Grab these free printable writing prompts to make sure kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students keep writing during spring! These writing prompts for april are no prep – just print the april writing challenge calendar and you are ready to make writing fun this springtime. Simply print pdf file with april writing promts and you are ready for spring writing activities!
Writing Prompts for April
Spring is here and that means cabin fever will be on the rise. Once that hits getting children to concentrate on school can be quite a challenge. So meet a challenge with another challenge. The April Writing Challenge will inspire your child to write while having fun at the same time. There is a calendar filled with writing prompts for April to keep kids engage and eager to practice writing.
April writing challenge
April Writing Prompts
Print out your free copy of the April Writing Challenge Printable. The challenges are filled with prompts your child will love. The prompts are engaging so your child will be more interested in completing the assignment. You can extend the fun by having your child draw something associated with the challenge. Your child can do one writing prompt a day or divide it up as it suits your child interest and grade level.
April journal prompts
- Make the writing process stress free to encourage your child to continue along.
- Allow your child to write freely on a separate piece of paper. Once your child goes over and edits her writing then she can transfer it onto the printable sheet.
- Encourage your child by posting the page on the fridge.
- Think about expanding on the lesson by making it a speaking prompt. Once your child is finished with the drawing and writing prompt, have her present it to the family. If she is hesitant allow her to practice by presenting it to her stuffed animals first.
- If your child is discouraged with the writing process allow him to free write so there is no worry about making grammatical or spelling mistakes. You can then allow your child to edit it later with your help!
- If your child is having a hard time coming up with words then have her write a list of words that goes along with the topic.
Free April Writing Prompts
We have LOTS of free april writing prompts so you can choose your favorite, pick a new one each year, or give each child a different writing prompts calendar:
- Free April Writing Prompts Calendar
- April Writing Prompts – with picture to color or draw and ruled lines
- Spring Writing Prompts for April – calendar with an idea for each day
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Flower Parts of a plant flip book
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
April Writing Ideas
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!