations, christmas movie, christmas selfie
- J is for Jesus Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Mowing the Lawn Spring Alphabet Game
- Spring Alphabet Worksheets for preschoolers
- Alphabet Kite Craft
- Free Printable Flower matching game for preschoolers
- Rainbow Spring Letter Tracing for kids
- Spring Flowers Letter Matching Printable for Upper and Lowercase Letters
- Rainy Day Find-the-Letter Spring Worksheets
- Raindrop Letters Matching activity for spring
- Hop to it! Frog alphabet matching game printable
Spring Language Arts
- Free Printable Flower rhyming words
- Bunny short i puzzles are a fun spring activities for kindergarten
- Cut, Paste, and Read Spring Sight words Reader
- April Showers Digraph Activities for second grade
- Spring sight words game
- free printable sight word worksheets for spring
- Spring vowel worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring CVC Words Activity
- Cut, Paste & Read Bug Free Printable SIght Word Books pdf
- Hands-on Caterpillar spring cvc words activity
- Printable spring bubble word family games
- April Writing Prompts Calendar
- Free May Writing Prompts Worksheets for K-4th graders
- Rhyming Words Spring Worksheets
- Simple, free Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Printable Spring Emergent Reader
- Planting Carrots CVC Word Activity
- Frog free printable sight words games pdf
- Tulip spring rhyming words worksheet
- Carrot word family worksheets for kindergarten
Spring Math Activities
- Butterfly Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free printable kite Skip Counting Craft
- Spring counting playdough mats
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Count to 10 Insect printables for preschoolers
- Fraction Flowers worksheets for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar flashcards – numbers
- Bug Measuring Cards Free
- Raindrop counting activity for spring
- Spring carrot what comes next activity
- Flower free printable number bond worksheets for kindergarten
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-30 pdf
- Spring Math Puzzles to work on counting and addition
Spring Math Activity
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Birds, Free printable one to one correspondence activity with jelly beans
- Free printable missing number worksheets
- Spring Bunny counting number tracing cards
- Teen Number sense Flower Addition Worksheet
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats
- Printable Spring Tracing Worksheets
- Free Printable FLOWER shapes activities for kindergarten
- Vegetable counting from 1 to 10 clip cards activity
- Seeds Make 10 Addition Game
- Spring Addition Counting Clip Cards
- Kite Color Matching – free printable learning colors for toddlers game
- Free printable How to plant a seed step by step worksheet
- I Spy Farm Animals (great for visual discrimination & counting)
- Free Printable Spring Worksheets Preschool
- Backyard Critters Insect worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring color words worksheets using do-a-dot markers
- B is for Butterfly weekly theme
- Fun Ant activities for preschoolers (prek / k)
- I is for Inchworm activities for kids
- Match the Flower Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Spring lego challenge cards
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Umbrella Craft
- I Spy Spring
These science projects and spring science experiments are perfect for indoor or outdoor!
- How big is a Raindrop Experiment for kids
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Density water balloon science experiment
- Fun-to-Make, Beautiful Chromatography Butterflies for kids
- Vinegar and Baking soda Rocket Experiment
- Outrageously cool Lemon Clock project for kids
- Making butter in a jar experiment
- Balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Amazing Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
Spring Science Worksheets
These free science printables are a grea way to learn about the parts of a plant, plant life cycles, animal life cycles, to take along as zoo field trip worksheets, and more!
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Hatching Butterflies Observation Book
- Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet free
- Free Earthworm life cycle worksheet
- Nature Walk Activity Sheet
- Frog Life Cycle for Kids spinner activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Free Zoo fieldtrip worksheet
- Printable Animal Habitat Game
- Insect Life Cycle printable books
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
Your kids are going to want to try these fun springtime craft projects.
- 30 DIY Bird Feeder projects to make with kids this springtime
- Gingho Leaf Umbrella Craft
- Bubble Wrap Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Cute toilet paper roll bunny crafts for kids
- 40 Earth Day Crafts
- Easy Impressionism for Kids spring art project
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Pop-up Butterfly Crafts for preschoolers
Flower Crafts for Kids
- 100 Beautiful Flowers Crafts for Kids to Make
- Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Celery Painted Tulip Flower Craft
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Ideas
- Felt Board Flower Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Fine Motor Bead Flower Craft for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Flower Crown
- Cute printable flower craft for mothers day
- Super cute Printable Flower Craft for working on name recognition
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
Spring Activities for Kids
- Colorful Snake Bubble Activity for kids
- Spring pasta craft for kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Find monthly resources such are our March Crafts for kids or our March Activities for Kids!
- Check out our April Crafts for kids or our April Activities for Kids!
- Don’t miss these May Crafts for kids or our May Activities for Kids!
- Let’s ease into summer on June 21st with these June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT bubbles
Spring nature scavenger hunt pdf
By using resourcesg from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!