Kids will have fun practicing identifying upper and lowercase alphabet letters and identifying beginning sounds with these Bug themed alphabet games. This 4-in-1 abc preschool kids tracing & phonics learning game pack has a fun spring bug theme perfect for making learning engaging for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. Whether you are learning capital letters, lowercase letters, alphabet matching, or want to play a beginning sounds game, this is a fun way to learn. Simply print pdf file with alphabet printables and you are ready to GO!
Free Alphabet games
Learning their letters and the sounds letters make is one of the main “jobs” for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. These alphabet games are a fun, easy, and FREE way for kids to learn their ABCs. These alphabet printables are perfect for kids to have fun practicing their letters. So whether you are looking for spring printable alphabet games for kids, or are working on summer printable abc learning games – these are sure to printables are sure to help you practice learning your ABCs while having fun with your child.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding these alphabet ideas in your home, liteacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Insect alphabet printable
ABC learning games
I love making activities that grow with your kids and can be used by sibling groups together! It makes printing in color worth it. For the following 4 alphabet activities you are going to print the black and white worksheets and the upper and lower case alphabet bugs in color and use a laminator for durability.
Hint: We use refurbished ink for a fraction of the cost that works great! We only spend about $20-40/year for all the color printing we do!
abc preschool kids tracing & phonics learning game
This simple game is intended to help Toddler and Preschool age kids recognize uppercase alphabet letters. You will only need the capital letters which you will place letter down (in a pile or grid).
Kids turn over a letter and say the letter name, “This is the letter D”. Then kids will color in the letter D on their worksheet.
Hint: To enhance this activity tell kids the sound the letters make as they color them in. The D says d.
Game number two is another simple activity to help Toddler and Preschool age kids recognize lowercase alphabet letters. As this alphabet activity is for lowercase letters, you will only need the lowercase letters. Place the letters face down (in a pile or grid).
Kids turn over a letter and say the letter name, “This is the letter e”. Then kids will color in the letter e on their worksheet.
Hint: To enhance this activity tell kids the sound the letters make as they color them in. The e says eh.
Alphabet Matching Game
This game is played like memory to work on matching uppercase and lowercase letters. Flip all the cards over arrange in a grid. Flip two cards at a time and if you match the upper and lowercase letters you made a match. If you make a match you get to go again.
Continue taking turns and making matches until all the letters have been paired up. The person who has the most matches at the end wins.
This game is great to help Preschool & Kindergarten age kids to practice identifying upper and lowercase letters.
Beginning Sounds Game
The fourth game is for kids who know their letters and the sounds they make: Preschool and Kindergarten.
This activity can be done independently or with others as a game. Turn all the upper and lowercase letters face down in a grid. Kids will take turns flipping over one card. In the example above we turned over a letter c. The c says K as in corn. So we would color in the corn on the worksheet. (turn the card over and keep it in the game)
Continue taking turns until someone colors in the whole alphabet.
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Insect activities for preschoolers
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Insect Alphabet Printable – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Ladybug Activities for Preschoolers activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Free printable sight word games is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Stamped Potato Bee Craft for spring
- Cute Spider Name Craft
- Firefly Preschool Counting Worksheets
- Gummy Worm Edible Slime
- Fun, hands-on Spiders Activities for Preschoolers Activities
- Quick-and-Easy Spider Slime
- All About Earthworm Life Cycle Worksheets
- Insect Printables for Preschoolers 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Bug color by blend worksheet – Coloring by Blends
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Spider for Kids worksheets
- Ladybug Life cycle for Kids worksheets
- Life Cycle of a Mosquito Printables
- Free Bee Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Free Insect Activities for Preschoolers
- Bee and Insect Theme Preschool
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug free printable sight word books pdf – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Shape Spider Worksheets Preschool and Kindergarten
- Insect Worksheets to learn about lots of different bugs in our world
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Insect Printables
Insect Printables for Kids
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for preschoolers
- Bug Math Worksheets for pre-k and kindergarten students
- Cute Bug Counting Bugs Worksheet
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Printables pdf – bug activity sheets
- Bee CVC Words Activity for Kids
- Bug Themed Find the letter worksheets pdf
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 Sticker Worksheets
- Free Printable Insect Mini Book to learn about bug life cycles
- Hands-on Spider Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Free, Educational Insect Coloring Pages pdf for kids
- Help children work on spelling their name with these insect free printable name recognition activities
- Plus don’t miss these fun-to-read bug books for preschool
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836 and Dancing Crayon Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply