Kids will have fun practicing identifying upper and lowercase alphabet letters and identifying beginning sounds with these Bug themed alphabet games. This 4-in-1 abc preschool kids tracing & phonics learning game pack has a fun spring bug theme perfect for making learning engaging for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. Whether you are learning capital letters, lowercase letters, alphabet matching, or want to play a beginning sounds game, this is a fun way to learn. Simply download pdf file with alphabet printables and you are ready to GO!
Learning their letters and the sounds letters make is one of the main “jobs” for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. These alphabet games are a fun, easy, and FREE way for kids to learn their ABCs. These alphabet printables are perfect for kids to have fun practicing their letters. So whether you are looking for spring printable alphabet games for kids, or are working on summer printable abc learning games – these are sure to printables are sure to help you practice learning your ABCs while having fun with your child.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding these alphabet ideas in your home, liteacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
ABC preschool kids tracing & phonics learning game
ABC learning games
I love making activities that grow with your kids and can be used by sibling groups together! It makes printing in color worth it. For the following 4 alphabet activities you are going to print the black and white worksheets and the upper and lower case alphabet bugs in color and use a laminator for durability.
Hint: We use refurbished ink for a fraction of the cost that works great! We only spend about $20-40/year for all the color printing we do!
Peek-a-Bug Capital Letters
This simple game is intended to help Toddler and Preschool age kids recognize alphabet letters. You will only need the capital letters which you will place letter down (in a pile or grid).
Kids turn over a letter and say the letter name, “This is the letter D”. Then kids will color in the letter D on their worksheet.
Hint: To enhance this activity tell kids the sound the letters make as they color them in. The D says d.
Peek-a-Bug Lowercase Letters
Game number two is another simple activity to help Toddler and Preschool age kids recognize alphabet letters. As this alphabet activity is for lowercase letters, you will only need the lowercase letters. Place the letters face down (in a pile or grid).
Kids turn over a letter and say the letter name, “This is the letter e”. Then kids will color in the letter e on their worksheet.
Hint: To enhance this activity tell kids the sound the letters make as they color them in. The e says eh.
Alphabet Matching Game
This game is played like memory to work on matching uppercase and lowercase letters. Flip all the cards over arrange in a grid. Flip two cards at a time and if you match the upper and lowercase letters you made a match. If you make a match you get to go again.
Continue taking turns and making matches until all the letters have been paired up. The person who has the most matches at the end wins.
This game is great to help Preschool & Kindergarten age kids to practice identifying upper and lowercase letters.
Beginning Sounds Game
The fourth game is for kids who know their letters and the sounds they make: Preschool and Kindergarten.
This activity can be done independently or with others as a game. Turn all the upper and lowercase letters face down in a grid. Kids will take turns flipping over one card. In the example above we turned over a letter c. The c says K as in corn. So we would color in the corn on the worksheet. (turn the card over and keep it in the game)
Continue taking turns until someone colors in the whole alphabet.
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
Insect activities for preschoolers
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Bugs Activity Sheets
- Bug Themed Alphabet FInd and Color
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with stickers
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Download Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836 and Dancing Crayon Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!