If you are working with your toddler, preschool, pre k, Kindergarten, and first grade student on learning the alphabet, you know they will need to reference something frequently to remember how to form their letters. It is a skill that just takes time and practice! These super cute, free alphabet printables for wall are a handy tool for helping children their their letters from A to Z. Print the pdf file with the free printable alphabet flash cards, cut apart, and hang on your wall for kids to reference the upper and lowercase letters frequently.
Alphabet printables for wall
It may seem easy to you know, but learning your ABCs was not so easy when you were young! Learning letters, working on letter recognition, matching uppercase and lower case letters, and starting to listen for phonemic sounds to identify beginning sounds is hard work for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. But it is essential as the alphabet is the foundation for all future learning, literacy, reading, and writing. Grab these alphabet printables for wall for your child to easily reference as they are learning their letters A-Z.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these low prep alphabet printables children can use as a reference as they begin identifying and writing letters.
Free printable alphabet flash cards
Large alphabet flashcards printable
With a little one starting Preschool I wanted to really focus on the Alphabet with her. After all, isn’t knowing the alphabet the building blocks to everything!?!? So I created both wall cards and matching alphabet flashcards for us to use as we learn!
- Printable alphabet wall cards – large 5” x 8” wallcards are perfect for hanging on your walls. This is super helpful for young learners so they can remember how to form each letter.
- Alphabet flash cards printable – standard 3″ by 5″ cards for individual practice, practice tracing letters, and using with games.
Alphabet Flashcard Games
Use these free alphabet flashcards for individual review, in the car, putting in alphabetical order, and playing alphabet games and abc activities like:
- Find the letter Hunt (take the letter around the house and find other matching letters)
- Letter Jump – Call out a letter and have your child jump on that letter.
- Go Fish (print 2 copies)
- Letter of the Week (Bin or Sensory Learning Tray)
- Letter Pictionary – draw a picture that starts with the letter/sound on the card
- Memory (print 2 copies)
- Outdoor Sound Match like Reading Confetti
Free Alphabet printables for wall
Looking for more free flashcards to work on fluency? Or perhaps you are wanting to practice another skill using flash cards? We have lots of free printable cards for you to use:
- Hungry Caterpillar Number Flashcards
- Music Note Flashcards
- Piano Flashcards
- Sheep Simple Number Flashcards
- Biology Flashcards
- Go on a scavenger hunt with these color flashcards for toddlers
- Color Flashcards
- Shape Flashcards
- Minion Division Flashcards
- Shape Flashcards for Toddlers
- Alphabet Flashcards
- Printable Alphabet Wallcards
- Princess Addition Flashcards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flashcards
- See all our free flashcards for kids of all ages!
Looking for more alphabet printables that will making learning letters from A to Z fun? Check out all these free printables to choose from:
- These Free Alphabet hats are one of our most popular posts! There is a black and white page for each letter of the alphabet. Young learners will love wearing their alphabet crown featuring the letter of the week.
- You will love these A to Z Letter find worksheets! Each of these clever alphabet worksheets has a different theme corresponding to the sound the alphabet letter makes. Students will color the picture that contain the upper and lowercase letters featured on teach page.
- If you are focusing on one letter at a time these Alphabet Mini Books are perfect! Simply color, fold, and read to help kids gain vocabulary and learn lots of words that start with the featured letter.
- There are lots of alphabet playdough mats out there, but our are free AND interactive! Kids will make the alphabet letter and use pladough (or crayons) to complete the picture featuring the alphabet sound.
- Kids will love forming uppercase letters our of Lego Duplo bricks with our Free Duplo Alphabet Mats. There is also a space for kids to practice tracing letters at the bottom.
- You will love these NO PREP Alphabet Coloring Pages which help preschool and kindergarten age kids practice listening for beginning sounds.
Alphabet Books for Kids
Here are some of our favorite alphabet books for kids of all ages that will help kids work on letter recognition and letter fluency!
Alphabet wall cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share, please share a link to this page, not the file. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!