This Bugs themed free printable Sight Word Reader is another fun sight word cut and paste where students will Create-Your-Own Reader. This emergent reader is all about insects which makes it perfect for spring, summer, or fall. This sight words printable is made up almost entirely of preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade sight words making it a great sight words activity to improve reading fluency. Simply print pdf file with free printable sight word books and you are ready to work on reading fluency with a spring activities.
Sight word printables
Practicing making sentences, reading comprehension, and sight words has never been more fun that with this free printable sight word book that children will make themselves. This bug printable create-your-own-reader is a great way for kindegartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students to practice sight word while strengthening fine motor skills cutting, coloring, and pasting too! In this sight words printable, kids will color and cut & paste sentences make up of dolch sight words including pre-Primer, Primer, and 1st Grade site words.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this sight word activity. Use this at home as extra practice, summer learning, spring theme or insect theme center in yoru classroom, or as a fun spring activity for kids.
Free printable sight word books
Bugs Sight Word Reader
Complete directions for this first grade sight words printable are included in the free printable, but basically you are going to print front and back to make a black and white Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Reader.
Sight word activity
Kids will have fun coloring their very own sight word book. Then they will cut & paste a sentence per page to complete the book. This is not only great practice for sight words and sentences, but is lots of fun too!
Sight word Worksheet
Help kids make sure they are understanding the 1st grade sight words they’ve read with the reading comprehension questions to go along with this Create-Your Own Reader.
See the create your own reader with cut and paste sentences in action!
Sight Word Game
Looking for more sight word games, activities, and worksheets to make practicing fun? Try these ideas:
- Crazy Roads 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste 1st Grade Sight Words on the Farm
- Spring Flower Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO Printable
- Bug Sight Word Readers kids create by cutting, pasting, and coloring
- Sight word flashcards printable
- Reading the EASY Way – 1st Grade Reading Game
- Sight Word Garden Game
- Frog Sight Word Games
- Candyland Cards Printable
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Alphabet-O Sight Word Alphabetizing Games
- Sight Word Tracing Worksheets
- Printable sight words Lists
- plus don’t miss all our MANY, Free Sight Word Printables
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
Insect Activities for Kids
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Bugs Activity Sheets
- Bug Themed Alphabet FInd and Color
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with stickers
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Bugs Emergent Reader
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!